• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I've had pretty good luck with solo CM, the captains tend be not to bad. I usually just sit back, and may make a comment or two on what I think the enemy would pick, how our lanes are shaping up, what best to fill a hole, and stay mostly hands off for the draft. I think I see more competent drafts then bad ones.

manfestival

they accepted the legacy void set. . .
timelord_head_large.856285df02b59b5ad70957f3ea1904d184a768ca.png

Redbull
bucktooth_jerry_large.1a5d89dfda7983f224bdf15c8d77611d54b4728e.png

Nexon
dokkaebi_nexon_courier_large.54c31bd4f83bff300956dd01771f2fb6ca9824cb.png
not digging any of that... this makes me wonder if my season 2 ticket is worthless now... like seriously... this ticket just came out and now there is a season 3 ticket available?

granted the gamma bros courier > both of those easily. just feel a little shafted but I admit I dont know much as to whats going on there

Gin

after the update - my pc crashed (blue screen of death).. twice in the same game.

is anyone's pc getting errors ?
this really sucks :(

shira

not digging any of that... this makes me wonder if my season 2 ticket is worthless now... like seriously... this ticket just came out and now there is a season 3 ticket available?

granted the gamma bros courier > both of those easily. just feel a little shafted but I admit I dont know much as to whats going on there

cmon anuxi tease us when singsing courier's coming, the gaffites are restless for good courier.

zidigan

I saw a couple of posts where people we having audio bugs in games with warlock golems, but did anyone in those games have any clipping issues along with it? I felt like my entire game would hiccup or bog down whenever I was on screen with him and it's something that has never happened to me before so has anyone else had a similar issue?

Xisiqomelir

Hey what's up everyone! As part of my new year's resolution to only do PC gaming on Linux, I switched from LoL.

Steam ID same as GAF name, add me and let's play!

ElyrionX

Solo queue ranked is such sadness

Sniper who used ult first in every engagement

I try to be positive and constructive towards teammates but a Clockwerk really tested my patience yesterday. Fed first blood after trying to kill a Doom despite being only at half health. We were both level 2 and he had no battery assault. Trapped himself and Doom in cogs and died. He said, "FUCK YOU NOOB USE YOUR SKILLS". I was level 2 with reactive armor and timberchain. He then went to the safe lane and told LC from that lane to go jungle. He was 0-4 when he ragequit five minutes later.

I am proud of the fact that I did not lose my temper or hurl any abuse at him.

bounchfx

c'mon oni where you at? they pimpin your stuff, at least you can say hi ;).

As for couriers... we may or may not be seeing Snaggletooth soon. :D
fingers crossed, but I have a good feeling

also, Earth Spirit is a bitch to rig. What a dick.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'll buy an ES set.
I think I'm done with solo queue AP though, not really enjoying it anymore. Lost my NP and BH games (Like 1 real game with each now).
Looking at how the XP needed per level has changed, I really don't get why Icefrog made going from Level 11 to Level 12 take 2200 XP. I know that you get level 11 500 XP faster then in the past, but at the same you get from level 12 to 13 in only 800 XP. Why stall the players at that point for so damn long?
To let supports catch up in utility.

ElyrionX

I'll buy an ES set.
I think I'm done with solo queue AP though, not really enjoying it anymore. Lost my NP and BH games (Like 1 real game with each now).

I'm still enjoying it though it's annoying that I don't get to pick my carries or mid as much as I like.

Nymerio

What are some safe to pick heroes in all pick? I mean heroes who won't be counter picked too hard but can still have good game impact.

Also, when playing bounty hunter, at what point should I start roaming when I'm playing solo offlane? I usually start once I have track but maybe I'm supposed to start sooner? I'm always reluctant to leave the lane early though, because I don't want to give the enemy heroes complete free farm and I feel like I'm at a disadvantage if I leave lane and can't make anything happen.

ElyrionX

What are some safe to pick heroes in all pick? I mean heroes who won't be counter picked too hard but can still have good game impact.

Also, when playing bounty hunter, at what point should I start roaming when I'm playing solo offlane? I usually start once I have track but maybe I'm supposed to start sooner? I'm always reluctant to leave the lane early though, because I don't want to give the enemy heroes complete free farm and I feel like I'm at a disadvantage if I leave lane and can't make anything happen.

Support heroes are rarely countered and have massive impact at lower tiers.

zidigan

Support heroes are rarely countered and have massive impact at lower tiers.

A friend of mine mocks me to no end because I still play even though I am in the "trenches" as he calls them and I can definitely vouch for this.

Either you play a support or pick early into a non-support hero and half of the games you do there won't be any supports picked and the game will be ugly or force someone into the role of support.

I just have too much fun with dota. I'm gonna be more active here and maybe start trying to get into GAF groups here and there because of the crap that happens in pub games. Communication is huge in dota but it feels like every game I either get someone from Russia, Bolivia, Peru, or somewhere else that doesn't speak English and if they're not on my team then they're on the other team and people are complaining about the same thing.

G.ZZZ

Why wasn't earth spirit still nerfed this is ridicolous. Pros are picking it and repicking, or just picking it straight away since he's so much bullshit. Games are ruined and there's no effective counterpick to him. You can't do anything but avoid playing AP. I can't imagine how shitty this has to be for mid players, since you can't play any normal mid hero anymore.

boosh5

Banned
I think something has changed with matchmaking recently. It seems to be finding matches much more quickly than it used to, but at the expense of finding opponents made up of similarly sized parties.

Frequently, when the matches end, I'll see that the losing team (usually mine) was made up of two pairs of two and a solo player and the other team had at least 4 people partied up. I really don't care about my win/loss record, but for nearly 1000 games, I've maintained roughly a 50/50 split. Now, I've lost something like 9 of my last 11 matches. That's when I started noticing the party composition at the end. Maybe it's just a string of bad luck, but then again, matchmaking times seem to be way down for me, so at least that part has changed for sure. Anyone else noticing any weirdness?

dmshaposv

Warning: dont login on this fucking link: [LINK REMOVED]. A phishing website.

My steam account got broken into and all my rare items were stolen. Heads-up to all out there because someone is posting this shit on item trade websites. I've send my complaint to steam support hoping they can recover my stuff.

Have a bunch of valuables that have gone. FML :(

boosh5

Banned

My steam account got broken into and all my rare items were stolen. Heads-up to all out there because someone is posting this shit on item trade websites. I've send my complaint to steam support hoping they can recover my stuff.

Maybe don't make it a link if you don't want people clicking on it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Sorry for your loss but that's some Russian-ass Russian. :(

zidigan

If you don't want people to click on it why link it? That is just going to spread it even more man, a lot of people just see a link and click it not thinking.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I've just discovered how good Bane is as a ganker!

I used to play him as lane support but I thought today when I hit 6 and get fiends grip I'll go to another lane and gank. Went from top to bottom radiant and pinged for PA opponent...fiend gripped PA right under our tower and finished her off with a brain sap.

Went back top which had an axe and crystal maiden. Enfeebled Axe and slapped Nightmare on CM...OD and Skywrath made short work of Axe and we just continued this process to the point where we had amassed a 20 kill count advantage...I caught a Lycan low HP jungling and Nightmared him for a simple kill...

By the end of the game I had aghanims, BKB and I didn't know what else to build...

I've just discovered how good Bane is as a ganker!

I used to play him as lane support but I thought today when I hit 6 and get fiends grip I'll go to another lane and gank. Went from top to bottom radiant and pinged for PA opponent...fiend gripped PA right under our tower and finished her off with a brain sap.

Went back top which had an axe and crystal maiden. Enfeebled Axe and slapped Nightmare on CM...OD and Skywrath made short work of Axe and we just continued this process to the point where we had amassed a 20 kill count advantage...I caught a Lycan low HP jungling and Nightmared him for a simple kill...

By the end of the game I had aghanims, BKB and I didn't know what else to build...
Be a full on dick and build a euls.

Ok was just in a game with Nature's Prophet who ended up getting Boots of Travel. Was a good player as well. Is this is some imba strat that I don't know about or was he probably just dicking around?

fiore

Banned

How did you get persuaded to login

How did you get persuaded to login
Around the trading sites, it's usually "I'm having trouble adding you, please add me (insert phishing link)". Or, "My friend is interested in trading with you, can you add him (insert phishing link)". Anything like that should send you running, or, at the very least make you suspicious enough to actually look properly at the address. You've always got to be vigilant on the internet.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Around the trading sites, it's usually "I'm having trouble adding you, please add me (insert phishing link)". Or, "My friend is interested in trading with you, can you add him (insert phishing link)". Anything like that should send you running, or, at the very least make you suspicious enough to actually look properly at the address. You've always got to be vigilant on the internet.

I wouldn't do any actual trading business via a browser. If somebody gives you a Steam community link, get the profile and try to add it via the Steam client.

dmshaposv

Maybe don't make it a link if you don't want people clicking on it.

Its only dangerous if you log in with ur steam details, as i did.

And its kinda what someone said above. I was about to trade with someone, pressed the link and didnt pay too much attention the url they provided me and got fucked. :(

In any case I wanted to give a heads-up to you guys.

Look at my steam trade history on what this motherfucker stole from my inventory:

http://imgur.com/sG5xDZ6

motherfucker in question: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fsdfgasdgadsgdsa (avoid him on Dota trade sites)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom