• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiore

Banned
You have to have some serious issues if you can't play earth spirit, it's harder to press g and click a hero who's juking to use laguna blade on lina than playing him effectively.
He's not talking about the hero, he's talking about his allies not following through with it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yo, bros, how damned manly is Dirge? Like f'real.

So how many (solo) matches till you're rated? Edit: n/m, found it...won my first one, slardar on the other team bailed after a few pointless deaths.

I'd like to dedicate my Victory to intel intergrated 4600 graphics. I can't wait till I get a new videocard.

ksan

He's not talking about the hero, he's talking about his allies not following through with it.

Naah, earth spirit's ability to pull you out of the trench isn't exaggerated, you have to be completely shit at the game to not get over 7k mmr with that hero. I would go as far as you probably don't have any reason left to live if you can't do that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ES doesn't really need allies that much since he can solo kill almost anyone, defend towers solo, push, do well in lane, 1v4 until mid-late game, etc.

Honestly should milk his MMR while I can to make the trudge upwards quicker, but I played 3 other heroes today (and won!). Did well with Omni in a tough lane so I'm pretty happy.

A true test for real champions!

But seriously this kinda thing is why people shouldn't get so hung up on mmr sometimes. Imagine being that other team.

I'm figured folks would put in a tad more effort but really doesn't seem all too different from regular matchmaking.

Another question, do you receive a present for every level? I'm level 42 and I've just opened my tenth present. I don't want to stop.

Last time I played dota was early last July so I'm kinda behind.

Edit: welp, funs over. Level 47 chest.

Man, whenever you're doing well in a game, there's always some idiot on your team sees someone on a ward and immediately decides to dive, runs into the whole enemy team, dies, and then starts rage-pinging where ever you are.

Like, yeah, I'm not doing yolo diving with you for no reason. Pushing towers and farming a lead is why we're winning.

Quesa

I'm figured folks would put in a tad more effort but really doesn't seem all too different from regular matchmaking.

Another question, do you receive a present for every level? I'm level 42 and I've just opened my tenth present. I don't want to stop.

Last time I played dota was early last July so I'm kinda behind.

every five, yeah.

Quesa

ES doesn't really need allies that much since he can solo kill almost anyone, defend towers solo, push, do well in lane, 1v4 until mid-late game, etc.

Honestly should milk his MMR while I can to make the trudge upwards quicker, but I played 3 other heroes today (and won!). Did well with Omni in a tough lane so I'm pretty happy.

Kotl/Earthshaker lane too strong. #banearth

Hylian7

I can't wait until Valve releases the official toolset.

Agreed, I've already got an idea in my head of something that's an Invoker-based Battleship type of game, featuring Sunstrikes, global Chaos Meteors, and more. You would have multiple units that you can move around before the shots each turn, and depending on what units you have left that determines what spells you can use.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Playin' support for Kagbros is beneficial.

FcShd3o.png

Sucks you played Radiant that one time though.

domstah

Fed so hard in a game just now - was so embarrassed. Not a single gank worked in my favor. I just stopped playing at one point and hid at the fountain. I think I ended 1-16. So sad :(

Who is the counter to Viper btw? I noticed he's quite vulnerable once silenced, but if he starts to snowball how do you stop him?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Who is the counter to Viper btw? I noticed he's quite vulnerable once silenced, but if he starts to snowball how do you stop him?

Razor counters him pretty well in lane, weaver beats him in fights. Tinker is pretty good too since his laser will cause Viper to miss a few times. Oh yes, and silencer

As more and more artists start to make more items for the workshop and more heroes are made item ready, you will see a lot more hats for your fave hero :)

So I need halp in naming my LC set. Its almost done (1 or 2 more days) so give name suggestions plx.
I asked around for some feedback to give to you.

Needs more feathers, apparently.

Hylian7

I hate games where you play someone like Tinker and the other team decides to sit on you with smoke ganks for the first ten minutes early game and it completely screws you over while your other lanes lose too.

fiore

Banned
I hate games where you play someone like Tinker and the other team decides to sit on you with smoke ganks for the first ten minutes early game and it completely screws you over while your other lanes lose too.
Hate to say it but you will just have to be more alert next time. Just remember a smoke gank is a risk especially in the first ten minutes of the game

damn how do the other lanes lose if supports are smoke ganking mid?

zidigan

Well.... just finished my solo rating calibration on an amazing captain's mode game where we had a nice plan going in except for one person who decided not to partake in anything, went to a different lane entirely which led to someone abandoning early on but late enough to where it counted towards everything... was a pretty disappointing game to finish on.

Ended up with a 3265 rating so I feel alright about it, but seeing how many of you all are so much higher... was hoping to be able to get in on some gaf groups a bit more... is 3265 pretty low in the grand scheme of things?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If you're really playing higher than your level you don't need Kaolin to win games. Any high-impact hero will do.
Yeah but a good early game is guaranteed and you can save your teammates from feeding sometimes.
I'll take other suggestions as well.
Well.... just finished my solo rating calibration on an amazing captain's mode game where we had a nice plan going in except for one person who decided not to partake in anything, went to a different lane entirely which led to someone abandoning early on but late enough to where it counted towards everything... was a pretty disappointing game to finish on.

Ended up with a 3265 rating so I feel alright about it, but seeing how many of you all are so much higher... was hoping to be able to get in on some gaf groups a bit more... is 3265 pretty low in the grand scheme of things?
I dunno, how many games have you actually played and how much time have you really spent improving on specific heroes / roles when you want to win?

I started at ~3200 MMR and ranked at 3500, 3575 now solo. I'd say 3000 is the Silver cutoff, but that's not based on much, I've seen pretty terrible 4K and 5K players.

ElyrionX

Been on a losing streak. 7 losses broken up by 1 win in between. Zzzz.

Admittedly, I haven't been playing my best. Just lost a game as Clinkz. Didn't play well. I find it hard to cope when the other team wards and buys plenty of detection whenever I take a hero like Clinkz or BH.

zidigan

Yeah but a good early game is guaranteed and you can save your teammates from feeding sometimes.
I'll take other suggestions as well.

I dunno, how many games have you actually played and how much time have you really spent improving on specific heroes / roles when you want to win?

I started at ~3200 MMR and ranked at 3500, 3575 now solo. I'd say 3000 is the Silver cutoff, but that's not based on much, I've seen pretty terrible 4K and 5K players.

Right now I'm at 187 wins, 181 losses in real games, but I played probably hundreds upon hundreds of bot and co-op bot games to practice for a while because I got sick of how dickish many people could be in pub games. So I'm decent with basics and I can play most heroes and roles overall, at least I like to think as much.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man, Jungle Doom is so goddamn slow, even with forgiving spawn camps. Dunno how anyone enjoys it. :S

xKebob

1. wreck midlane( i was morphling against kunkka)
2. get midas shotgun BOTs 20min in
3. worthless luna feeds enemy LC a lot
4. lose :(

I hate games when i do well but i lose..
I guess it's somewhat on me,shoudlve told my team to push more

Anteo

Right now I'm at 187 wins, 181 losses in real games, but I played probably hundreds upon hundreds of bot and co-op bot games to practice for a while because I got sick of how dickish many people could be in pub games. So I'm decent with basics and I can play most heroes and roles overall, at least I like to think as much.

I have played the game for over 5 years, I sit at around 3500 on both party and solo RMM.
The thing is that the points move so little to either side, the other day I think I won like 5 points per match so I dont even know if its worth playing to get higher. The other thing is that I am at a bad stage of my dota career, I'm making stupid mistakes that I know shouldnt happen, big mistakes that the enemy can snowball for the win, and even then I lose like 5 points too.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

It's a spider hero. Spawns a bunch of babies, pushes lanes hard and can walk thru trees.

So, somehow I'm perma-banned from chatting in Dendi's twitch channel even tho I've typed maybe two lines into it in my entire life? I'm all like fuck Na'Vi now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom