• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=121539

this is exactly whats happening to me too. Anti virus is blocking it and it keeps growing in size... wtf valve

Ok. So it's not just me getting the error either. Good.

Did you pick earth spirit in RMM. This is your penalty

While everyone is waiting for valve to fix their patch -- can someone please tell me the most effective way to deal with slark's ultimate? He seems really broken and in need of a nerf to me right now.

Same with every hero. Kite and stun.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Apparently Strife is in closed beta. Has anyone heard if it's any good?
It's okay. My biggest problem is paying money to fast track better item recipes (make your own) and pet levels. Oh and paying money to unlock MYTHICAL ITEM CRAFT BONUSES.

It's basically if LoL was DotA (Global stuff, TPs, force boots, couriers).

Sibylus

Banned
While everyone is waiting for valve to fix their patch -- can someone please tell me the most effective way to deal with slark's ultimate? He seems really broken and in need of a nerf to me right now.
You can't really.
Ground disables, yo.

100px-Earthshaker.png
100px-Tiny.png
100px-Clockwerk.png
100px-Io.png
100px-Elder_Titan.png
100px-Earth_Spirit.png
100px-Sand_King.png
100px-Slardar.png
100px-Tidehunter.png
100px-Faceless_Void.png
100px-Nyx_Assassin.png
100px-Windranger.png
100px-Lina.png
100px-Nature%27s_Prophet.png
100px-Jakiro.png
100px-Disruptor.png
100px-Lion.png
100px-Enigma.png
100px-Leshrac.png
100px-Dark_Seer.png
100px-Batrider.png
100px-Ancient_Apparition.png
100px-Invoker.png
100px-Visage.png

woodland

how is this fair? sand king you can at least stun out of his cloud. they need to nerf this hero.

His cloud only lasts like 5 seconds compared to 60+ or whatever SK's is, plus he's an AGI hero that doesn't have much HP and his cloud isn't a DOT?

1-2 good nukes brings him low enough that he'll need to use the rest of his cloud to bail if he wants to stay alive.

Razzer

how is this fair? sand king you can at least stun out of his cloud. they need to nerf this hero.

The rest of him means that his ulti makes him viable rather than strong. It's only 4 seconds. Just don't let him kill everyone in that time and you should be great (I've played quite a bit of slark so I know this from when people deal with me)

shira

docbon

OEM wards are best wards.

I think that broodmama concept was better than the outcome. I guess they couldn't modify the eyes or the mouth.
jblBGLP5Bi5Wo4.png
637x358.resizedimage

the preview looks so unflattering with the jaggies from the extreme close up. couldn't tell those were eyes at first either. wonder if the abdomen will have some sort of effect like the picture.

Why are people so intent in ruining perfectly designed heroes with just utter fluff?

What is on that on brood's arse?

Just overdesigned rubbish destroying the aesthetic. Wish I could cl_minmodels

Low Tier
His cloud only lasts like 5 seconds compared to 60+ or whatever SK's is, plus he's an AGI hero that doesn't have much HP and his cloud isn't a DOT?

1-2 good nukes brings him low enough that he'll need to use the rest of his cloud to bail if he wants to stay alive.

sk confirmed more imba then slark

pompidu

To fix the DOTA update, go to the store, download 8bitmmo. Install, run and quit out. Go back into dota2 and voila!

For some reason, installing a new game and running it fixes the errors. idk

docbon

To fix the DOTA update, go to the store, download 8bitmmo. Install, run and quit out. Go back into dota2 and voila!

For some reason, installing a new game and running it fixes the errors. idk

tried this, and my 8bitmmo download stopped still at 16 megs. 8|

edit: downloaded this big ass patch four times already. just keeps redownloading over and over again. ;~;

edit2: restarted steam and disabled avast temporarily. patch worked this time.

Acinixys

Void

His ult reveals all

Also, Slark is super squishy early game. He only has about 550 HP

So gank him more?

I was wondering if that was just me or the game. Glad to know it's not my hardware or anything. I also get the hero portraits flickering when it happens.

I thought it was just a general bug, but after checking the dev forums it's looking like it's only Warlock Golems though.

Kard8p3

Oh wait, the audio buzzing is the game's fault? LOL I already contacted my headset's company and asked for a replacement; thought I broke this one somehow.

edit: Forgot what I even meant to originally post; oops.

GAF, thoughts on Shadow Demon? He seems fun but I generally don't see him often. Is there another hero who does what he does, but better?

Oh wait, the audio buzzing is the game's fault? LOL I already contacted my headset's company and asked for a replacement; thought I broke this one somehow.

edit: Forgot what I even meant to originally post; oops.

GAF, thoughts on Shadow Demon? He seems fun but I generally don't see him often. Is there another hero who does what he does, but better?
He's awesome.

You don't see him in pubs because he's incredibly effective at fucking over your entire team every single time you use disruption. He can dish out an amazing amount of damage with soul catcher as well.

He's also good all game as late you just literally turn the other teams carry against them or give your carry a free manta style.

docbon

well

my computer crashed at the character select screen three games back to back since the patch, resulting in two early abandonments.

i'm done with this for a few days.

One of the best defensive supports. Strong as an aggressive support with the right lane mates (Slardar, Slark, Sven, and others will a stun that can come after disruption and soul catcher).

He carries harder than Phantom Lancer. Kinda hard to find a support that can do that!

I always have to do a double-take when a hero with a heart gets melted by soul catcher + ult. Even when you know it can happen, it can still catch you off guard when it does.

Nirvana

Played a game last night with a few friends. Went top as Windrunner with Sven and we came up against a trilane. I got killed twice and we decided to just send Sven roaming while I long laned. He camped mid and him and pudge killed their Necrolyte 4 times before they broke up the trilane. We ended up taking their tier two about 5 minutes after and just crushed them.

New meta, dual lane mid against trilanes. Endlessy fun coming back from that deficit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I played NP in 3 bot games, seems p. strong.
Also had a NP in my ranked matched today and made his life sad, but he was still able to do a lot of work which was annoying. Worst problem was I fed gem after only one kill on him and they kept it for the whole game after and we had Mirana and Alch with SB. Ffffffffuuuuuuck

We're up towers, a set of rax, and 20 kills pls just go away fruion. :'[
Kind of drained me from wanting to slug my MMR slowly upwards, it's such a long road.

Also had a NP in my ranked matched today and made his life sad, but he was still able to do a lot of work which was annoying. Worst problem was I fed gem after only one kill on him and they kept it for the whole game after and we had Mirana and Alch with SB. Ffffffffuuuuuuck

Kind of drained me from wanting to slug my MMR slowly upwards, it's such a long road.
Natures Prophet is best hero.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at how the XP needed per level has changed, I really don't get why Icefrog made going from Level 11 to Level 12 take 2200 XP. I know that you get level 11 500 XP faster then in the past, but at the same you get from level 12 to 13 in only 800 XP. Why stall the players at that point for so damn long?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, looks like valve is setting up servers in the middle east, they should by online by March. Wonder if any other regions are set to come online, this maintenance period sounds like a good time to do so.

shira

Also, looks like valve is setting up servers in the middle east, they should by online by March. Wonder if any other regions are set to come online, this maintenance period sounds like a good time to do so.

South America servers please

Hero is hard. I can never consistently land his poison, I mistime disruption and my teammates flame me, I panic and don't aim soul catcher properly and it always affects a creep instead of the enemy hero. And I always run out of mana.

ElyrionX

I know that feeling. Been on a winning streak and broke 3.2k but lost a fe games and I'm now back to 3100. It definitely feels like a grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom