• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

Does mid Alch go support or ganking build? I understand the skill build but how different is the item build?

just the items that will benefit your team the most, sometimes that means some semi-carry items, sometimes you gotta rush meka if you dont have a natural meka carrier

Hung_real

played an inhouse game last week with Envy and his steam group

it was fun

QmrAKPk.png

oK4mmla.png

Quesa

Did you lane vs silencer? If so impressive. He's a bitch. Although if he doesn't combo you correctly it's way better.

drow insisted on mid, and for some reason silencer was theirs. Went vs undying/omni, which is an admittedly easy time, but I got two double kills in lane.

If you built silly items because you thought the game was in the bag when it wasn't then you definitely should take some of the blame. The game is never over until ancients are down.

Yeah I do take some of the blame because when things started going downhill, I regretted my decision. It is what it is but my friend asked our meepo if he was new to Dota because he wasn't really microing and then the rest of the team starts raging and calling my friend a feeder lol. Sometimes I think Dota community is worse than Hon community *shivers*

Chris R

So I think I've relegated myself to a professional support player. Just do so much better when I'm a support, and when I screw up the team can still win a fight.

When I carry shit goes wrong, probably because I'm too cautious :(

0473F96869567CB63C7858A033F00F7AF31C1150

last 3 games:

mid puck gets ganked, calls gg @ ~7 min
next game, grouped with same puck. last pick dp goes to support luna, they quarrel and call gg at minute 2 the score at the time being 0 - 0
next game, get grouped with same dp. he randoms void.

GorillaJu

Does mid Alch go support or ganking build? I understand the skill build but how different is the item build?

Item build is very situational on Alch. I personally like to go aura lord with Drums, Vlads and AC, but something involving blink, shadow blade and/or armlet are all fine too. I just find that I don't often need the extra initiation of blink - I'd rather have that extra HP, mana and move speed of drums.

In either case, Medallion should be first item since full charge concoction with acid and medallion debuff will do 75% or more of any support's HP bar, unless they happen to have a Lich who leveled frost armor early.

The only thing about blink is every time I've seen a game where Alch gets one he tends to rush it to take advantage of the early complacency people have when they're just focusing on last hitting creeps, which is effective. The problem is that his base damage and armor suck ass, so you're susceptible to deaths whenever you gank, and instead of snow balling you might jump into fights and end up feeding massive amounts of exp to the enemy carry.

ElyrionX

Item build is very situational on Alch. I personally like to go aura lord with Drums, Vlads and AC, but something involving blink, shadow blade and/or armlet are all fine too. I just find that I don't often need the extra initiation of blink - I'd rather have that extra HP, mana and move speed of drums.

In either case, Medallion should be first item since full charge concoction with acid and medallion debuff will do 75% or more of any support's HP bar, unless they happen to have a Lich who leveled frost armor early.

The only thing about blink is every time I've seen a game where Alch gets one he tends to rush it to take advantage of the early complacency people have when they're just focusing on last hitting creeps, which is effective. The problem is that his base damage and armor suck ass, so you're susceptible to deaths whenever you gank, and instead of snow balling you might jump into fights and end up feeding massive amounts of exp to the enemy carry.

Good stuff. I will try the aura build and replace dagger with drums. Where does Mek fit in?

If your team has 3 ranged heroes, would you still build Vlads?

GorillaJu

Good stuff. I will try the aura build and replace dagger with drums. Where does Mek fit in?

If your team has 3 ranged heroes, would you still build Vlads?

Mek is a good buy if your team doesn't have a more obvious Mek carrier. I've never gotten it on Alch but I can see the logic behind it. I'd probably get it right after Medallion instead of drums.

Vlads is last in my list of items and is the most situational, only get it if you have a melee carry.

I guess me and LC are never meant to be. The guides make it sound so easy, "after the first duel. Nothing but snowballin' baby" ...but I can never gain any traction with her.

Just finished a match against an LC that almost singlehandedly won the match for her team. I don't get it...

Nymerio

Everyone hates Sniper, but I actually had an enjoyable game with him for once.
What can I change on my build if I play him again?

I think Phase Boots are the far better choice for sniper. It's all about positioning and phase boots are far more effective at it than treads.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
For the next month I will only play chen and enchantress. Wish me luck.

Only started playing Enchantress like a month ago or so and now she's a top five fave. I have so much fun with her, even during losses. You can still make an impact with her (and Chen) even if your micro isn't Puppey-level (mine's graduated from garbo to ... well, kind of garbo), which I didn't realize before. So much better than your typical lane support hero eye em oh.

Also, grab a harpy stormcrafter and make the enemy mid call you slurs. It's the best!

I guess me and LC are never meant to be. The guides make it sound so easy, "after the first duel. Nothing but snowballin' baby" ...but I can never gain any traction with her.

Just finished a match against an LC that almost singlehandedly won the match for her team. I don't get it...

Did you try winning one duel and then snowballing?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Solo queue vs 4 and 5 man stacks is suffering. Maybe I should yell at my team to use all their ults and fight or something. I mean I did say 'They have 2 mid lets fight' when we had 4 and ults up, then kinda picked our noses in front of the tower. asdfhasjkdgasg

Have you played a melee STR carry before?

Sibylus

Banned
A bit late on this, but Team Liquid's 2013 Dota awards are out: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440562

Best Carry: Burning
Best Mid: Mushi
Best Offlaner: AdmiralBulldog
Best Supports: EGM and fy
Best Ganker: S4

Best Drafter: Puppey
Most Charismatic Player: Dendi
Biggest Return: ZSMJ
Breakout Player: EGM

Team of the Year: Alliance
Most Charismatic Team: Na'Vi and Speed Gaming

Most Innovative Strategy: Alliance's TP Level 1 Roshan
Biggest Comeback: Mouz vs Liquid
Biggest Play: Million Dollar Dream Coil
Biggest Anti-Play: kyxy Aegis Deny
Game OTY: TI3 Finals, Game 5
Tournament OTY: TI3
Caster OTY: Winter
Hero OTY: Visage
Item OTY: Shadow Blade

FACE

Banned
Nothing worse than an Axe player that keeps fighting on the enemies' tower range, keeps getting killed and blames you for it.

Radec

LC is pretty dependent on your teammates early on. You need them to focus the one you are dueling. 3-4 duel wins is a good start. Most of the time I use duel when the enemy is about to die. After that, the snowballing starts.

She's ridiculously good at jungling too.

Gxgear

What was All.In thinking with that trilane?! Alch was never going to get anything solo either. Can't even think of a worst set of laning choices than the ones they picked.

Nirvana

What was All.In thinking with that trilane?! Alch was never going to get anything solo either.

I originally thought they were going to trilane mid when I saw the two supports standing there at the beginning. New meta.

Is there another game after this or not?

shira

FFS storm again. . . and blyatcyka

What was All.In thinking with that trilane?! Alch was never going to get anything solo either.

iirc they are an exchange-student pub team.
Ezkeys Ezlife.

I originally thought they were going to trilane mid when I saw the two supports standing there at the beginning. New meta.

Bo3. Expect more of the same.

Gxgear

I guess there is.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that All.In thought Zephyr is saccing the offlane. But even then Doom should be there farming a quick mek and Alch goes mid. If they were expecting o-tri then Weaver should have been safe (or vice versa). Hell I even think Nyx mid with roaming Ruick teaming up with a jungle Doom to gank mid would have worked out better.

Someone rationalize this I'm so confused...

Blink on support Alch is the shit. Unstable Concotion is the single best stun in the game with low cd and moderate mana requirements. Alchemist is such an insane hero really, I can't fathom how he's still in CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom