• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

And the absolute worst part about it is that, unless there's a Valve employee in the game, absolutely nothing will be done about this sort of behavior outside of him taking a couple reports for the game and MAYBE getting sent to low priority for a handful of matches.

I miss when they first implemented the low priority and just the threat of having 40 minute queues were enough to make everyone behave. Alas, no one gives a shit any more about Valves limp threats.

In other news this Na'Vi/Sigma game is hilarious: Sigma is crushing and the crowd are deadly silent.

Pratfall

The team is 23-5 with a snowball lineup. I don't think you can take this game and call him broken. Remember how good a start he got.

Totally fair, but I do think he is a huge part of why they snowballed. He can sprint anywhere on the map and always have a get out of jail free card. This isn't even taking into account that he can lane anywhere and build anything because his spells are so good. I dunno, maybe I am overreacting, I am pretty bad at dota.

KingKong

The only Slark change from 6.77 to 6.79 was reducing shadow dance to 4 sec from 5.5, cooldown from 25 to 65 and making him no longer revealed by true sight which seems like a sidegrade than any kind of big buff to me

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The only Slark change from 6.77 to 6.79 was reducing shadow dance to 4 sec from 5.5, cooldown from 25 to 65 and making him no longer revealed by true sight which seems like a sidegrade than any kind of big buff to me
It's a buff imo. You can't so shit he just dives you and regens HP unless you have AoE nuke/stun to all blown on him.

Fourth game out of 8 this morning that has been absolutely ruined by South Americans. It's not being racist, it's the truth. Not region locking this game is just.... terrible. There's not a single good argument against it. I've had decent games with them, but most of the time it's terrible. Why do they insist on playing on the US servers?

G.ZZZ

Fourth game out of 8 this morning that has been absolutely ruined by South Americans. It's not being racist, it's the truth. Not region locking this game is just.... terrible. There's not argument against it. I've had decent games with them, but most of the time it's terrible. Why do they insist on playing on the US servers?

Seriously, it's the only thing that prevent me from hitting that 6k MMR rating, damn them.

KingKong

It's a buff imo. You can't so shit he just dives you and regens HP unless you have AoE nuke/stun to all blown on him.

it only regens 12% of his health at 6 though. I mean I agree it's a buff (that aso changes the way people use his ult) but considering no one played him before (in pro games at least) I don't think it makes him too strong or in need of a nerf

Razzer

I think it changed how he is played slightly. The old ult made him a full on ganker. It wouldn't do much in big fights as a good team would have sentries down or a gem. However the low cooldown meant you could gank one lane and by the time you got to another it was up again, not to mention 6 second duration speed buff made it better for chasing. Now I feel he is stronger in fights as he can dps and control people in the chaos without anything stopping him for the crucial moments, and he can solo kill in his lane better as he can tower dive so easily. But the long cooldown and lower duration means you have to be more scrupulous when you use it or spend more time farming. Of course you can pick up a shadowblade like Fata did to mitigate that.

Seriously, it's the only thing that prevent me from hitting that 6k MMR rating, damn them.

The language barrier is bad, but the skill level and overall lack of basic strategy is killing me. They are hyper aggressive and feed like no tomorrow. It's not just a small sample size either, it happens almost every game I'm involved with them.

ksan

I think that's the most hilarious complaint from people. Getting shit games with people not communicating etc has practically zero relevance to your mmr progression, but sure, it's annoying as hell still.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Visage/Veno need to get nerfed so badly just so they're not autopick/bans in competitive. So tired of seeing them.

I think that's the most hilarious complaint from people. Getting shit games with people not communicating etc has practically zero relevance to your mmr progression, but sure, it's annoying as hell still.

I think you're being a bit harsh there.

Who else can you blame when you're not getting what you want... but foreigners!

ViviOggi

The language barrier is bad, but the skill level and overall lack of basic strategy is killing me. They are hyper aggressive and feed like no tomorrow. It's not just a small sample size either, it happens almost every game I'm involved with them.

I wonder how these buggers keep cheating themselves into your MMR range

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Best way to play Dota, just keep fighting people over and over until you win. As for no argument against it, we just had that discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom