• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Fourth game out of 8 this morning that has been absolutely ruined by South Americans. It's not being racist, it's the truth. Not region locking this game is just.... terrible. There's not a single good argument against it. I've had decent games with them, but most of the time it's terrible. Why do they insist on playing on the US servers?

If you're not being racist then why not just say bad players?

Artanisix

Fourth game out of 8 this morning that has been absolutely ruined by South Americans. It's not being racist, it's the truth. Not region locking this game is just.... terrible. There's not a single good argument against it. I've had decent games with them, but most of the time it's terrible. Why do they insist on playing on the US servers?

That's being racist

If you're not being racist then why not just say bad players?

Because 75% of the time, these bad players are south american.

You can't argue against that either, any dota player with 500+ games will agree.
The game desperately needs them to stay in their region. I've never played another online game with this problem. Is it because it's free?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You can't argue against that either, any dota player with 500+ games will agree.
The game desperately needs them to stay in their region. I've never played another online game with this problem. Is it because it's free?

This is filled with cancer.
Valve matches you with players of your similar skill level so....

Xboct gonna xboct.....

Yeah, what in the hell was that? Could he not get through the trees or not see Pugna? That death made no sense.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If you have to say you aren't being racist, then you're probably being racist. You also forget all the times you have games ruined by people that don't speak at all, or speak English.

Artanisix

I have almost 2000 games played in dota 2.

I disagree. I've had more troubles with english speakers.

If you have to say you aren't being racist, then you're probably being racist. You also forget all the times you have games ruined by people that don't speak at all, or speak English.

I can't remember that far back, because most of my games on USEast are populated by South Americans. Played 3 more since last comment, entire team south american each time. Why is there such a South American defense force on GAF?

inkls

Or maybe you just remember the foreign bad players because they speak a different language? Lets not pretend NA doesn't have crappy players, its just easier to remember those who have a distinct trait like that

Or maybe you just remember the foreign bad players because they speak a different language? Lets not pretend NA doesn't have crappy players, its just easier to remember those who have a distinct trait like that

Oh, I agree. The problem is MOST of my games are now populated with south americans. I'm not getting any english speakers in the morning when I'm free to play. How can you guys be okay with their being regional servers but then having a problem like this crop up in a competitive game? It blows my mind how GAF thinks about these things. I just had 2 south americans that spoke english yet bitched about the ping to the server all game. One a pudge who missed every hook because his ping was 300. I wonder why his ping was 300? Maybe being 2000 miles from the server?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oh, I agree. The problem is MOST of my games are now populated with south americans. I'm not getting any english speakers in the morning when I'm free to play. How can you guys be okay with their being regional servers but then having a problem like this crop up in a competitive game? It blows my mind how GAF thinks about these things. I just had 2 south americans that spoke english yet bitched about the ping to the server all game. One a pudge who missed every hook because his ping was 300. I wonder why his ping was 300? Maybe being 2000 miles from the server?

"Oh I agree, but you all are completely wrong."
Dude...just stop.

F!ReW!Re

I can't remember that far back, because most of my games on USEast are populated by South Americans. Played 3 more since last comment, entire team south american each time. Why is there such a South American defense force on GAF?

I'm from Europe and I almost EXCLUSIVELY play on USE mostly teamed up with people on here.
I think I can honestly say that I almost never have problems regarding language on USeast.

I play about 3-5 matches each evening and I barely have any problems with non-english speakers.
I would advice just getting some people to play with (Neogaf/giantbomb channel) and stack up.

You should try out EUwest. That's a cesspool.

Skab

I'm from Europe and I almost EXCLUSIVELY play on USE mostly teamed up with people on here.
I think I can honestly say that I almost never have problems regarding language on USeast.

I play about 3-5 matches each evening and I barely have any problems with non-english speakers.

I would either advice getting some people to play with (Neogaf/giantbomb channel) and stack up.

You should try out EUwest. That's a cesspool.

Time difference works in your favor though.

Also this all isn't really a new issue. There was a reason people who hosted with List Checker on Bnet in WC3 would kick anyone from BR.

Well, I am South American.

I don't know the reason, it varies, but the reason I play in US East is because the I get the same ping regarless of the region and the South America servers are in Brazil ( not 100%, but I'm almost sure). Those servers are full of people who speak Portuguese.

I play on EU East/West with around 3.8k rating and most players that I remember being assholes are English speaking. Also I rarely meet players who refuse to talk English nowadays. I do play with a lot of Russians but the number that actually knows English has gone up a lot in the last 6 months or so. I think it has to do with the language preference options. Region locking would be shitty.

ViviOggi

FATA
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

I think it's really nice of Puppey in trying to get Na'Vi to lose as quickly as possible so he can do some incredible interviews.

Glad he got embarrassed.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So is Dagon Nyx completely gone from competitive? It's still popular in pubs as far as I've seen

F!ReW!Re

We getting more Starladder games tonight or is it gonna be spread across the weekend?

Else I'm starting up an USE fail train in 10 min.

Razzer

I think at the top tier the difference between players is very small. Not completely interchangeable but Individual skill takes less precedence than a good draft and a smart game plan. You can tell Sigma were thinking about this better than Navi.

manfestival

I dont know man.. I was in a game with a korean brazillian chinese and peruvian and we still won (im puerto rican). there was a TON of pinging and no chatting

Quesa

well guys it looks like the Navi train is over let's all speculate on who they'll kick out of the team because of this loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom