• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

So the most common way I'm currently losing games (~4.5k) is my team being utterly incapable of staying on the defensive when the early game didn't go well. Falling for the most obvious baits resulting in devastating fights outside of base instead of simply defending against their siege and waiting for an opening, the carry farming three jungle camps in exchange for a rax, chasing the last support over the entire lane while necro units kill our rax... why can't these supposedly decent people be level-headed for five fucking minutes in a situation like that?

ElyrionX

So the most common way I'm currently losing games (~4.5k) is my team being utterly incapable of staying on the defensive when the early game didn't go well. Falling for the most obvious baits resulting in devastating fights outside of base instead of simply defending against their siege and waiting for an opening, the carry farming three jungle camps in exchange for a rax, chasing the last support over the entire lane while necro units kill our rax... why can't these supposedly decent people be level-headed for five fucking minutes in a situation like that?

I hate this shit. We have fucking high ground. Stop chasing people in the goddamn jungle when we don't know where the fuck they all are.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
cyka davai!

always amazes me how people insta pick captain and then proceed to be completely clueless about drafting.

They probably just want to ensure they get the hero they wanted to play. Then they proceed to screw over their team.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So is there an agreement or perhaps a guide on what the most optimal arrangements of hotkeys are? I feel like my controls aren't as good as they could be, particularly if i need to micro anything.

Granadier

So is there an agreement or perhaps a guide on what the most optimal arrangements of hotkeys are? I feel like my controls aren't as good as they could be, particularly if i need to micro anything.

I would also be interested in this.

ReRixo

Banned
valve make so much money and they still can't be bothered to get decent servers

game went down as we were taking down their ancient

so shit

KingKong

so shit

I saw some comment on reddit that was like "imagine the reaction if this was EA having server issues every other day instead of Valve"

Randdalf

so shit

It's not as if they have the money to go and build data centres of their own though, those things are hella expensive.

BraXzy

Have the servers goofed? I can't get passed this

cHphxHG.jpg

EDIT: Looks like I'm getting an abandon

Gonna skip Dota for awhile since I can't even get into a game >.>

Pratfall

I tried not playing hard support for ONE GAME and had a CM who went shadowblade first despite us being behind and a Shadow Demon who disrupted the enemy every time I started spinning into them as Jugg and contested last hits. No wards up by 10 minutes and a flying courier at 12 minutes. Also bloodstone battlefury Kunkka. Also everyone except me spoke chinese. Kill me.

I tried not playing hard support for ONE GAME and had a CM who went shadowblade first despite us being behind and a Shadow Demon who disrupted the enemy every time I started spinning into them as Jugg and contested last hits. No wards up by 10 minutes and a flying courier at 12 minutes. Also bloodstone battlefury Kunkka. Also everyone except me spoke chinese. Kill me.

Why get smoke when you can go SHADOW BLADE!?

Quesa

Solo queue is suffering

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
tCVzozm.jpg

Things were going so well for me. :(

In the last game I got blamed simultaneously for either not teamfighting or not pushing enough. Can't even get their blames together, you have to pick one or the other assholes. Warlock completely wrecks me as Meepo for some reason (likely because I'm not very good but also because nets don't work on those big things).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I saw some comment on reddit that was like "imagine the reaction if this was EA having server issues every other day instead of Valve"

Yeah Valve gets a lot of slack as a company compared to the industry as a whole; however, that's all based on their prior reputation, and honestly, if things don't change, their reputation will, and you can bet people's patience will start to wear thin. Look at the diretide fiasco, that wasn't even a reaction to just diretide, that was just pent up frustration from months of no communication and no new content with diretide ultimately being the catalyst and becoming the face of the issue.

Quesa

Not nearly as much as partying for me

I have that one friend thats always online and always playing and I dont know how to tell him no

dat 33% win ratio with him in like 20 games

You can remedy party failures by finding better people. You're tossing coins when you solo queue. Might just be salty cuz I play support and every solo queue game everyone wants to be a superstar so I'm stuck playing ward nanny.

manfestival

You can remedy party failures by finding better people. You're tossing coins when you solo queue. Might just be salty cuz I play support and every solo queue game everyone wants to be a superstar so I'm stuck playing ward nanny.

just use it as an excuse to buy some awesome couriers to show off to your temporary ebuddies how cool you are :3

also a good excuse to show off your wards! hey man, couriers have all the swag

Granadier

People just don't understand the complexity of games on this scale.

This.

There's also server maintenance going on. Sure it may not be in your queue area, but it could be causing issues inadvertently.

Sibylus

Banned
tCVzozm.jpg

Things were going so well for me. :(

In the last game I got blamed simultaneously for either not teamfighting or not pushing enough. Can't even get their blames together, you have to pick one or the other assholes. Warlock completely wrecks me as Meepo for some reason (likely because I'm not very good but also because nets don't work on those big things).
Ouch, I wouldn't pick Meepo against Warlock. Fatal Bonds is some nasty shit against him in particular.

Sibylus

Banned
Buying things shouldn't (and doesn't, in this case) confer license to piss on anyone you feel like. Don't be stupid. Play nice. The end.

He had a long history of abuse that included reports of death threats made to his actual Steam account (not on Dota). His abuse was so bad Valve warned him of possible police involvement.

So I don't have sympathy at all for him.

PSA don't feed in ranked games if you have a significant amount of money invested in hats (or at least steamrep the other 9 people for valve employee accounts)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/1v8cpb/q_steam_decides_to_freeze_my_account_with_my/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zachberg/inventory/
http://priceyourinventory.com/inventory/zach-76561198041001220-inventory

lol.

Watching that match now... so far he tp'd to lane at about 50 seconds after the game started, then gave up first blood 30 seconds later.
Update: 6 cs at 5 minutes... roaming (aimlessly) as Doom. Died again to a NS.
Update 2: aaaand goes from leaching some XP from ally NP jungling, straight to feeding mid tower intentionally/repeatedly at 6 minutes.
Update 3: Team accuses him of feeding, and he replies "Yep, you f**ing f*got"
Update 4: He claims he's going to feed now because his team already reported him. Said he does it to "f*** with rage reporters"
Update 5: DerrickG™ appears to be the admin/moderator. He commented:
"Zach your behavior is quite rude for a ranked game."
someone else chimed in "You can't fix him man"
to which DerrickG replied "I can... and will after this game"
and finished with "You won't have to worry, he won't be able to play after this"
and "Any account he owns will be spending a long time in low priority"

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Like... why though? Is this how rich people get their kicks?

Kid is obviously a sociopath. Threatened to commit suicide if Valve didn't return his stuff.

That dev forum is the worst. People defending the guy with the worst arguments I've ever seen.

manfestival

PSA don't feed in ranked games if you have a significant amount of money invested in hats (or at least steamrep the other 9 people for valve employee accounts)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/1v8cpb/q_steam_decides_to_freeze_my_account_with_my/

I get why they did what they did and I think the guy is a dbag but I think the ban is the wrong move.

Also that guys inventory is a dream...

Valve should auction off his stuff in the Market and make money with it.

Edit: Thanks a lot for getting all your cool stuff removed from the trade circulation, jackass.

Granadier

Wow. Sounds like that guy is a typical spoiled person that rages when things don't go his way.

he worked at starbucks, so I'm pretty sure he was spending all his parent's cash on hats

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom