• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You have to random to be able to buy 5 couriers for maximum trollage. Did he forget to glyph and manner pause as farewell toodleoo?

You need to hit 1200 MMR before you start seeing the best.

If I were a high enough level to play ranked I would probably be at 1201 mmr.

Shit tier.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Perhaps Pugna isn't the best in this tier. Nether ward does nothing to the enemy 5 carry team, never could solo push the T3s, I really just don't have enough item slots.

My Google-fu is weak. I'm looking for this video of Pyrion Flax playing as Axe on Dire. He gets royally screwed over by a Rubick and tossed up on to the ward spot by Dire Tier 2 safelane and can't get down until there's a flying courier. Rubick even comes back and snipes the courier and interrupts PFlax's tp out.

I can't find the video on his channel or on reddit where I thought I first saw it.

My Google-fu is weak. I'm looking for this video of Pyrion Flax playing as Axe on Dire. He gets royally screwed over by a Rubick and tossed up on to the ward spot by Dire Tier 2 safelane and can't get down until there's a flying courier. Rubick even comes back and snipes the courier and interrupts PFlax's tp out.

I can't find the video on his channel or on reddit where I thought I first saw it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie9zWEZIzkM

Sibylus

Banned
Pick Alch, intending to support -> Left as the only carry-built hero by unanimous silence -> Thereafter blamed for every single item choice, setback and the eventual loss. Lolnoob first game Alch can't outcarry three farmed cores, shit fagot (sp) delete dota.

Sure sucks being the loner (and thus fall guy [fallchamist?]) in queue sometimes, particularly when same said asshole seems to lack the self-awareness to congratulate with the same specificity that he bitches.

"Oh, thank you for the generic thank you that doesn't even mention me by name, Bane. That sure makes all the homophobic garbage you spewed at specifically me and only me even." Stay trashy.

ink4n3

I just queued up for Europe East since I'm in the Middle East for work. I think more people spoke English than I usually get in US East.

Solo queue is often a harrowing journey, where you stand and the edge of the abyss and sometimes it not only gazes back but questions your mother's fidelity and your sexual orientation. In many different languages.

xanavi

I managed to steal 98 int while our team climbed out of a 30-minute long 20k gold deficit. It felt damn good.

0B0975DE8A81287308789315D7ACB30B48E91FEB

This is the most amazing thing I've seen in Dota

Like PFlax says, that Rubick is a legend. The toss, the courier snipe, the TP interrupt. So good, such epic trolling. They lost in the end but that Rubick was the moral victor. I can't believe that was a 5 stack and it took that long for AM to give PFlax a tp scroll.

Sometimes if I want a good laugh I go through the dev forum. Does Valve even listen to that place's feedback other than for bugfixes?

99% of the time the changes made to Dota were at one point during the previous 2 weeks, a top rated Reddit thread.

At this point, I have to believe Reddit is the unofficial hub for Dota 2 suggestions.
Just a shame any Steam Support person will instantly send you to dev.dota2.com if you mention Dota in your email, even if it's an issue with billing or something and not able to be helped at the Dev forums.

Laned against my first earth spirit as void. Never again. Never. Again.

I also had an earth spirit and ember spirit on my team in another game. They wrecked their Lane but we ended up losing thanks to NP and Pl split pushes. We almost came back though lol.

Also had one game where me and my friend wreck this solo safe Lane TA as dirge and cm but then our teammates start doing who knows what and the other pudge just starts taking over. Guess who gets blamed for the loss. Lol. I Love this community. I admit, I shouldve built better items but I thought the game was in the bag :/

Today I played with a Viper mid who of course had a big mouth.

Of course he did not gank, which is one thing, but the second think was that after boots (and no bottle) he had saved up 2500 (with barely any kills or towers) while still in the laning phase. I was wondering what the hell he was going to buy but he finally decided to buy a Bottle and Yasha.

No wonder he lost mid.

Queued for US West and actually got my best game of DOTA so far. Good coordination, friendly teammates, everyone speaks english, I got plenty of advice when I asked for it, and people actually told me to farm instead of "wtf come here cyka" as soon as one person loses a lane.

Maybe I should just queue for West from now on.

Razzer

Queued for US West and actually got my best game of DOTA so far. Good coordination, friendly teammates, everyone speaks english, I got plenty of advice when I asked for it, and people actually told me to farm instead of "wtf come here cyka" as soon as one person loses a lane.

Yeah I had a Gyro game today that started fairly well, I was freefarming, and when fights broke out I asked if my team wanted me to join in. Our timber says no just farm we can handle it. Was a pleasant surprise after so many games where you get pinged for not tping into a 5-man gank to die with the other people in that lane.

As someone who exclusively plays on US West, you just got lucky. Plenty of Brazilians, Russians, and ragers of all kinds over here too.

Yeah I had a Gyro game today that started fairly well, I was freefarming, and when fights broke out I asked if my team wanted me to join in. Our timber says no just farm we can handle it. Was a pleasant surprise after so many games where you get pinged for not tping into a 5-man gank to die with the other people in that lane.
Yeah it's one of the most confusing things about solo queue for me. It seems like a mathematical thing where if you lose a lane really badly and feed a hero or two on the other team, it means they already have a level and farm advantage. If we all bunch up it's just guaranteeing that they keep that advantage due to EXP and farm limitations of 5-man DOTA unless we have 2-3 terrific team fights in a row, but most likely we'll lose the teamfight because their team is more farmed when we fight.

Unless I'm missing something it doesn't make sense to decide to lose every lane after you lose one lane. It's like getting a bad hand in poker and being like "well we gotta all-in now"
As someone who exclusively plays on US West, you just got lucky. Plenty of Brazilians, Russians, and ragers of all kinds over here too.
That's a shame, I've had nothing but matches with Russians/Pinoys on US East for the last couple of days.

Manus

So after over 1000 games I finally ran into an intentional feeder. He went Lich and a friend of mine was playing Lina. Well Lich kept diving 5-1 team fights and wasting his ult and kept dying. We told him to stop diving and he proceeds to say Lich is only useful for his ult and keeps fussing at Lina for not abusing her ult. So after him dying solo for the 3rd time he gets pissed and for the next 25 minutes begins to start feeding. He sold all of his items and kept feeding their TA. Than would tell the other team when we were smoked and warn them on us ganking them. Ugh, we were a 4 stack and get stuck with the worst dude ever.

Kalnos

Banned
So after over 1000 games I finally ran into an intentional feeder. He went Lich and a friend of mine was playing Lina. Well Lich kept diving 5-1 team fights and wasting his ult and kept dying. We told him to stop diving and he proceeds to say Lich is only useful for his ult and keeps fussing at Lina for not abusing her ult. So after him dying solo for the 3rd time he gets pissed and for the next 25 minutes begins to start feeding. He sold all of his items and kept feeding their TA. Than would tell the other team when we were smoked and warn them on us ganking them. Ugh, we were a 4 stack and get stuck with the worst dude ever.

I had a Veno give up the other day, sell all of his items, and suicide over and over without attacking or casting abilities. People who give up are the worst.

Hayvic

Guys, I don't think he's OP at all

A7W1I7k.png

The game where I went 9-1 was them just randomly walking into towers. Silence is very hard to land. The other combo where you stun, roll, kick enemy back seems to be easier to pull off but it just rarely result in kills. I don't know what everyone is talking about :(

Hylian7

A7W1I7k.png

The game where I went 9-1 was them just randomly walking into towers. Silence is very hard to land. The other combo where you stun, roll, kick enemy back seems to be easier to pull off but it just rarely result in kills. I don't know what everyone is talking about :(

You'll have an epiphany soon and understand.

Maybe you need coaching on it?

A7W1I7k.png

"practice makes broken."

always remember that. If you were expecting to play him like a veteran in your first couple of games without any practice matches, you were mistaken. As was recommended to me: go spend some time with him with the silences and pulls in WTF mode. Watch some replays of someone who's doing it right so that you can understand where to position yourself for engagements, when to roll in and when to sit back and control everything and everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom