• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of bad players on USEast, recently I've noticed that my wins hinge more on the other team playing bad than me playing particularly well. There's going to be someone on my team that loses lanes/feeds while spamming "noob" or Russian in team chat, but I also realize that he has his counterpart on the other team as well. Making sure I have good farm and exploiting obvious weaknesses on the other team (drow that doesn't kite, a carry that doesn't farm, sniper, etc) helps a ton more than trying to figure out why my Russian off-lane is feeding so hard.

I guess I understand now that no matter how bad my team is, statistically speaking, the other team is just as bad.

Artanisix

Decided to go through and parse my Naga replay to refresh what yellow/oj bitched about in all chat. Results were pretty good.

Buttrider, sky_daddy, and Cyronious were on my team, Lorelei was enemy team. Here are some choice quotes:

56:46 (42:05) Buttrider - Noblewingz: this naga is retarded
56:48 (42:08) Cyronious: Except this one doesn't fight with us.
56:50 (42:10) Buttrider - Noblewingz: *NAGA PLEASE ULT US INTO ROSH*
56:53 (42:12) Buttrider - Noblewingz: Instead he farms mid
57:00 (42:20) sky_daddy: only uses ult to save himself
57:04 (42:23) Buttrider - Noblewingz: he hasnt used one ulti to start a fight
57:07 (42:27) Buttrider - Noblewingz: we keep asking
57:10 (42:29) Buttrider - Noblewingz: doesnt happen
57:16 (42:36) Buttrider - Noblewingz: like he hasnt allowed me to combo with him
57:18 (42:37) Buttrider - Noblewingz: ONCE.
57:24 (42:44) Buttrider - Noblewingz: Fucking stupid
58:29 (43:49) Buttrider - Noblewingz: Naga is 6 stacked now, im sure she will fight
58:32 (43:52) sky_daddy: REPORT NAGA PLS

62:44 (48:04) sky_daddy: NAGA IS GOOD AT THIS GAME
62:44 (48:05) Buttrider - Noblewingz: NAGA
62:46 (48:07) Buttrider - Noblewingz: WHAT THE FUCK
62:52 (48:13) sky_daddy: LOL
62:54 (48:15) Buttrider - Noblewingz: I DONT UNDERSTAND
62:57 (48:18) Lorelei: naga is the only reason ur in this
63:02 (48:23) Zeth: ...
63:05 (48:25) Zeth: brown is dumb
63:06 (48:27) Zeth: ignore him
63:09 (48:29) sky_daddy: NAGA IS THE ONLY REASON THIS GAME WASNT OVER 20 MINUTES AGO
63:09 (48:29) Buttrider - Noblewingz: no! if we had ANY other carry.
63:17 (48:38) sky_daddy: FOR YOU
63:18 (48:39) Buttrider - Noblewingz: naga has literally refused to fight with us
63:19 (48:40) sky_daddy: NOT FOR US

76:59 (62:19) sky_daddy: eat shit u nerds
77:00 (62:20) Buttrider - Noblewingz: jesus christ
77:00 (62:20) Lorelei: U CAN THANK NAGA FOR THE WIN
77:01 (62:21) ellen pudge: my team is literaly aids
77:04 (62:24) zef: naga did win it yo
77:05 (62:24) ellen pudge: please report yellow and oj
77:09 (62:28) sky_daddy: naga
77:10 (62:29) Buttrider - Noblewingz: naga you fucking didnt fight
77:11 (62:30) sky_daddy: ur trash
77:11 (62:31) Lorelei: WP NAGA
77:12 (62:31) Buttrider - Noblewingz: for 30 minutes
77:13 (62:33) ellen pudge: ty
77:14 (62:34) ellen pudge: gg
77:15 (62:35) Lorelei: FUCKING ANNOOYING PIECE OF SHIT

Artanisix

I wish I could parse the ally chat, I'm sure a lot of good stuff was said in there too. I'll have to look at the VOD I recorded while playing later.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Decided to go through and parse my Naga replay to refresh what yellow/oj bitched about in all chat. Results were pretty good.

Buttrider, sky_daddy, and Cyronious were on my team, Lorelei was enemy team. Here are some choice quotes:

must have been russians or brazillians just look at that flame--if u got some young, nice, upstanding white americans on ur team game woulda been a tea party

Hylian7

My two cents on the region lock: Region Lock definitely isn't the way to go. I queue for both US servers and sometimes get English speaking players that are from another country. A few times I have gotten matched with Chinese players who spoke enough English to where I could understand them and vice versa. If I can understand them and they can understand me, then I have no issue getting matched with them. A region lock would fracture the potential player base I could get matched with.

Instead, I think things like the language selector and chat wheel are the way to go. These features are continually improved by Valve and actually have served me well plenty of times before.

Being matched with players that don't speak your language can be frustrating, but like Milkman said above, I have had plenty of problems with English speaking players as well. Take the example I talked about the other day where I was Earth Spirit with a Shadow Shaman mid going on a Mirana. I initiated with the rock > pull > roll > kick back toward SS. He chickened her, Ether Shock and we right clicked her and now she was down to roughly a quarter of health. Now I didn't want to blow my ulti on a 1/4 health solo Mirana when I had help. He had points in Shackles and plenty of mana. The chicken ends then... nothing. She leaps away and ults. I ask him "wtf?!" And he says some bullshit about the fact that he didn't have mana boots yet, despite having plenty of mana. This was in plain English...

It brings the player base together to play together across the world. Finding another way is MUCH better than the de facto region lock solution. Valve is clearly trying to come up with an ideal solution for it, which is much better than a region lock. Take SC2 and LoL, who both have region locks, they prevent US and EU players from playing together, which is quite frustrating.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/472703803

So I had this bounty game today. I'd like to learn the hero more and I was wondering if anyone could look through and give tips if it isn't to much trouble. I know about a few things like the double tap with shadow walk, and my death in lane was because I didn't check to see if mirana or clinkz were holding sentries after the first check when I got to lane. Our pudge got 4 man ganked for first blood at the horn and got behind from there (he also missed a few hooks but I think they were hard tbf). Morphling was mid against him and just got super fat as it was almost free farm. But back to me, what should I be doing in the mid game beyond what I did. I tracked and tried to get kills but I just felt like I couldn't secure us enough of an advantage. I dunno just general points would be nice.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Only thing about Spanish speaking players is when they tell you to back and they sound like chickens "bok bok bok bok bok." Like I start laughing and lose my focus.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my FUCKING GOD I decided to try some Solo Queue Ranked to get my MMR only to quickly be reminded why you should never solo queue

"hey guys, we have better teamfight then them and we're whooping their asses and have the advantage. So lets spend fifteen minutes marching into them one by one and always bunching up for their Warlock until they win"

Strider

Overall 10-10 and we're doing fine but 2 of my teammates decided to leave bc they lost their lane and their buddies so they have to leave together. What was a great start for me ended up a poor game bc of 5 v 3 fights. Damn I'm having the worst day when it comes to teammates :(

KevinRo

Anyone else getting an influx of scammers adding them recently? It's getting crazy. I've had about 10 adds today with the same pre-loaded message. I'm starting to think this a virus infecting peoples pc's instead of 14 yo Russians trying to social engineer people. I've looked at their profile and steamreps and they're all clean. wtf?

Hylian7

Anyone else getting an influx of scammers adding them recently? It's getting crazy. I've had about 10 adds today with the same pre-loaded message. I'm starting to think this a virus infecting peoples pc's instead of 14 yo Russians trying to social engineer people. I've looked at their profile and steamreps and they're all clean. wtf?
Do you have anything hot in your inventory? I get these and gave my Dragon claw Hook, which I get all kinds of hilarity over that thing.

Spookie

On my first game tonight I got a Russian who spoke reasonable English and is possibly the most sincere bloke I've ever met, attempting to corral the team to a win. God bless him.

Kard8p3

must have been russians or brazillians just look at that flame--if u got some young, nice, upstanding white americans on ur team game woulda been a tea party

LMAOOOO.

But seriously, fuck Noblewingz. He is a friend of an acquaintance of mine and he's always seemed like a cocky mofo who knows everything. Him raging is the best thing I've seen in a while.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My WR almost dropped below 75% and my KDA almost dropped below 5. 80% is hard.
Also Hylian has twice as many ES games as me.

I won two party ranked games so that was nice, but played MGR and Mark of the Ninja instead of yoloq.
aAOtz34.png

Razzer

Why get Deso + Skadi?

Theyre both unique modifiers and so they dont stack

Fuck. Why the hell did I not remember that. I usually am quite good about that. Must have slipped my mind at the time haha. Sad particularly as I almost got butterfly instead to deal with right-click ffrom LC etc.

Went 5 for 19 as Pudge today.

P95f5TI.png

New record amount of deaths in a game. I really, really fucking sucked.
Think I know why though - not so much the hooks, but his movespeed and abilities. I almost always play agi or int heroes, and thrive on spry, fast heroes. He just doesn't fit my playstyle.

Ah well, at least now I know. Now, about all those gems I have...

G.ZZZ

I'll enjoy that trip to 5k after Earth get nerfed to shit. And i'll enjoy the rage of the people falling from there to subhuman 4k ratings.

Acinixys

doesnt stack with her arrows

I think it would be ok for a late game item

All her arrows do is slow and if you fighting past 30 mins i doubt you'd care about that

Level 4 arrows give a 60% slow
Skadi is 35%

So you lose 25% MS slow and gain 725HP, 575 mana, 25 damage, 25 attack speed, 1 mana regen/second, .75 HP regen/second, and 3.5 armor

Id say thats worth it if you already have bfly/manta/crit/life steal

Anyone have general build/playstyle tips for faceless? I'm generally good with carries now, but every single time I play him it's a shitshow and I don't know how to fix it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my FUCKING GOD I decided to try some Solo Queue Ranked to get my MMR only to quickly be reminded why you should never solo queue

"hey guys, we have better teamfight then them and we're whooping their asses and have the advantage. So lets spend fifteen minutes marching into them one by one and always bunching up for their Warlock until they win"

I always solo queue because i have zero friends who want to party with me so most of the time my solo play ends up in tears, there's some really bad players out there who can't understand the basic concepts or take advice. If only there was a place where i could met other people who like dota 2 and want to play together.....

PS: I ended up buying the asus rog ticket tourney, it came with a spirit breaker set so i don't feel as dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom