• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

"I don't have enough gold, can you pick up this set of wards?"
"We still have a ward up, no."

fucking kill me

That's not as bad as solo supporting and having someone whine every 5 minutes saying "WARD!" when wards were up for the whole match and were only down when waiting for respawn/courier >.>

The guy said it when there was one on each rune and an aggressive one in their jungle..

That's not as bad as solo supporting and having someone whine every 5 minutes saying "WARD!" when wards were up for the whole match and were only down when waiting for respawn/courier >.>

The guy said it when there was one on each rune and an aggressive one in their jungle..

Solo queuing support is what I do and it drives me Fucking insane. What you just described is great, they don't have any map awareness so we get blamed.

Radec

Was about to try the Dota A-Z, then I lost Abbadon to a close game and said screw this and proceed in playing LC in the next 6.

Sibylus

Banned
So what would you make if you could make a custom game mode? The first idea that popped into my head was a kind of British Bulldog. Standard rules, but with heroes. No invis or blink skills allowed. You have to 'capture' someone for a certain period of time somehow. Not sure exactly what capture would be specifically but that would be worked on. Mobility skills would be important and stuns that can help stop them also. I imagine some point targeted skills would have to be banned as well, make it mostly skillshots.

What are your first thoughts GAF?
Lately I've been lightly design documenting this scheme for a mod that would incorporate a number of tabletop game conventions (dungeon master, rolling ones, spell selection/retention for spellcasters, scenario editor-esque construction of an overworld). Who knows what will be done in actuality, though I'm still mighty interested in giving it a shot.

Quesa

Got two quick questions for ya gaf:

What's the cutoff time for Vanguard? I got my last one at about 8mins, but I'm wondering at what point, if you have a ring/booster, you should just build another item. I know this is game/char specific, but in general, when does it stop being worth it?

Also, does TA gain exp at the melee or ranged rate?

Sibylus

Banned
So...how the fuck do you deal with Alch currently? That regen is ridiculous
In addition to what kirby mentioned, invest in team armor so that it's harder for him to burst out your supports. Vlad's and Assault Cuirass are probably the best bang for buck, and heroes like Lich shit in Alch's mouth on a spell basis.

xanavi

15DD6751A99F9D7E1F91DFD0522783D0AB32AA4D

It hit

I swear ranked brings out the absolute worst in people.

Rated 3300 mmr after 25 games in solo and literally every single game I'm still stuck listening to someone with an opinion about a build or item choice or when I'm captain, why one pick was terrible over another, even if we had no one on the team that could play a certain hero comfortably.

Sibylus

Banned
Leave it to the French to know how to throw something aged and expensive.

I'm not entirely sure of where I was going with this.

Finally got my solo rank, been some nightmarish games with search times to match (6 min searches): 3025. Played a lot of hard support with Dazzle and CM, one carry Mirana game that went rather well.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Leave it to the French to know how to throw something aged and expensive.

I'm not entirely sure of where I was going with this.

Do French people actually throw things?

BraXzy

So umm.. I don't even.. Umm.. What..

I just had a game, where I was laning with a Void as Earth Spirit.. We did horrendous, died 6 times before the ten minute mark, their Medusa got fed. We were getting stomped ish, so then I think half the team stopped caring and started doing goofy shit.. Me and the Huskar trolled each other because he was annoyed we were getting trampled..

But we won.. and at the end it was a slaughter.. I don't even know..

Mordeccai

So today for the first time in my dota career I had to go mid against a dual lane middle with viper and pudge. I was veno, and harassed them both down pretty far after four minutes, but pudge got a hook off and they destroyed me from there. It was really annoying. What do you do in that case? I asked for a support to come down from lane to gank but none of my team reacted. Trench woes.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Does GAF have a team or someone who could be my mentor? I really want to get better at this game. Throughout my gaming hobby I have never been good at these types of games and this one is very fun but I feel that I am not getting better. IF anyone could lend me a hand that would be great. :) (tips would be nice too)

shira

Does GAF have a team or someone who could be my mentor? I really want to get better at this game. Throughout my gaming hobby I have never been good at these types of games and this one is very fun but I feel that I am not getting better. IF anyone could lend me a hand that would be great. :) (tips would be nice too)
What's your MMR for reference?
or win %?

GorillaJu

Slark and Bristle will probably get knocked down a peg.

Is it just me or is Storm one of the best heroes in the current game? He's always been good but I feel like right now he's especially strong.

Sibylus

Banned
Slark and Bristle will probably get knocked down a peg.

Is it just me or is Storm one of the best heroes in the current game? He's always been good but I feel like right now he's especially strong.
Not just you. I like to think at least some of it is accounted for by the potency of slow-yet-somehow-playable CM, the buffs to Linken's Sphere, and mana regen items becoming cheaper because of the accelerated gold gains.

And the visual rework didn't hurt either, got people to pay attention to him again.

Really encountering some shitty people in ranked.

Just had a game where a Jakiro started complaining at the first possible moment. He feeds first blood bot, doesn't attempt to pull or anything to recover, comes top and does some flaccid ineffectual ganks, and then 'gives up' does stupid shit like running into the entire team to ward (after not warding at all for the first 20 or so minutes). On top of it, we had a ancient farming Tinker who got his camp warded and then came to the offlane top and took my farm and xp so I couldn't be effective. Then to top it all off, the enemy team, after taking one rax, just camps spawn.

I thought ranked would raise the level of effort, but people seem more psyched to just use the scapegoat of any early mistake to ruin the entire game for everyone.

inkls

Is eye of skadi a legit item on dp? Seems like it would be pretty strong with her ult, unless it doesn't work on her spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom