• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

stuff like that hehe vs empire game

like it just completely fell apart

but i couldn't tell you why or how

just bad team fights i guess

I didn't see the end, but I think it was over after hehe was forced to continuously fight, whereas empire just farmed much better, the slight kill lead early wasn't enough. The lack of a harder carry didn't help at that point.
Not to mention that Empire is a top professional team, while hehe is one of the better amateur teams in EU I guess :p

Nymerio

that was amazing by alliance

i don't know how they kept managing to kill that tiny

great game, very tense. These Halberds definitely paid off.

lone_druid_ohayou_by_artofhkm-d6g9pel.png

Also, very poor form from sigma, they were in no position to contest that level 1 rosh and they begged for a remake because of a mislevel on SF (aura first), and they had the gall to say "who, we were checking it, totes" afterwards. Major scumbags.

Yeah that was pretty bad. I'm pretty sure I saw all of sigma in the fountain just as Rox was entering the pit.

This is stupid, how does a mis-skill even warrant a remake? Tough luck if you can't skill properly oO

edit: wow: https://twitter.com/7ckngMadDOTA/status/445623153189224448

mfaex

It's generally a manners thing to remake for a bad lvl1 skill (sf, lone druid in particular), granted teams should agree on the remake. That was clearly bullshit though. Dodging the rosh. Fuck sigma.

Demoli

Just had my first perfect game. 12/0/16 on Axe. Just fucking demolished. It feels oh so good.

is there a replay?

Most recent Dreamleague game ,but the drama starts in the very firrst game where they dodged a lvl 1 rosh when they were in no position to contest.

Ketch

Oh crap Dream league is on, I should be watching dream league.... but was too busy KILLING NERDS with axe.

I disliked SIGMA to begin with, gimmick name for a gimmick team.

edit: AND they killed the dota network.

I'd like to see the blink "skill" range removed. For those who don't know, if you try to blink too far (outside of the max range of a blink dagger), you won't blink the max range, you'll blink to 200 units short of it.

Not only is this explained like, nowhere, but it's one of the lamest ways to artificially increase the skill cap of a game. Dota games are organic. This kind of shit needs to just go.

i hope they change this eventually. i think it's pretty dumb. they made the game more accessible by making most spells disjointable, they should do this too

So in terms of mmr, has any info come out, about what the average mmr is, what's "good", etc. I'm sitting at 3600 and I'm curious how that is, although it feels like I am slowly climbing. (was initially rated at 3900 but had a horrendous mmr fall).

if you assume "good" as the old very high bracket, the lower mmr to play with a pro from what i've seen was 3.8k, so i'm going to go with you needing at least that to be in very high. considering that the lower end, where you're still borderline high, you'd probably need something like 4.1k to queue exclusively very high probably. and you'd possibly want a margin to only queue there even if you go on a losing spree, so maybe something like 4.3k to 4.5k

also steam is down again. thanks gabe

FACE

Banned
Tobi and DotaCapitalist(I think) talking about "Pugna being on top of Slardar" in some fan art and my mind immediately went places it shouldn't have.

Radec

Just read about the sigma remake thing.

Now i get it why twitch chat is spamming remake on every kill or action from that game. lol

Ketch

Damnit stupid network needs to come back so I jerk it to my own replay.

edit:

ok, just got to the lvl 1 fake rosh team fight, and if I was them (rox.kis) they should have paused right then (when SIGMA showed up at Rosh) and just mega trash talked them.

... This is the most immature post I've ever made.

Sigma's/FATA's Official Statement (which they posted on Reddit for some reason)
As most of you know, there was an issue at the beginning of today's match against RoX.KIS. I accidentaly misskilled (my unmute hotkey on teamspeak was the same as skilling presence of the dark lord) and disconnected immediately because of it – without consulting the admins first. This was a huge mistake on my side and i apologize for this. We didn't think it through properly, as a mis-skill can crucially change a whole game around from the getgo (especially in this occasion on shadow fiend). By forcing a remake we took RoX.KIS' chance at taking a lvl 1 Roshan. Another problem was that we took the admins ability of making a decision because of the misunderstanding that we were unable to disconnect. I told my team to tell them that i missclicked my spell but it came across the wrong way. We accepted every admin decision afterwards and were ready to accept the punishment for the initial remake aswell.

Regardless of whether or not we could've prevented them to actually claim the roshan, we were trying to solve the issue to an extent that every party involved would be satisfied with. The admins proposed a completely new draft but RoX wanted the same line-ups. We were fine either way and played the game out.

We are deeply sorry, especially for causing any inconveniences for the tournament – which has been run very smoothly so far and is run rather professionally – but even more so for causing trouble for RoX.KIS. We hope that the match was satisfactory for everyone regardless, the tournament, RoX.KIS and most of all for you, the fans and viewers. We enjoyed the match thoroughly and hope that everyone else shares the sentiment.

Things have been said and done in the meanwhile, but – and this is in no means an excuse – it gets very emotional very quickly when things become competitive. In no means do we feel any resentment towards RoX.KIS, especially taking into consideration that an old friend and teammate is captaining the their squad.

Demoli

He's trying to save face, but there is no doubt whatsoever that they mass dc'd to dodge the rosh after realising they couldn't possibly contest it since veno and another support were top and the rest were at base.

I really hope they get proper reprecussions from this, that was not cool at all.

Razzer

So as there is one here and I know Bone7 likes it, would armlet be a good stomp build on clock in pubs? You can't rely on your teammates to be with you all the time after all.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wow that is some scummy ass shit, I never liked sigma before after 7ckingmad and a few of the frenchies publicly ttrashed synderyn after TI2, but after this... wtf? Admins grow some spine and do your damn job, a player disconnecting because they don't like how they game is progressing and demanding a remake??? Fuck man, even if you misskilled that's your fucking problem, that's not grounds for a remake.

Raytow

Sigma giving Next.kz a run for their money in most scumbag team in Dota?
oh do tell, what does next.kz does? im curious.
Also wtf at trashing synderen he seems like such a nice guy(from a casting perspective, way too new to this to know his pro days)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow that is some scummy ass shit, I never liked sigma before after 7ckingmad and a few of the frenchies publicly ttrashed synderyn after TI2, but after this... wtf? Admins grow some spine and do your damn job, a player disconnecting because they don't like how they game is progressing and demanding a remake??? Fuck man, even if you misskilled that's your fucking problem, that's not grounds for a remake.
The admins were lied to and told the issue was that they couldn't reconnect.

Kard8p3

GAF u lied u said there was going to be techies and pit lord and arc warden and that 109 would finally reach 4k and and and and

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom