• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Holy fuck some people...

I play ranked CD, picked captain and immediately some guy says pick Puck for me because I can't play any other heroes

He kept saying it and I knew I had to give it to him because I've seen these type of players before, so I plan to get Puck last, but the other team gets it as their last pick.

This guy says I can't play any of other heroes at all and doesn't pick any hero, then was either afk or left and we got the no stats will be recorded notice

I checked and Puck is not even on his 3 most successful heroes

Its only dangerous if you log in with ur steam details, as i did.

And its kinda what someone said above. I was about to trade with someone, pressed the link and didnt pay too much attention the url they provided me and got fucked. :(

In any case I wanted to give a heads-up to you guys.

Look at my steam trade history on what this motherfucker stole from my inventory:

http://imgur.com/sG5xDZ6

motherfucker in question: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fsdfgasdgadsgdsa (avoid him on Dota trade sites)
Steamrep, also don't log into random links.

Too late now though.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sorry to hear that story dmshaposv . I've removed the links just to be on the safe side with regards someone else potentially clicking on it and going through the login process (unlikely, but why take the risk?).

A good reminder for everyone to check full URLs before clicking on them and entering your Steam details.. Slight changes of addresses, 1's instead of L's, 0's instead of o's and so on are all common tools used by phishers.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe that's how one of my alt accounts got hacked somehow. I wish I had known about it sooner because they sure traded a bunch of keys back and forward between each other. Surprised they didn't take anything that was originally on it.

I saw a couple of posts where people we having audio bugs in games with warlock golems, but did anyone in those games have any clipping issues along with it? I felt like my entire game would hiccup or bog down whenever I was on screen with him and it's something that has never happened to me before so has anyone else had a similar issue?

I guess I'm not alone then. Thought my earphones or graphics card was dieing when I got closed to this guys golem.

And its kinda what someone said above. I was about to trade with someone, pressed the link and didnt pay too much attention the url they provided me and got fucked. :(

Look at my steam trade history on what this motherfucker stole from my inventory:

motherfucker in question: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fsdfgasdgadsgdsa (avoid him on Dota trade sites)
Did you report this to Valve? Sounds like a solid Steam ban to me.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your previous post.

manfestival

Compared to Axe, PA, Mirana and Sven, Nature's Prophet has barely any items. He has a lot, but there are heroes with way more.

yeah they have a ton too, especially that are released but the workshop is flooded with natures prophet. Granted lots of those are top notch and good quality. I guess im just sick of seeing cosmetics for all listed above.

I still want to see IO be replaced with a big dota 2 icon

Razzer

One day all heroes will be cosmetic ready, and compulsive buyers everywhere will rejoice. Till that day I just keep wishing for Jakiro sets.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
As more and more artists start to make more items for the workshop and more heroes are made item ready, you will see a lot more hats for your fave hero :)

So I need halp in naming my LC set. Its almost done (1 or 2 more days) so give name suggestions plx.

texturepass1.jpg

dmshaposv

Did you report this to Valve? Sounds like a solid Steam ban to me.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your previous post.

I did, using the steam support thing:

https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=3730-QTPC-8511

Was just checking google how valve has responded to these cases, seems like Valve hasn't replied back to some complaint tickets :/ Doesn't sound too hopeful.

I reported a violation from the user's account profile too.

I hope they reinstate my items. Stuff like the flowering treants, aether-wings and my unusual courier weren't cheap. :(

Razzer

As more and more artists start to make more items for the workshop and more heroes are made item ready, you will see a lot more hats for your fave hero :)

So I need halp in naming my LC set. Its almost done (1 or 2 more days) so give name suggestions plx.

The helmet kinda looks like a Roman Praetorian Helmet. Maybe Something to do with that then?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Does that skin only work if you have her Arcana set?

Also "Red Mare"

Edit: Was anyone else getting portrait tearing last night in games? My group was having it happen through multiple games.

manfestival

heres my shot at it... Hope on the front lines

maybe also "Unwavering leaders courage"... something to that extent since I think those fit the look and role of LC "unwavering courage of the commander" "Wars favor" "unbreakable will of the legion"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Dang Tresdin's really taking the loss of her horse hard.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Crimson Cavalry Command Clothes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Going the alliteration route: Charge of the Crimson Centurion

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I like highly mobile blinky kind of heroes like PA and Sand King so I thought I'd try Clock and it was harder than I thought. It only took me one game to figure out I had to A-click my cogs to get out...

Fires a grappling device rapidly at the target location. If the hook hits a non-neutral enemy unit, Clockwerk launches himself into the target, stunning and dealing damage. Any enemies Clockwerk collides with along the way are subject to damage and stunned. If the hook collides with an allied unit, Clockwerk moves to the allied unit.

Help me understand this. So I will always stop at enemy heroes, allied heroes, and allied creeps? But pass through enemy creeps?

Hung_real

Help me understand this. So I will always stop at enemy heroes, allied heroes, and allied creeps? But pass through enemy creeps?

Colliding with a neutral creep will stop the hook for no effect.

Colliding with enemy hero/creep, allied hero/creep = he will move to the unit

Quesa

Galea (roman helmet) of the Legion Evocatus (roman soldiers who've served their time but have voluntarily returned to battle).

Alternatively, you could go with Lorica (roman scale-plate armor) of the Legion Evocatus since it's more than a helmet and people will argue semantics, but I think both would be cool/apt names for the set.

Razzer

Galea (roman helmet) of the Legion Evocatus (roman soldiers who've served their time but have voluntarily returned to battle).

Alternatively, you could go with Lorica (roman scale-plate armor) of the Legion Evocatus since it's more than a helmet and people will argue semantics, but I think both would be cool/apt names for the set.

I vote for this, good thinking!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so I guess natures prophet is the teemo/annie of dota 2? there seems to be way too much stuff for him

Axe and Kunkka are the guys with all the items in Dota. While Axe beats Kunkka by like 2 items (58 to 56), Kunkka has 8 item slots to axe's 5 (And one of axes slots has only a single item for it), so there are so many diffrent looking kunkkas out there. Plus, Kunkka's items tend to actually make him look different, while Axe's don't really.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Well, that is a Hoplite hat, so maybe something to do with the Greeks. Armaments of the Unbeatable Gladiator? That sounds lame, lets look up some adjectives and verbs no one really uses. Beleaguer? Demesne? Lissome?

How about 'Armaments of the Beleaguer'? Beleaguer means along the lines of 'lay siege to', 'To exhaust with attacks', 'to surround with troops.' Maybe toss in an adjectives, and you should be good.

Armaments of the Lissome Beleaguer... Emmm. No.

Maybe 'Armaments of the Glorious Beleaguer'?

shira

Well, that is a Hoplite hat, so maybe something to do with the Greeks. Armaments of the Unbeatable Gladiator? That sounds lame, lets look up some adjectives and verbs no one really uses. Beleaguer? Demesne? Lissome?

How about 'Armaments of the Beleaguer'? Beleaguer means along the lines of 'lay siege to', 'To exhaust with attacks', 'to surround with troops.' Maybe toss in an adjectives, and you should be good.

Armaments of the Lissome Beleaguer... Emmm. No.

Maybe 'Armaments of the Glorious Beleaguer'?

All I see is a dead dazzle skin.

If anyone has anything worth stealing you might want to enable family options for added security. It takes a few extra seconds to log-in but essentially nobody but your home computer can trade unless you click it off. Adds a pin # too.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/...urn_on_family_options_for_additional_account/

(Steam > Settings > Family > Manage Family Options) Simply turn it on and uncheck all the check boxes to disable all content while in Family view

Essentially it is for parents who don't want their kids buying stuff or trading stuff with mommy and daddy's steam account, but it works for scumbags too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Interesting, I just noticed my CM does in fact have 1 roshan kill. Wonder when I managed to do that.

Also, I'm surprised Troll Warlord is not available for cosmetic items yet.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
114mb test client update?

Seems to be. Is it real content, or did Valve push the fix for dependencies to both clients? Pretty small patch to have much in it.

edit: just realized, you can still play Wraith Night in test. I mean, you can play it in normal too, but that takes a bunch of console commands.

Razzer

I can tell LC is gonna have a long and beautiful line of cosmetics going by early entries. Her armour just invites good designs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can tell LC is gonna have a long and beautiful line of cosmetics going by early entries. Her armour just invites good designs.

Actually, her armor is somewhat limiting. She has a weapon, head, flag, and shoulder slot, but thats it. None of her armor below the shoulders has a slot.

Razzer

Actually, her armor is somewhat limiting. She has a weapon, head, flag, and shoulder slot, but thats it. None of her armor below the shoulders has a slot.

I was more referring to the fact that the armour itself is well designed and invites simple alternatives whereas with other heroes the only option is make it more complex which makes it worse often. Just look at the variety already between the sets we have. The amount of slots does sound limiting though.

Edit: Dreams says it better than me.

I'm surprised the waistline and skirt thing in the back can't be customized.

Needs moar sashes. Either way, she's still has the most visually distinct features that can be taken advantage of by designers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom