• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
dumb question, do we have any insight if LoL is still growing, especially in the west.

depends if u believe roits numbers or not

they dont break it up by E v W tho

but i think a lot of dere huge growth over the past year can be attributed 2 china n korea

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Facist Riot is forcing the meta and making it so not all towers are created equal so eventually freedom loving people will jump ship for Dota.

Also, when their playerbase hits 16 they will look for a more mature game with less cartoon characters and more blood.

Karakand

I'd like to see the blink "skill" range removed. For those who don't know, if you try to blink too far (outside of the max range of a blink dagger), you won't blink the max range, you'll blink to 200 units short of it.

Not only is this explained like, nowhere, but it's one of the lamest ways to artificially increase the skill cap of a game. Dota games are organic. This kind of shit needs to just go.

Would you leave Queen of Pain's and Anti-Mage's blinks untouched? Their lack of this limitation is differentiating.
Especially at my bad MMR bracket.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So in terms of mmr, has any info come out, about what the average mmr is, what's "good", etc. I'm sitting at 3600 and I'm curious how that is, although it feels like I am slowly climbing. (was initially rated at 3900 but had a horrendous mmr fall).
The opt in stuff says 3700/3800 is the 50/50 split point.
Weren't you an Earth Spirit player, bro?
I don't see what that has to do with it, more so since he's pretty niche now. Technies inherently are going to be annoying and disrupt normal play.

If you are under 80% WR it doesn't count for ES anyway.

If we did get an update, what we are looking at is pit Lord, techies, a new shadow fiend model, and the ranked leader board. Other things in the cards are custom game mode support, a small ui revamp, 6.80b, and maybe some new game modes.

Also Regalia of the Wraithlord and Clockwerk being made workshop ready!

I don't think we'll get Pit Lord. Techies have that sweet sweet portrait data, Pitlord does not.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Emerald Warden

7eNr6lR.jpg

inkls

Also Regalia of the Wraithlord and Clockwerk being made workshop ready!

I don't think we'll get Pit Lord. Techies have that sweet sweet portrait data, Pitlord does not.

Didn't ember come out of nowhere? Phoenix also suddenly got alot of work added to it before it was released. Pit lord has had a placeholder model since what? November? Still possible.

FACE

Banned
I don't see what that has to do with it, more so since he's pretty niche now. Technies inherently are going to be annoying and disrupt normal play.

If you are under 80% WR it doesn't count for ES anyway.

Sometimes I just want to annoy people :p

Didn't ember come out of nowhere? Phoenix also suddenly got alot of work added to it before it was released. Pit lord has had a placeholder model since what? November? Still possible.

Ember and Earth, we had their portraits and beta skill icons 2 weeks before release and some voice lines a week before release. Ember had also had a texture in the files since around TI3

Techies are at about the state Phoenix was at right before release. Pit Lord has more work done overall though.

I just am hesitant to think they'll add a non CM hero before the last CM hero. Earth was an exception because it was a themed update.

Radec

just checked the ongoing tourneys of dota 2...

Dreamleague: 3-0 (currently 2nd)
Star Ladder: 7-0 (currently 1st)
Champion's League: 4-0 (currently 1st)
joinDOTA League: 4-0 (currently 1st)
MLG TKO: 6-1 (currently 1st)

Team Empire

1382688835267.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Team Empire

1382688835267.gif
No way you are getting more karma in reddit then anboker.

Raytow

Team Empire

1382688835267.gif

Indeed they look unbeatable, also they don't lose to random teams like other top teams, TI4 baby, LAN experience be damned.

Demoli

Twitch has gotten to the point where the video doesn't even load for me.

What a crap website, even MLG has a better streaming service.

Calidor

So in terms of mmr, has any info come out, about what the average mmr is, what's "good", etc. I'm sitting at 3600 and I'm curious how that is, although it feels like I am slowly climbing. (was initially rated at 3900 but had a horrendous mmr fall).

I'm pretty sure that 3000-ish is the middle ground in ranked, and 2500 unranked

shira

Indeed they look unbeatable, also they don't lose to random teams like other top teams, TI4 baby, LAN experience be damned.
Really? Rtz, fear and aui on LAN is much different than 250 ping.

Also, let's see how they adapt to 6.90.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
At 3200, about 50% of the time I feel like my teammates were actual humans and 50% of time I feel like they are cats walking on a keyboard.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Remember old empire was doing great last year as well, we're still a ways out from TI4. Things can change drastically from now until then--new patch, new drama, new powerhouses. The only difference is I don't expect we'll see many player shuffles or team changes this late in the game (compared to last year). TI3 made it clear that stability is a huge factor in getting dat invite.

Nymerio

oh god twitch. I've been watching on high quality and it worked perfectly, suddenly it stops and I can't even properly watch on medium -_-

Razzer

All I'm hoping for TI4 is that as many teams as possible look like they could win it. And things are looking hopeful that we could have even more competition than at TI3. Hopefully noone will dominate on the level of Alliance or IG the last two years.

Wes

venison crêpe
A new mode I call Wes Dota (Or alternatively, ARDMode - eg. "I'm well 'ard I am")

Ability Draft. Let the timer run out for all your team's picks.

Very fun.

Sibylus

Banned
Demoli has a small pool so i made an informatory pic on him: different heroes played by G.ZZZ [COPPER SCUM] - 1

Just admit you got a crush on Demoli Bo, we'll still love you. It's normal to like a Guido, those tanned muscles DAMN
You saying I like bears?

Demoli

You saying I like bears?

lone_druid_ohayou_by_artofhkm-d6g9pel.png

Also, very poor form from sigma, they were in no position to contest that level 1 rosh and they begged for a remake because of a mislevel on SF (aura first), and they had the gall to say "who, we were checking it, totes" afterwards. Major scumbags.

Bad7667

lone_druid_ohayou_by_artofhkm-d6g9pel.png

Also, very poor form from sigma, they were in no position to contest that level 1 rosh and they begged for a remake because of a mislevel on SF (aura first), and they had the gall to say "who, we were checking it, totes afterwards. Major scumbags.
Yeah that was pretty bad. I'm pretty sure I saw all of sigma in the fountain just as Rox was entering the pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom