• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

Nah, if you threaten to kill people in real life then you kinda should be taking more extreme measures.
Its an empty threat... I have had people say that to my face with real emotion and less has happened.
The guy was reported 50 times more than any other person playing Dota 2
Well was he REPORTED 50 times or punished 50 times? Cause the latter rather than the former would make more sense if he were banned. 50 reports =/ ban but 50 suspensions/punishments = ban.

I hate the tribunal in league but at least its more fair than this system. Granted you can get away with WAAAAAAAY more in dota 2 than you can in league.
That Valve hasn't already contacted local PD is more restraint than I'd have shown.
Glad you arent in charge of the system then. I am not really defending this guy for his stupidity but I think justice should be more impartial and less emotionally driven. There is no true system in place so the hand that is dealt has to be taken but I just think fairness would mean more of a suspension in place rather than a ban of all bans. People given chances to redeem themselves and etc.

Its an empty threat... I have had people say that to my face with real emotion and less has happened.

Well was he REPORTED 50 times or punished 50 times? Cause the latter rather than the former would make more sense if he were banned. 50 reports =/ ban but 50 suspensions/punishments = ban.

I hate the tribunal in league but at least its more fair than this system. Granted you can get away with WAAAAAAAY more in dota 2 than you can in league.
Glad you arent in charge of the system then. I am not really defending this guy for his stupidity but I think justice should be more impartial and less emotionally driven. There is no true system in place so the hand that is dealt has to be taken but I just think fairness would mean more of a suspension in place rather than a ban of all bans. People given chances to redeem themselves and etc.

Bullying people via Steam or software on Steam is a violation of the ToS, and in some places, may be a violation of anti-bullying laws. Violations of the ToS come with permanent locks on accounts.

Sibylus

Banned
Glad you arent in charge of the system then. I am not really defending this guy for his stupidity but I think justice should be more impartial and less emotionally driven.
And for my part I'm certainly glad you aren't. Death threats turning serious is far from a freak occurrence, certainly not uncommon enough to just laugh it off and wave your hands at it like it's kid stuff. It's great that you can just sail on by without so much as a stress headache, but don't mistake your blessed circumstances for the mean.

gogosox8

OK I have a question. What do I do if another player is getting flamed by another player? I played a game where this Storm Spirit started flaming this Abaddon. The weird part about it was that it was almost instantly after the game started (probably a minute or two into the game). He then proceeds to just flame him for the rest of the match. I told him to stop and he's not helping by flaming this guy and told the Abaddon to just mute him like others told me to do if someone started flaming me. Abaddon abandoned probably 10 minutes later (probably so he didn't have to listen to the Storm Spirit flame him anymore) and we went on to get crushed. So what exactly am I supposed to do in that situation? I told him to stop and he didn't and he basically cost us the game (if we would've had five people, I think we could have won it).

OK I have a question. What do I do if another player is getting flamed by another player? I played a game where this Storm Spirit started flaming this Abaddon. The weird part about it was that it was almost instantly after the game started (probably a minute or two into the game). He then proceeds to just flame him for the rest of the match. I told him to stop and he's not helping by flaming this guy and told the Abaddon to just mute him like others told me to do if someone started flaming me. Abaddon abandoned probably 10 minutes later (probably so he didn't have to listen to the Storm Spirit flame him anymore) and we went on to get crushed. So what exactly am I supposed to do in that situation? I told him to stop and he didn't and he basically cost us the game (if we would've had five people, I think we could have won it).

These things just happen unfortunately. I always try to diffuse the situation by telling everyone to just focus on the game, and playing on both sides if there's an argument. If it's a carry who's moaning, I just tell them to go farm, do what they want for 10 minutes. It can be a significant problem and lose you games, but I've had a fair few times where I've been on the opposite team and seen the enemy just deteriorate 20 minutes in. Happens to everyone.

shira

No you read that wrong he was reported 50x more than anyone else. So I've been reported let's say 2000 times, this guy was reported 10,000x

manfestival

Bullying people via Steam or software on Steam is a violation of the ToS, and in some places, may be a violation of anti-bullying laws. Violations of the ToS come with permanent locks on accounts.
I was just sharing thoughts. The dude is rightfully in the grave he dug up for himself.

And for my part I'm certainly glad you aren't. Death threats turning serious is far from a freak occurrence, certainly not uncommon enough to just laugh it off and wave your hands at it like it's kid stuff. It's great that you can just sail on by without so much as a stress headache, but don't mistake your blessed circumstances for the mean.
Empty threats are extremely common in online gaming and serious ones are certainly more of freak occurrences which we might hear of maybe once a year/6 months thanks to slowtaku. I guess I just take the internet less seriously than others here. Granted I do have lots of outbursts similar to singsing. I would rather get stressed out about being melee solo lane vs 2 ranged heroes denying all of my farm.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I had 4/7 items from an Anti Mage set, a hero who I've played literally one game as, but I went and spent 60 cents to get the rest of the pieces to finish it. What the hell is my problem?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My god, in the last week I have gotten like 15 spam friend requests. The last batch I don't even understand why, because the people seem to be CS:Go traders and I have no items for that game.

Sibylus

Banned
Empty threats are extremely common in online gaming and serious ones are certainly more of freak occurrences which we might hear of maybe once a year/6 months thanks to slowtaku. I guess I just take the internet less seriously than others here. Granted I do have lots of outbursts similar to singsing. I would rather get stressed out about being melee solo lane vs 2 ranged heroes denying all of my farm.
Should read, "I guess I have the luxury of incurring nobody's serious animosity or negative attention for more than ten minutes". There's no small number of people at the butt end of the long-tail hostility of the Dota community, and ultimately of any online community. Let's not make matters cheap by making your experience the rule.

M.D

http://dotabuff.com/matches/471449279

I don't thing I've raged at anyone like I did at this Veno right here.

Guy plays solo all game, NEVER EVER EVER kept a tp, he kept his tangos way into the game instead of getting a tp, would always WALK to team fights after we die and then die alone

At one point they were pushing mid and this guy just stands at the secret shop, playing with his items trying to get the Agh done

I raged at him so hard he left the game

manfestival

Should read, "I guess I have the luxury of incurring nobody's serious animosity or negative attention for more than ten minutes". There's no small number of people at the butt end of the long-tail hostility of the Dota community, and ultimately of any online community. Let's not make matters cheap by making your experience the rule.
That's certainly not the case here but i guess at this point we can agree to disagree.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sun Wukong?

What a strange hair piece on an otherwise nice set
This is the closest we will get to SSJ Lebron. I can yell everytime I ult too.

GQGsuHu.png

4e6.png

Right, so I got a good few gems unlocked... Enemy Heroes Hooked, Unseen Enemy Heroes Hooked, Meat Hook Kills and Flesh Heap Stacks... ALL for Pudge.

Problem is, I don't have a great Pudge hook... anyone willing to trade me the Whalehook or similar? Or indeed, trade my gems for a good item? Collectively they're worth about £15.

I'm also giving away Heroes Replicated and Multi-hero Earthshocks. Anybody want 'em?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think you should just sell those gem on the market place, because they are likely to crash once Valve puts anther Pudge item into a chest. Unless you really like playing pudge.

I almost want to say just sell those gem on the market place, because they are likely to crash once Valve puts anther Pudge item into a chest. Unless you really like playing pudge.

I'm kinda tempted, but then what do I buy with that money? Not interested in any games right now and I'm not buying keys to open chests - you get better return from caches, unless you get super lucky.

So you actually rush Skadi on him and not SnY first? Where does the Maelstrom fit in this build order?

So how do you deal with the mana issues early game? RoB? Does Vlads work well with him?

I don't know if I've built a Basi on Slark, if I have it's uncommon and something I no longer build. Vlads is kind of pointless on Slark because he has his passive from his ult. When you're 16 and his ult is maxed the regen is something absurd like 122hp a second. You can sometimes break line of sight for a few seconds in a teamfight, quickly regen and jump right back in. You can build it if you're going utility and want to help your teammates out I guess.

As for what I build on him to deal with his mana issues, it all depends on the game, what lane you're in, who you're laning against and what your farm is like. Sometimes a casual magic stick is enough for some burst mana regen early. Drums are also a good utility item, it helps your team with its aura and active and you get more hp, more mana regen and some movement speed. I do really like Eye of Skadi on Slark and Orb of Venom is typically one of my core early items but I don't typically rush Skadi. The farm or snowballing has got to be ridiculously good early for that to happen for me.

I wonder if a Soul Ring or Medallion of Courage would be legit early game items on Slark. I might try a Soul Ring in a bot game later tonight. A Soul Ring is only 300 more gold than a Basi, doubles your mana regen and gives you 150 burst mana versus a 0.65 to your mana regen along with +1 armor and +6 Damage. I was screwing around with Legion Commander builds and I liked using a Soul Ring on her in conjunction with Tread switching.

If there isn't a Bloodseeker on the other team, you can quickly return to fountain. Your ult also does provide a movement speed boost but generally it's not fast enough to forgo carrying/using a TP until you're like 16. Even then you should still carry a TP.

Short answer: How do I deal with Slarks mana issues? It depends.

Taborcarn

For some reason this is very amusing to me:

EQRemiP.jpg

Killer collaboration between eSports and shaving.

(And this coming from someone who is a frequent poster in the Wet Shaving community thread).

lol okay defense attorney.

Fuck that kid. Fuck feeders and toxic community members. They can all die in a fire. They are the reason people hate queue with anything less than a full party. They are the reason people stop playing MOBAs. Game is already hard enough without flamers and intentional feeders making it not only harder, but stressful and infuriating all at the same time. That's not what people sign up to experience, and that's for damn sure not what the ToS permits.

I wish him luck and hope that he'll learn some life lessons. But given his pedigree, he'll just insulate himself with people who will tell him what he wants to hear, rather than what he needs to hear. At least he won't be able to bring his sociopathic predilections to Dota2 any time soon.

shira

lol okay defense attorney.

Fuck that kid. Fuck feeders and toxic community members. They can all die in a fire. They are the reason people hate queue with anything less than a full party. They are the reason people stop playing MOBAs. Game is already hard enough without flamers and intentional feeders making it not only harder, but stressful and infuriating all at the same time. That's not what people sign up to experience, and that's for damn sure not what the ToS permits.

I wish him luck and hope that he'll learn some life lessons. But given his pedigree, he'll just insulate himself with people who will tell him what he wants to hear, rather than what he needs to hear. At least he won't be able to bring his sociopathic predilections to Dota2 any time soon.

image.php

kawaiiiiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom