• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Random Argument: Storm Spirit: Max Overload first or max Electric Vortex first.

I've always known max Overload first because that's where your damage comes from, maxing Vortex gets you like no damage.

ElyrionX

Laned against my first earth spirit as void. Never again. Never. Again.

I also had an earth spirit and ember spirit on my team in another game. They wrecked their Lane but we ended up losing thanks to NP and Pl split pushes. We almost came back though lol.

Also had one game where me and my friend wreck this solo safe Lane TA as dirge and cm but then our teammates start doing who knows what and the other pudge just starts taking over. Guess who gets blamed for the loss. Lol. I Love this community. I admit, I shouldve built better items but I thought the game was in the bag :/

If you built silly items because you thought the game was in the bag when it wasn't then you definitely should take some of the blame. The game is never over until ancients are down.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Random Argument: Storm Spirit: Max Overload first or max Electric Vortex first.

I've always known max Overload first because that's where your damage comes from, maxing Vortex gets you like no damage.

You get 3 points in vortex first and max your other skills before going back for the 4th one. Three points lets you pull people into remnant and dramatically improves your ganking ability.

Hylian7

You get 3 points in vortex first and max your other skills before going back for the 4th one. Three points lets you pull people into remnant and dramatically improves your ganking ability.

But you do like no damage. Is that really enough? I've always been fine maxing Overload.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That high skill win! Easiest MMR.

Game was pretty even, could really go ether way, I think the other team had the edge

manfestival

enemy team abandons during this garbage server crashing nonsense

now i lost 24 mmr over this.... is there any way to petition to valve?

RS4-

...lol so, get dc'd, I'm idling in the lobby and now it's loading something else.

Now I get the abandon and -25 mmr. Good shit

xanavi

Keep your heads about you, we had to know that the planned maintenance wouldn't have been without its share of drama. These things rarely go smoothly.

inkls

so is Eul's followed up by heart good as a core on dp? I've seen a couple of posts saying bloodstone wasn't that good so I tried it in AP, didn't really feel tankier. Also, tips on how to avoid dying as dp?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Well I was wondering why people wouldn't max Overload first.

cuz vortex disables them for a longer amount of time per point which allows you/your team to get more right clicks off which equals more damage

also level 3 of vortex guarantees you a remnant hit which is also a crap ton of damage

overload on the other hand is only what, 15 or 20 extra damage per point? The disable and the guaranteed remnant is worth much more, level 1 overload is plenty of damage and you can always max it second if you please

Hylian7

cuz vortex disables them for a longer amount of time per point which allows you/your team to get more right clicks off which equals more damage

also level 3 of vortex guarantees you a remnant hit which is also a crap ton of damage

overload on the other hand is only what, 15 or 20 extra damage per point? The disable and the guaranteed remnant is worth much more, level 1 overload is plenty of damage and you can always max it second if you please

20 damage per point, but the point is you can use your lower-mana cost skills to proc more of them.

Nirvana

20 damage per point, but the point is you can use your lower-mana cost skills to proc more of them.

I know Blitz did a video on Storm Spirit and addressed this point. He did the maths in the VOD and proved it was more damage as well as more disable.

I've seen people go more levels of overload early on a farming Storm, but I think if you are ganking 3 levels of pull first is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjPdcfdxlI - Here's the video

Satch

Banned
why do people intentionally ruin the game for other people

why

WHY

we were playing a perfectly fine game and would have won if not for our kotl TPing us into the enemy base with him

i dont even know what he was mad about. fucking bullshit

manfestival

why do people intentionally ruin the game for other people

why

WHY

we were playing a perfectly fine game and would have won if not for our kotl TPing us into the enemy base with him

i dont even know what he was mad about. fucking bullshit

I feel like there is one of these on almost every page

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy fuck that was one of the worst games I've ever played. Was against a CK Ogre Witch Doctor trilane that was able to nuke anyone down in seconds at the slightest mistake. Not a good game for me to be playing a hero I don't know well against

GorillaJu

Max stun, one early point Greed, max acid then greed.

I go Wand -> Brown Boots -> Medallion -> Blink -> AC. And wards whenever available/needed.

Apparently, buying an early smoke for ganking is also really useful though I have not played enough of him to be confident of not screwing this up so it's not something I have tried yet.

You don't need an early point in greed. If you're playing support you'll be getting very few creep kills, you're giving up -armor, dmg and stun length for a bonus 25 or so gold.

If you're mid, max acid and skip greed until everything else is maxed. If you're roaming/lane support, max stun and again don't touch greed till everything else is leveled up.

shira

I can't find the lobby through password and I'm friends with none of these fools.

izuijmr55Kkx4.gif

ElyrionX

You don't need an early point in greed. If you're playing support you'll be getting very few creep kills, you're giving up -armor, dmg and stun length for a bonus 25 or so gold.

If you're mid, max acid and skip greed until everything else is maxed. If you're roaming/lane support, max stun and again don't touch greed till everything else is leveled up.

Does mid Alch go support or ganking build? I understand the skill build but how different is the item build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom