• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Finally some small retribution for years of StarCraft domination.

"We meant to pick Mirana not Bloodseeker" - Blitz

Sen²

purgetwitd8sg3.png

This made me laugh

shira

I thought Tobi only played Nature's Prophet?
He's known for his black hole call and he's infatuation with waifu drow.

Power Rankings Poll if you guys want to vote.

1. Overall
2. West
3. East

Takes about a minute.
On reddit

Had to put fnatic #1 on West. oh the times are a changin.

Thanks again guys, I'm guessing we got about 30-40 GAF votes out of 260.

Some cool factoids:
* DeMoN, the mercenary, has accrued almost $20k on his own since TI3. His former team, EG, has only won $12k. #hardwork #dedication
* DK with their recent wins deserve top spot
* Gosugamers and joindota have Fnatic ranked unbelievably low. Sigma > Fnatic, wtf Joindota???
* MVP Phoenix sneaks into the top 10 with their Nexon 2 win. Perhaps Zephyr will sneak into future rankings.
* Alliance will earn a guaranteed $27k this week with the potential to earn $85k if they sweep D2CL1 and Starladder8, so expect their rankings to jump.

Rankings January 12, 2014
1. dk
2. ig
3. fnatic
4. lgd
5. navi
6. vg
7. a
8. speed
9. mvpphoenix
10. sigma

Full results here

Nirvana

Thanks again guys, I'm guessing we got about 30-40 GAF votes out of 260.

Some cool factoids:
* DeMoN, the mercenary, has accrued almost $20k on his own since TI3. His former team, EG, has only won $12k. #hardwork #dedication
* DK with their recent wins deserve top spot
* Gosugamers and joindota have Fnatic ranked unbelievably low. Sigma > Fnatic, wtf Joindota???
* MVP Phoenix sneaks into the top 10 with their Nexon 2 win. Perhaps Zephyr will sneak into future rankings.
* Alliance will earn a guaranteed $27k this week with the potential to earn $85k if they sweep D2CL1 and Starladder8, so expect their rankings to jump.

Rankings January 12, 2014
1. dk
2. ig
3. fnatic
4. lgd
5. navi
6. vg
7. a
8. speed
9. mvpphoenix
10. sigma

Full results here

Wtf at these rankings. IG number 2? Pleeeease

ElyrionX

Losing only because you were 4v5 is so fucking depressing. Goddamnit.

EDIT: http://dotabuff.com/matches/468486141

I played out of my fucking mind goddamnit. If LC had listened to me and not try to win the game by himself by 1v5ing their team, we probably would have won. But their Weaver and AM just split push the shit out of us while we were 4-man. Timber was DC after 15 mins and came back at 40 mins and DC again 10 minutes later. Lost 25 MMR points for this. WTF. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Losing only because you were 4v5 is so fucking depressing. Goddamnit.

EDIT: http://dotabuff.com/matches/468486141

I played out of my fucking mind goddamnit. If LC had listened to me and not try to win the game by himself by 1v5ing their team, we probably would have won. But their Weaver and AM just split push the shit out of us while we were 4-man. Timber was DC after 15 mins and came back at 40 mins and DC again 10 minutes later. Lost 25 MMR points for this. WTF. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why does that Mirana have two Crystalis?

ElyrionX

Why does that Mirana have two Crystalis?

You tell me. God knows what she had that second Perseverance for too. Their team was shit. We should have won that game easily if we had 5-man and it would have been a tough fight but we should have won as 4-man as well if the LC had listened.

Anyway, I just had a nice comeback win. Our AM who Midas rushed and only got his Bfury at 25 mins or so managed to destroy the other team who were sieging us in base at 15 mins onwards. Of course, it helped that their best player picked Sniper.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/468635331

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Could do with being a little more bear-like, but I really like it and I love how the creators are coming up with new ways to make their items standout.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Red Panda, more related to Raccoons than Bears. I think it's still cool.

Having panda in the name doesn't make it any more a bear. It's a little ill-conceived in my opinion.

Sure, he also has a major infatuation with the ginger girls, but I thought player sets were for their signature heroes and I'm pretty sure Tobi only plays Nature's Prophet!

(Not that I blame him, I mostly play NP in AP pub games too).

Has anyone seen a 2-2-1 lane setup?

Teams do it with Lich sometimes, and I think people used to do Tiny/Wisp mid at times.

Sibylus

Banned
Kongor-rats Zephyr! Gust out of the west indeed.

all I know is I see me in the picture up front. :D
Took me way too long to find you, stupid tiny image blurring together so many pale nerds into a freakish mass. Pretty sure Tolkien has a harrowing description like this in a couple places.

Razzer

Kongor-rats Zephyr! Gust out of the west indeed.

Took me way too long to find you, stupid tiny image blurring together so many pale nerds into a freakish mass. Pretty sure Tolkien has a harrowing description like this in a couple places.

One of the best bits of TI3 for me was Dreams commenting on the fashion sense of other people there here on GAF haha. Gotta teach them style.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
People debate whether pandas are bears, and they let spirit of calm through. Not that big a departure from that.

At the VERY LEAST, regular-ass pandas are bear shaped/sized. Red pandas are like half-cat. They're kawaii or whatever Dota hatsmiths want to get quick approval, but not fit to be a badass spirit animal sidekick to Sylla IMO.

Honest to god thought this was a courier at first glance. I saw it earlier today and went "hey, that's a neat courier for this update!" And then I came on here later and in the day and learned what it really was... that's... not good.

It's a nice idea, the model and animations are good, but it just seems too much like a courier for my comfort.

Sibylus

Banned
And behold! It was a winged creature: if bird, then greater than all other birds, and it was naked, and neither quill nor feather did it bear, and its vast pinions were as webs of hide between horned fingers; and it stank. A creature of an older world maybe it was, whose kind, lingering in forgotten mountains cold beneath the Moon, outstayed their day, and in hideous eyrie bred this last untimely brood, apt to evil. And the Dark Lord took it, and nursed it with fell meats, until it grew beyond the measure of all other things that fly; and he gave it to his servant to be his steed.

dsc_0227.jpg

Fell meats identified.

Satch

Banned
if liquid doesnttake the fucking lina announcer pack from me before tomorrow then im breakinghis arms and giving it to somebody else

Hayvic

The quest continues!

Looks like Valve is forcing a 50% winrate on ES. I feel I'm getting better though. I manage to do some pretty nifty silences now and then but there are also moments where I end up looking quite silly when the stone flies into the opposite direction! I shall persevere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom