• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Played with a sniper who was our only carry that went for a damage return build for some reason

ViviOggi

I think it would be ok for a late game item

All her arrows do is slow and if you fighting past 30 mins i doubt you'd care about that

Level 4 arrows give a 60% slow
Skadi is 35%

So you lose 25% MS slow and gain 725HP, 575 mana, 25 damage, 25 attack speed, 1 mana regen/second, .75 HP regen/second, and 3.5 armor

Id say thats worth it if you already have bfly/manta/crit/life steal

Those stats are either absolutely worthless in this scenario (mana, mana regen), negligible (.75 HP regen, 3.5 armor), or subpar compared to other high-end items (25 dmg and aspd). 725 HP are nice but if you wanna tank up lategame just get a Heart. In any case higher dps is almost always much more desirable than more raw HP when you've already got evasion, shit tons of armor and HP/lifesteal from Satanic.

Anyone have general build/playstyle tips for faceless? I'm generally good with carries now, but every single time I play him it's a shitshow and I don't know how to fix it.
Battlefury is not a necessity on him, despite the fact he has a cosmetic for it. Midas > Crit is actually not a bad build but you will need to pick up BKB on him at some point.

Just try to stay cautious early game since your early game is god-awful and you should be fine.

Karakand

On my first game tonight I got a Russian who spoke reasonable English and is possibly the most sincere bloke I've ever met, attempting to corral the team to a win. God bless him.

I wonder if there are Russian language posts similar to this somewhere on the internet. "Played with some Amerikanskiis, they didn't ping the map all the time and didn't call me a cyka or a noob or make fun of my accent."

I feel like this quote is directly right at Hylian. 4k rating and all I've seen him play lately is earth spirit.

xxm3.png

already top 7 most played on an account with 3,000 matches?
pegm.png

fuck da haytas, Hylian. Get your free MMR, homey! :3

G.ZZZ

True or false, if you put 124.7mb on a flash drive it gets heavier

Information actually has mass you know? Though i think it's unmeasurable anyway.

EDIT: actually it seems modern theories still aren't sure of it, plus you have to consider that gravity still has many problems, like the high uncertainty of the G constant, or, in other word, the fact that gravity doesn't actually work like we think it do.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Bzz is a Rox.Kis player.

That Nyx set is ghastly, by the way. Even worse than that rainbow sherbet set he got awhile back. Jesus Christ lol.

Anyone have general build/playstyle tips for faceless? I'm generally good with carries now, but every single time I play him it's a shitshow and I don't know how to fix it.

Other than the obvious, I will say that you shouldn't be afraid to use your ulti in a defensive manner if it's needed.

Your aim is to get to a point when you can fist someone in the tent, stay alive basically!

KingKong

Tbh I can only think of a handful of items and sets that look as good or better than the default models (so why am I spending money on them? Good question)

Information actually has mass you know? Though i think it's unmeasurable anyway.

EDIT: actually it seems modern theories still aren't sure of it, plus you have to consider that gravity still has many problems, like the high uncertainty of the G constant, or, in other word, the fact that gravity doesn't actually work like we think it do.

come join our conversation on steam about it

its been like 10 minutes of electrons and ink discussions

i dont think an uncertainty in big g really matters as its just asking if its heavier not by how much, as long as its anything positive it will give us the same answer

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
From far away it looks kinda cool and then you click the link and it makes you go:

Hanboks are nice looking dresses imo. I don't know what happened here though. It's just so ... off.

Will just wait for the superior Ember Crane set.

they're all terrible.

I mean, I don't disagree. I can still see Pugna and Tusk in their sets though.

This shit ain't even Nyx anymore.

Do not Chronosphere your teammates. Last game I played with a Void we played 4 protect 1, we were winning 4 on 5 until Void came out of the jungle and proceeded to fuck up every teamifight with his ult. My favourite was being trapped in a Chronosphere with a Pudge who had Rot on. I slowly died and FV accomplished nothing.

Just try to coordinate your ult with your team. Un-Chrono'd ranged supports are far more helpful than trapped ones.

First game in a while, played lone druid to break my hiatus. Really a beautifully designed hero, I think citing lone druid alone highlights what makes dota 2 so different from other dota -type games. The white spirit bear set looks so great on him too. I'm a little sad to see him fall out of competitive play, then again he had been competitive for like 3 years. I'm sure we'll see him again soon.

GorillaJu

Does blade mail send back only base damage from something or does it send back damage that's been enhanced through a debuff?

Like I'm wondering if you got an e-blade and blade mail, then e-blade someone whose nuking you, would they take 900 dmg from a 400 dmg spell?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just had a game where Drow sat in lane for 20 mins farming while buying no items, then spent all gold on couriers and fed them to the enemy.

Top notch.

The dazzle set is the worst of the bunch. The fur on the back piece looks like frosting.

This set has been planned to ship a month before TI3. It's been in the files for ages and the contributor wasn't shy to mention it would be shipped eventually.

Also it would appear it's no longer possible to buy individual pieces of any set.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Those sets are pretty awful, except for the Tusk one.

Calls Nyx set the "Shadow Hunter"

Puts bright yellow lights on it

Razzer

Those sets are pretty awful, except for the Tusk one.

Calls Nyx set the "Shadow Hunter"

Puts bright yellow lights on it

Some heroes seem to just attract bad sets. Nyx ix one of these. Unlike Luna who has fucking amazing sets, particularly her hair.

This set has been planned to ship a month before TI3. It's been in the files for ages and the contributor wasn't shy to mention it would be shipped eventually.

Also it would appear it's no longer possible to buy individual pieces of any set.
Explains the sharp drop in the average prices of sets.

I wonder what prompted the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom