• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 6.79 Nyx assassin for the first time and the first time I came out of stealth to combo...I totally whiffed on impale. I ended up doing ok but just amazing to think how one change really just brings him back down to earth.

SamVimes

Is there a really bad framerate on tobi's stream right now or it's on my end?

edit: it's probably on my end, whatever resolution i choose it's just super choppy if i use full screen for some reason.

manfestival

the game could use a concede button. I know dota purists disagree but its a nice feature to have

My source to back up how I feel is in that chaos dunk video.

the game could use a concede button. I know dota purists disagree but its a nice feature to have
I don't know why there isn't since the alternative is just waiting for someone to get frustrated enough to leave and then everybody does. Just add a concede vote ffs.

Let there be option for no-cc for purists then. Problem solved.

Because people start spamming it as soon as they can. Comebacks are common and awesome.

Not worth of the games where it goes on forever without a comeback and when the whole team would like it to fuckin end already.

If someone doesn't want to cc and believes in a comeback then sure, let's try it but if the whole team just wants to get a shitty game over with just let them. It's ridicilous.

DotA 2 would be so much better game with concede option for those who want it.

Radec

Toby's co-caster is out-talking him.
KuGsj.gif

This is as bad as ayesee.

inkls

Dare I ask why? I haven't played LoL personally. Why would it suck in DotA?

its not that it sucks by itself, its mostly because people overuse it, I couldn't count the amount of games lost that could have been won if not for my team surrendering. With no surrender I've found my team usually (key word here) do more efforts to turn the game around in DotA 2 compared to LoL although its also easier to turn games around in DotA 2 because of the impact of items and that you can grab 1 or 2 levels from a single kill if you're really behind.

Toby's co-caster is out-talking him.
KuGsj.gif

This is as bad as ayesee.

Well duh, no enigma for Tobi to go crazy over its black hole

its not that it sucks by itself, its mostly because people overuse it, I couldn't count the amount of games lost that could have been won if not for my team surrendering. With no surrender I've found my team usually (key word here) do more efforts to turn the game around in DotA 2 compared to LoL although its also easier to turn games around in DotA 2 because of the impact of items and that you can grab 1 or 2 levels from a single kill if you're really behind.

But in DotA 2 the effect of not having a concede is just the teammates getting lazy as fuck and wandering around in forests or AFKing in base. It's not like in the low lever matches people will give their all when the match is starting to look absolutely lost.

Why not have CC option in non ranked matchmaking? Like, damn!

I don't know the level you guys are playing in but people do give up in DotA 2 and it just becomes ridicilous without concede.

manfestival

Because people start spamming it as soon as they can. Comebacks are common and awesome.
This is true for HoN... which is basically dota 2 with ugly and lol skins. It works for HoN and will work in dota 2. Concede is hon and surrender is lol

Because people can't even try to imagine Valve taking another approach to concede than the one there is in LoL.
Just like some people thought any visible implementation of the MMR would bring hell into the game.

They were right about MMR. However, purists will be purists and arent big on progression.

inkls

But in DotA 2 the effect of not having a concede is just the teammates getting lazy as fuck and wandering around in forests or AFKing in base. It's not like in the low lever matches people will give their all when the match is starting to look absolutely lost.

They get an abandon for that, thats also why i used the word "usually", its obviously not going to be the case every game, obviously you'll get jerks in your team, but thats a thing in every Arts, Moba, etc.

They were right about MMR. However, purists will be purists and arent big on progression.

Isn't that just ignoring the arguments of "purists". I've played both LoL and DotA 2 and the lack of surrender has increased the quality of my games (personal opinion), could also be due to a lack of Teemo, but thats a different topic.

There is a concede option in DOTA right now as it is. You just have to pay a penalty for it. Personally, I'm in the middle when it comes to this issue. I don't really want a concede vote as currently defined but I would like something that discourages fountain camping.

Not worth of the games where it goes on forever without a comeback and when the whole team would like it to fuckin end already.
Valve has found the opposite from playtesting. That comebacks happens frequently and that the positive feedback and excitement from a comeback greatly outweighs that from a game that drags on too long, which doesn't actually happen very often.

ViviOggi

They let Loda farm up wayyyyy too long there. Should have pushed out the lanes and guerilla'd at least the t2s when they had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom