• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I dunno why EE didn't make them push earlier considering he should be familiar with Naga by now

manfestival

Isn't that just ignoring the arguments of "purists". I've played both LoL and DotA 2 and the lack of surrender has increased the quality of my games (personal opinion), could also be due to a lack of Teemo, but thats a different topic.

I play both lol and dota 2 currently. Lack of teemo is a very important factor here. Lack of surrender teaches people to not be so quick to give up but I think it works out just fine for the more experienced players. Look at HON, it works.

ALSO screw naga! Hate that hero

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why Naga over PL for this strat? Does radiance not work with his illusions?

Naga's illusions deal more damage and take less. In this game for example, gyro flak would just 1 shot PL illusions. Also early/midgame naga has a lot more survivability through her high MS, armor, and ulti.

PL is a sitting duck early game/midgame especially with all the dust buffs, all you do is dust him and he has absolutely nothing to escape with--ofc that never stopped the reddit horde from throwing their hands on their ears and screaming "NA NANANANANANAN PL BROKE ICEFRAUD PLZ."

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Everyone would just concede when they're losing and no one would learn how to fight from behind

eznark

Banned
Yeah. A strong majority of public games would end in less than 10, maybe even 5 minutes.

Well LoL doesn't allow you to concede until like 20 minutes. I guess Valve could tweak that to make it better by using some time+gold difference+exp. difference formula to make it better but on its face I think a concede option would probably keep me out of pub games altogether.

manfestival

Well LoL doesn't allow you to concede until like 20 minutes. I guess Valve could tweak that to make it better by using some time+gold difference+exp. difference formula to make it better but on its face I think a concede option would probably keep me out of pub games altogether.

Its designed to make sure those in the trench stay in the trench and aren't carried out as easily

tumblr_static_kappa.gif

Quesa

What the game really needs is better options to replace dickbag abandoners -- put a bot in their place or let me invite a friend or something. Won't count on the friend's record regardless of outcome, but at least gives you a chance to win.

Dec

Or 5v5 since a skilled player can micro 2 heroes at the same time

Do dc'ed players heroes not gain gold?

I've played both heroes before but even when I get kills on the disconnected players hero the gold is still at 1? Kind of useless if they dc really early as you can never get items.

Maybe this was a bug idk.

Quesa

I've played both heroes before but even when I get kills on the disconnected players hero the gold is still at 1? Kind of useless if they dc really early as you can never get items.

Pretty sure any gold they make is distributed to teammates instead. This sucks for people who can genuinely micro two heroes, especially if your carry decides to leave.

Mohasus

Their gold is distributed to the team, same applies to the gold over time.

inkls

Pretty sure any gold they make is distributed to teammates instead. This sucks for people who can genuinely micro two heroes, especially if your carry decides to leave.

can't you just switch heroes? Unless thats only possible pregame

edit: nvm, not after creep spawn

Mek Invoker, i've seen it all.

You've seen shadowblade rikki?

elyetis

You could also add to that the fact it could work like report, a limited number of time per week. Would stop -some- of those complet stomp from dragging too long, but would make it impossible to have a concede in each game, thus those -supposedly frequent- Big comeback would still happen.
That not even speaking of other aspect you could balance, like making a report on someone who started a concede vote, but lost, would hold more power, making it easier to punish someone who would start feeding/insulting if people didn't vote for it like he wanted.

Only thowing ideas, I'm not saying it would be perfect, mostly at first, but I do think with a good amount of work/balancing, just like low prio/mute report, it would improve at least a little the experience, without being as game breaking as people think it would be.
They were right about MMR.
Who was right ?

<3 Dailymotion streams. Dat 60fps.

you're kidding right? their max quality is a grainy version of 720p, their shit pauses and stutters on my 60mbps downstream, and even their sound is a bit sketch.

Yea, it's a bit smoother, but everything else about it fucking sucks.

Radec

Speed going to get 3-0 right? :D

you're kidding right? their max quality is a grainy version of 720p, their shit pauses and stutters on my 60mbps downstream, and even their sound is a bit sketch.

Yea, it's a bit smoother, but everything else about it fucking sucks.

always smooth to me and thats all that matters .lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom