• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Was that a ranked match? If it was, how the hell is that possible since you need 150 games to unlock ranked. If not... Smurf maybe?

Its likely an odd Smurf intended to screw with the rankings, someone went out of the way to play the ~150ish bot game needed to play ranked.

Dota 2 is so fascinating, it's incredible. Bad games are like the worst gaming related thing ever - they last unnecessarily long even though defeat is basically unavoidable 10 minutes into the game, your team mates are unbearable dicks, the opponents trash talk the shit out of you for sucking and getting stomped - while the good games are easily the best and most satisfying feeling I have ever experienced in gaming by a long fucking shot.

Sorry dude but you are part of the problem and are definitely part of the toxic community. Not carrying TPs is not such a huge issue and having inventory issues at the shop happens to everyone at some time, ie. shit happens. He wasn't intentionally feeding or trolling. Why the need to rage at him?

Raging at teammates is NEVER constructive and will never accomplish anything positive. Two of you are in the same team. Learn to play nice with each other and you would probably have a higher chance of winning.

EDIT: I just noticed you were SF and bought a fucking Shadowblade when there is already a Weaver in your team. Looks like the Veno is not alone in making idiotic item choices. Did your team rage at you for that?

Not carrying a TP will lose games. Carry a TP. If he told him politely to do so and join the team and he kept not doing it, I can understand his frustration. Especially on veno who should be fighting.

Generally you're right; don't rage.

Carry a TP, though.

Radec

I once got yelled "FUCK OFF" when I ask my teammate to buy a TP. He said he doesn't have slot for a TP. I told him to sell his basillus ring because its already 30mins at the game.

KuGsj.gif

ElyrionX

Not carrying a TP will lose games. Carry a TP. If he told him politely to do so and join the team and he kept not doing it, I can understand his frustration. Especially on veno who should be fighting.

Generally you're right; don't rage.

Carry a TP, though.

I agree carrying a TP is important but I don't think it's a hard and fast rule especially in the early to mid game and for supports who are gold-starved and typically have their inventories bogged down by wards and such. Good map awareness can also help make up for it.

CM is my most successful hero by far and I rarely carry a TP when playing her.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I always have a TP unless I'm semi 6 slotted or have like 4 2k items + Bottle + Wards and tell my mates to buy TPs when we push a lane next to side shop after checking their inventories if they have room/gold.

GOTTA COORDINATE

elektrixx

Banned
I'm very new to the game. I've gotten used to WASD for camera however a few friends have told me it's a bad idea in the long run. Am I limiting myself?

I think I'll be asking a lot of simple questions in the near future.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I agree carrying a TP is important but I don't think it's a hard and fast rule especially in the early to mid game and for supports who are gold-starved and typically have their inventories bogged down by wards and such. Good map awareness can also help make up for it.

No.

TPs are absolutely critical, especially on the slowest hero in the game.

I always have a TP unless I'm semi 6 slotted or have like 4 2k items + Bottle + Wards and tell my mates to buy TPs when we push a lane next to side shop after checking their inventories if they have room/gold.

GOTTA COORDINATE

TP is worth more than bottle from later mid-game and onward. If you have so many items that it's between carrying a bottle or a TP, should be TP no question.

Vaporak

Good map awareness would let you know how important having a TP scroll is.

NBtoaster

Early game TPs save lives. People often dive towers and a hero like CM reacting and freezing the diver under tower can usually result in you turning it around and getting a kill.

ElyrionX

I was tempted to quote my Dotabuff profile and my 70% win rate on CM as a response.

But instead, I will take these comments constructively and religiously carry a TP scroll the next few times I play CM and see how that works out.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I usually have a couple TPs in my inventory, just because I don't know when I'll be going back to base or near a side shop next. Feel naked without them. IDK how people are okay with not carrying at least one.

Dota 2 is so fascinating, it's incredible. Bad games are like the worst gaming related thing ever - they last unnecessarily long even though defeat is basically unavoidable 10 minutes into the game, your team mates are unbearable dicks, the opponents trash talk the shit out of you for sucking and getting stomped - while the good games are easily the best and most satisfying feeling I have ever experienced in gaming by a long fucking shot.

Haha. Alarmingly accurate.

ViviOggi

TP is the most important item in the game by a long shot. Countering the enemy's rotations by tping to the lane in question is often clutch - especially as a support in the early to mid game.

ElyrionX

Defeat is never unavoidable 10 minutes into the game.

Unless, of course, someone picks Sniper. Then the game is over before it has even begun.

ink4n3

I'm very new to the game. I've gotten used to WASD for camera however a few friends have told me it's a bad idea in the long run. Am I limiting myself?

I think I'll be asking a lot of simple questions in the near future.

Yeah, you are limiting yourself. Some people just can't get used to using the mouse to move the map but it really helps if you use your keyboard for items and spells.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Do MMR gains in ranked work like in Leagues, where if you plateau at a certain level you lose/gain less until you climb again?

Acinixys

I really love the idea of Windrunner, Rubick and Sven, but when i actually play them i feel like im only there to feed the other team. :(

watching "competitive" dota
casters going on about players "buying back" into the game
dota is literally a pay2win game where you can buy your char additional lives if you fuck up and the pros abuse this

lol

Sibylus

Banned
The community isn't shitty because of sensitivity. Players want to enjoy a game that requires communication at higher levels to improve the team's performance, and they can't communicate very well if 2/5ths of their team has to be muted because they're on the receiving end of slurs and [empty] death threats.

People that don't want to suffer through that are NOT the problem here.
Co-signed. The shitty don't need advocates.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Fnatic seemed to have the early game advantage, but they are starting to lose towers quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom