• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Is it really possible Techies will be in the game by the end of the week?

Oh man, that would be cool. Seems like an interesting hero to play, and maybe something that would actually suit my play style of seeming to blow up at the start of every single team fight :(

edit: The Summit, please don't have a pudge set with the ticket plz.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some joker went jungle sand king in my game today. How'd it work out? We lost. So probably totally 100% his fault. http://dotabuff.com/matches/565691898

I'm still heart set on making omniknight work in the jungle. I'm thinking I'll just have to suicide at some point Lycan style.

Ok, level 1, get Stout Shield, Quelling Blade, and a Tango, and level Degen Aura. Now, you may think the heal would be better, but no, you are only going to get it off twice, and Degen is 7% attack speed slow, making it take longer for the enemy creeps to kill you and more time for the tangos to heal you up.

Now, you can start on the easy creeps, or two kinds of medium creeps, Mud Golumns or Satires. The two Medium Camps are preferred, as they will net more gold and XP, but if its not those two don't try, they will do too much damage.

For Radiant, you need to be standing between the easy and mediumn camp at 30 seconds, in this narrow spot where the two camps don't overlap. Cut down some of the trees while you wait. (No clue what you would do on dire, likely just forced to do easy camps)
1244064903.jpg

When the creeps spawn, if its one of the mediumn camps you can take, do it. If not, you will have to start killing the easy camp, but likely won't be able to kill all the creeps before the minute mark. So, at 55 seconds, pull any creeps left out of the box so they stack, then try and kill it when it walks back. After you kill two groups of creeps, you should be level 2, now get heal. You have a few options. You can wait for the easy camp to respawn at 2 minutes, take the medium camp if its nearby, check on the other medium camp if its any good, or just kill your self now taking out part of a harder medium camp.

Now, because this is Omninight jungle, most of the time you are going to only be mid level 2 and have 550ish gold when you are out of HP and mana unless you get really good creep spawns (At best I got like low level 3 and 700 gold though). I would suggest you simply kill you self still for the quick port and the -60 gold for death, and then walk back and finish up a bottle to bottle crow. If you get the bottle, crow it every chance you get. You could also go for a RoB, and maybe get a vlads, but I think Omni would benefit from the bottlecrow more. I was able to get level 6 at about 9 minutes, and a Arcane Boots and bottle along with level 7 at about 11 with lots of bottle crow.

Now for bed.

ElyrionX

Been playing Puck again recently. Feels good. I've been using the standard Blink hex item build but I'm really tempted to try the snowball/stompy build of Blink Dagon especially if I see a lineup of squishy heroes. Any thoughts?

Boken

Banned
Been playing Puck again recently. Feels good. I've been using the standard Blink hex item build but I'm really tempted to try the snowball/stompy build of Blink Dagon especially if I see a lineup of squishy heroes. Any thoughts?

109 likes to go blink dagon so u shud do it

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Got a random abandon. I disconnected abruptly and couldn't connect again.

ty valve
That's happened to me twice so far, once in a co-op bot game. Neither game counted as an abandon for me though, just a loss.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Eh I don't know why reddit is making such a big fuss over that joindota article, item sets are usually just a matter of personal opinion and the author of the article happened to like these 5. Who cares?

Personally I think the silencer set with the base model colors looks pretty cool. And the ember UI is pretty nice too.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Some joker went jungle sand king in my game today. How'd it work out? We lost. So probably totally 100% his fault. http://dotabuff.com/matches/565691898

I'm still heart set on making omniknight work in the jungle. I'm thinking I'll just have to suicide at some point Lycan style.
Pretty sure you're just making fun of Ultrabum, but I did jungle SK on CM and had my 11 minute Blink.

Game is hard when your captain doesn't pick carries though. Random pub sub 4.5k MMR cannot end games early and shutdown teams.

Low Pri is where a friend discovered the sick mid Keeper Dagon rush strat and went like 17-2. Use Low Pri as an excuse to fuck around and experiment.

I know I shouldn't be annoyed but every single one of my abandons have been on wins and stuff out of my control. It's not like I abuse the leave system either.

Nirvana

Holy shit. Team refused to push the side lanes after taking mid rax, got teamwiped twice taking their tier 4s and diving them instead and then we lose the game. I just...when were megacreeps not a good idea to get?

Holy shit. Team refused to push the side lanes after taking mid rax, got teamwiped twice taking their tier 4s and diving them instead and then we lose the game. I just...when were megacreeps not a good idea to get?

I've lost a 90+ minute match where we got megacreeps, they just legged it down mid and won.

Edit: that doesn't really answer your question.

Nirvana

I've lost a 90+ minute match where we got megacreeps, they just legged it down mid and won.

Edit: that doesn't really answer your question.

Was more a rhetorical question. My point being that forcing constantly down mid is generally a much less safe option than pushing the sidelanes, starving them for farm and getting megacreeps; all of which we could have easily done since we were way ahead before the 3 straight teamwipes caused by the constant diving.

edit: I would like to also point out that I solo supported the entire game, buying every set of wards, sentries, upping courier etc. apart from a gem bought by Axe 30 minutes in. Had people bitching about lack of wards when there were 2 on the map basically at all times and 'lack of detection' after Axe lost the gem.

GorillaJu

Literally 3 games in a row were ruined by troll players. Gyro who abandons his lane, giving free farm to the enemy carry, comes to my mid and starts stealing CS and exp from me, doesn't say a word just runs around being a dickhole the entire game.

Next game, we get a Luna who skills up aura/stats and doesn't get beam/ult until she has to. (she gets ult before beam)

Next game we have a mid storm who gives first blood and just feeds over and over. 0-12 or so.

I don't know how I'm getting queued with people like this, but it really fucking grates and makes me frustrated that so many years in, there is still this kind of behavior wasting everyone's time.

Zeknurn

Literally 3 games in a row were ruined by troll players. Gyro who abandons his lane, giving free farm to the enemy carry, comes to my mid and starts stealing CS and exp from me, doesn't say a word just runs around being a dickhole the entire game.

Next game, we get a Luna who skills up aura/stats and doesn't get beam/ult until she has to. (she gets ult before beam)

Next game we have a mid storm who gives first blood and just feeds over and over. 0-12 or so.

I don't know how I'm getting queued with people like this, but it really fucking grates and makes me frustrated that so many years in, there is still this kind of behavior wasting everyone's time.

I know the feeling. I'm on a 8 game loss streak now because people are idiots.

In the game I just played I had someone instant pick captain, kept asking "PUDJE OR NERC MID????, we suggested better heroes, he picked Pudge anyway, when everyone had selected heroes Pudge was left and the captain threw a hissy hit because he wanted to play PA not Pudge. Sand King swapped with him so that he would stop throwing vulgar words at others. He then said he would steal farm from PA which he did by maxing caustic finale and attack every creep in the safe lane.

Things like this happens almost every game and the only way you can win is if the other team has the same problems. Fuck this game and its matchmaking.

M.D

Is invoker pretty much the strongest hero in the game right now? Looking at what he can do, its pretty insane and seems OP as hell to be honest

He offers both offensive and defensive spells that are strong at any point in the game, he has skills that benefit him as well as his teammates and stays relevant even when BKB's come out with very high physical damage

I mean just looking at a couple of his spells

EMP is just insane right now. one mistake from your opponent in mid and you can gain mana, burn his mana and very likely go for a kill. It can very easily set up a gank, prevent a fight or turn it in your favor.

Ghost walk - both offensive and defensive - 100 second duration with a 35 second cooldown. Wanna walk somewhere? no problem, become invisible and gain the highest movement speed in the game! Also, slow down enemies just cause

Seriously, how many heroes in the game can survive an Invoker orchid solo gank? ghost walk in, orchid, boom ur dead, ghost walk out and be on your side of the river before anyone can even come close

Also the built in high HP regeneration coupled with EMP means you can on a very long time before you need visit the fountain.

He just seems crazy strong right now

I guess this is likely to happen when a longtime player tries a new hero to play. Number of heroes are massive and playstyle/item builds are crucial.
Besides, there is a time when you just couldn't do anything right.

Not sure about that Luna though, either he just doesn't know the hero well or just trolling to waste other people's time.

Is invoker pretty much the strongest hero in the game right now? Looking at what he can do, its pretty insane and seems OP as hell to be honest

He offers both offensive and defensive spells that are strong at any point in the game, he has skills that benefit him as well as his teammates and stays relevant even when BKB's come out with very high physical damage

I mean just looking at a couple of his spells

EMP is just insane right now. one mistake from your opponent in mid and you can gain mana, burn his mana and very likely go for a kill. It can very easily set up a gank, prevent a fight or turn it in your favor.

Ghost walk - both offensive and defensive - 100 second duration with a 35 second cooldown. Wanna walk somewhere? no problem, become invisible and gain the highest movement speed in the game! Also, slow down enemies just cause

Seriously, how many heroes in the game can survive an Invoker orchid solo gank? ghost walk in, orchid, boom ur dead, ghost walk out and be on your side of the river before anyone can even come close

Also the built in high HP regeneration coupled with EMP means you can on a very long time before you need visit the fountain.

He just seems crazy strong right now

Gank him early and go get early bkb(which mitigates every single spell in his arsenal except forge spirits and ice wall.) invoker behind in levels is fairly benign as he has no real efficient way to flash farm.

GorillaJu

I'd like to see the blink "skill" range removed. For those who don't know, if you try to blink too far (outside of the max range of a blink dagger), you won't blink the max range, you'll blink to 200 units short of it.

Not only is this explained like, nowhere, but it's one of the lamest ways to artificially increase the skill cap of a game. Dota games are organic. This kind of shit needs to just go.

G.ZZZ

Demoli has a small pool so i made an informatory pic on him: different heroes played by G.ZZZ [COPPER SCUM] - 1

Just admit you got a crush on Demoli Bo, we'll still love you. It's normal to like a Guido, those tanned muscles DAMN

manfestival

played like 5 games yesterday and managed to win two of those somehow despite all of the games being stomps (as in my team getting stomped)

Acinixys

JoinDota promoting ugly sets
http://www.joindota.com/en/news/16593-top-5-workshop-items-of-the-week-1
(especially that ember spirit and silencer)

Also, that last image of the heroes as kids is stolen artwork from some guy on deviant art. Theres a reddit thread somewhere about it.

Hopefully, valve will start showing off a new big update today, to tie into the movie. Or we may just get the movie and an update is still a ways off.
That would be lame. I imagine I'm not the only one hyped for something else.

Besides, they left the test client forum open. Either they forgot, or just didn't see the reason to remove it right before it needed to be updated again.

inkls

I know the feeling. I'm on a 8 game loss streak now because people are idiots.

In the game I just played I had someone instant pick captain, kept asking "PUDJE OR NERC MID????, we suggested better heroes, he picked Pudge anyway, when everyone had selected heroes Pudge was left and the captain threw a hissy hit because he wanted to play PA not Pudge. Sand King swapped with him so that he would stop throwing vulgar words at others. He then said he would steal farm from PA which he did by maxing caustic finale and attack every creep in the safe lane.

Things like this happens almost every game and the only way you can win is if the other team has the same problems. Fuck this game and its matchmaking.

I guess I'm lucky, I haven't encountered this kind of person in Dota 2 yet (I'm expecting to now since every time I've said this the type of person mentioned showed up in the following days).

I only encountered one in lol once. Was playing our AD carry (range carry) and she stayed a bit too long to help the jungler with his leash (usually you help the jungler kill the equivalent of a hard camp which gives a buff to the one who killed it like extra mana regen or damage over time attacks) so she took soaked up some of the experience from it. Our jungler asked "you troll?" and she just replied "I troll" then ran into the enemy team, gave them first blood and repeated the process while repeating "I troll"

*note: I'm basing the gender on the hero/champion played, no idea what gender any of my teammates were.

Hopefully, valve will start showing off a new big update today, to tie into the movie. Or we may just get the movie and an update is still a ways off.

That would be lame. I imagine I'm not the only one hyped for something else.

Besides, they left the test client forum open. Either they forgot, or just didn't see the reason to remove it right before it needed to be updated again.

Either way we're getting a movie, so its still good. We know techies are kind of hinted at right? Pit lord is the other one closest to completion, he's only missing his portrait and model right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If we did get an update, what we are looking at is pit Lord, techies, a new shadow fiend model, and the ranked leader board. Other things in the cards are custom game mode support, a small ui revamp, 6.80b, and maybe some new game modes.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm on a four or five game losing streak. Every game I had a really good start and another lane fed horribly. I tried to gank as much as I could but there was nothing I could do. What should I do in that situation GAF?

Ketch

I'm on a four or five game losing streak. Every game I had a really good start and another lane fed horribly. I tried to gank as much as I could but there was nothing I could do. What should I do in that situation GAF?

Try getting your team to swap lanes around.

elyetis

I'm not expecting anything. Too early and I don't think they would want to distract from the movie itself.
Too early compared to what ? we are already past the time which separated Three Spirits! from Wraith Night and Wraith Night from New Bloom Festival...

If ( please no, don't be true ) June-October were to be as 'empty' as it was last year ( new hero released wise ), it's not like we have much time to even get that new content in.

Not that I would advise to put too much expectation on the Free to Play release, even more so about Techies, Valve is still Valve.

So in terms of mmr, has any info come out, about what the average mmr is, what's "good", etc. I'm sitting at 3600 and I'm curious how that is, although it feels like I am slowly climbing. (was initially rated at 3900 but had a horrendous mmr fall).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom