• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yo ugh, I'm running into so many Viper + Veno lanes lately. I don't even know how that's survivable. Can't really just sack the lane either, Veno'll push those towers down.

e:

So..am I dumb? or is SB WK a thing?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/465753085

Purge had a video of this right before SK was changed. Shadow Blade, attack, stun, armlet on and beat until dead. It honestly doesn't seem bad, although I wouldn't go for it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
iBlNKzF5OPYaV.gif

Any anigifs of cosplay Drow waifu? This is important.

GorillaJu

Slark is so damn good. Last two games with him I went 38/4 and 18/3, first one was a joke but second one was a random that they counter-picked me with Timber and BS and they still couldn't stop the face-pooping train. Highlight was their AM manfighting me, dropping down low, realizing he was going to lose, blinking away and still dying because Skadi + HH made sure he ate the pounce.

GorillaJu

Yo ugh, I'm running into so many Viper + Veno lanes lately. I don't even know how that's survivable. Can't really just sack the lane either, Veno'll push those towers down.

e:

Purge had a video of this right before SK was changed. Shadow Blade, attack, stun, armlet on and beat until dead. It honestly doesn't seem bad, although I wouldn't go for it.

Any hero that has enough farm to get an early shadow blade will cause trouble in pubs. It's almost never bad for pub games, it's just you aren't really going to ever find those solo ganks against an organized team.

edit: fuck sorry double post.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got the best idea for a cosmetic. An acorn ent. I can draw up some really bad art for it later.

Bounce, you are totally not busy and can just do this on a whim with a 2 word concept, right?

Edit: Behold my arts:
acornent.png

Anyone been getting weird graphic glitches and sound glitches in recent update? Medussa the other night kept having the snake spell image go across the map in front of her. Also noticed sound issues with Warlocks golum and another hero's alt (maybe dp).

Think I'm taking a few weeks or a month off. The other night was horrendous with teammates and overall enjoyment of matches. I went 1-7 and nothing was memorable. Sometimes a loss can still be enjoyable but these matches were pointless. Even the winning teams seemed bored with the chats we were having. I didn't even follow my own advice of switching into a co-op bot match to break up the absurdness.

G.ZZZ

Latest paches broke spectating for me (can't spec anymore), and many heroes have bugged animations/sound that make the game crash or be annoying with sound glitches and visual bugs. Time to stop dota for a while i guess. Already tried reinstalling and checking cache.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Yeah my game is bugged too. Can't see my cursor, can't see what I type in chat, can't use skills and click on screen draws.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe try and run the directX installer that's in the game folder, I think valve messed with them recently. There may be a fix on the dev boards too.

Razzer

Been randoming finally recently. I feel like besides a select few who I can just repick I know what everyone does and how you play them so why not. So far TA has been the hardest. I wasn't confident enough to just jump in with the meld hits as our intiation as I would get blown up too easily (they had a timber to take care of refraction charges and plenty of physical dps so bkb didn't give me total survivability). Went ok though. Killed sniper twice in lane, ganked a couple of times even though I never got a dd rune and only one haste. Come mid/late game Wraith king took over as our primary damage so I could afford to jump in and blow up one target a bit more, even if it meant my death in a few fights. I like her in theory but execution is difficult for me so I can't see me picking her unless I wanna properly practice her.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/466215937

I had a Daedalus on the courier.

Razzer

Going by Cyborgmatt's stream the custom modes is going nicely. Will be interesting to see how Valve's official one compares.

Razzer

So what would you make if you could make a custom game mode? The first idea that popped into my head was a kind of British Bulldog. Standard rules, but with heroes. No invis or blink skills allowed. You have to 'capture' someone for a certain period of time somehow. Not sure exactly what capture would be specifically but that would be worked on. Mobility skills would be important and stuns that can help stop them also. I imagine some point targeted skills would have to be banned as well, make it mostly skillshots.

What are your first thoughts GAF?

G.ZZZ

I'd do bengalese wild pig.

But honestly, i'd do an RPG or something. Considering how many "items" are there as cosmetics, you could do a pretty sick RPG campaign with items, monsters and whatsnot.

Or a sidescrolling beat-em-up a la knight-of-the-round or cadillac and dinosaurs.

Razzer

Haha forgot noone outside britain would know of British Bulldog. Sorry bout that. It's like tag but with two safe zones, like rugby or American football touchdown areas. You run from one side of the pitch to the other and one person has to catch everyone as they run from safe zone to safe zone. If you get caught you join the Bulldog's. The winner is the last person standing. There are varying levels of violence involved. Sometimes you just tag them, sometimes grab for several seconds, in others you tackle them to the ground and pin them down. All good fun. So like that in Dota.

Edit: Liking those ideas G.ZZZ, the RPG thing had occured to me, I imagine it would take ages though.

ReRixo

Banned
Haha forgot noone outside middle-class britain would know of British Bulldog. Sorry bout that. It's like tag but with two safe zones, like rugby or American football touchdown areas. You run from one side of the pitch to the other and one person has to catch everyone as they run from safe zone to safe zone. If you get caught you join the Bulldog's. The winner is the last person standing. There are varying levels of violence involved. Sometimes you just tag them, sometimes grab for several seconds, in others you tackle them to the ground and pin them down. All good fun. So like that in Dota.

Edit: Liking those ideas G.ZZZ, the RPG thing had occured to me, I imagine it would take ages though.

middle class? pretty much every primary school in my city had people playing it (until it got banned)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ikuu only won his duels thanks to my Dagon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
lol, I was eating doritos the whole game, playing with one hand sometimes, Dorkiemoe and I beat a trilane, hes so good.

In their team chat that poor Omni they sent offlane was shocked that they managed to lose safe lane tower 3v2.

manfestival

so I tend to win more than not with dragon knight for some reason. I also really do enjoy playing with him but i seem to never do good early/mid game. I know he is a carry but is there some sort of strat to maximize his effectiveness(i know maxing q early is good)? I see singsing play him like a boss but i cannot even do half of that and im not exactly a bad player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom