• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

The dazzle set is the worst of the bunch. The fur on the back piece looks like frosting.

I actually think that's the best set of the bunch. The guy that made this has had a thread on polycount for awhile (way before Dazzle's model remake) and I thought it was already in the game. Valve's shop previews never do any of the cosmetics justice imo. They're all noticeably lower quality for some reason and I have no idea why, it makes everything on the store look ugly and bad when I've seen from polycount that that's usually not the case. I didn't even realize it was the same set until I looked at it more closely.

bounchfx

not digging latest hats. Lina I think is nice and Tusk is really solid. The rest... nothing too exciting to me.

and I agree, the dazzle set is not looking it's best on there. I can't believe it was from last years contest! I'm really glad it finally got in.

shira

not digging latest hats. Lina I think is nice and Tusk is really solid. The rest... nothing too exciting to me.

I was hyped for the Lina hat only. The baggy dress is not hanbok-like at all

I assume its people not buying individual items or sets in the store

The prices for individual items was not very kind.

I actually think that's the best set of the bunch. The guy that made this has had a thread on polycount for awhile (way before Dazzle's model remake) and I thought it was already in the game. Valve's shop previews never do any of the cosmetics justice imo. They're all noticeably lower quality for some reason and I have no idea why, it makes everything on the store look ugly and bad when I've seen from polycount that that's usually not the case. I didn't even realize it was the same set until I looked at it more closely.

The hair/icing doesn't seem attached to the head properly.

Also at this point if anyone actually wants the individual set pieces they're going to get it from the Market for like a tenth of what the Dota 2 Store price was.

How odd to ship old Korean sets right before a huge Chinese themed update. Kind of seems like a confusing mix of themes, like this update would appear to be a taste of the Chinese update, but they're not, both those sets were submitted for the Nexon contest.

How odd to ship old Korean sets right before a huge Chinese themed update. Kind of seems like a confusing mix of themes, like this update would appear to be a taste of the Chinese update, but they're not, both those sets were submitted for the Nexon contest.

I don't think this was on any sort of schedule as opposed to 'Oh, we might as well prep some of these sets we accepted and put them on the store.'

Pratfall

Support Alch is so so nuts right now. Just played my first game as him and pretty much felt invincible after hitting 6 and building a mek.

Pratfall

he's so awesome with drums too because eventually your attack speed will reach godly levels

Just played him back to back, once as support, once as carry. First time playing a really hard carry and building a midas (I pretty much always play support or Jugg, so I never build midas). God it is so much fun to pop BKB and just wade in destroying everyone. I could get used to this. I know this isn't an original observation but this hero is going to get nerf'd so hard.

ElyrionX

For some reason, there's been quite a few abandonments in my ranked games lately. And after some nice solo ranked games in the early days of RMM, the quality of people I've been playing with seems to have gone down quite a bit from those days. I'm not referring to skill but more of their overall attitude to their teammates.

Oh dear

73.jpg

xawU1S7TLAY.jpg

The card was actually printed after the Dagger was submitted. So who plagiarized who!?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
DotaGaf my friends list is lacking. I'm real bad but trying to learn. Anyone interested in running through some fun lane combos, even if its with bots? I wouldn't mind switching back and forth between support and carry.

My Steam handle is whiskeystrike (I have a Solid Snake avatar). Also, if someone could invite me to the Steam Gaf group that would be pretty sweet as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, haven't seen this brought up, the Nyx set has 4 styles, changing the secondary color. There is Yellow, Red, Blue, and Purple. Here are the different colored spines for example:

shadow_spine.png

shadow_spine_blue.png

shadow_spine_purple.png

shadow_spine_red.png

Surprised this isn't mentioned at all on the store page.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh dear

73.jpg

xawU1S7TLAY.jpg

The card was actually printed after the Dagger was submitted. So who plagiarized who!?

Looking at the workshop page, I just realize that Valve didn't release the coolest looking item from the Witch Hunter set, the eyepatch. Damn it Valve!

268x268.resizedimage

Instead we got the crummy mask:
268x268.resizedimage

Oh hey, some neon pink paint has dripped off of TF2 into Dota 2.

Its purple Ned, Purple.

Also, looking at the Item Schema, I think valve nipped what could have been a major economy exploit ahead of time/early on. They not to long ago made it so you could click on something and be brought right to the checkout for the item (Like the Wraith King Favor or "buy this key" in chests, one click and you were brought right to a prompt to authorize the transaction). Some speculation said you could easily edit which item was tied to a button, and make it allow you to buy anything that had a price, a notable item would have been the Alpine Ursa set. Now every item that has been removed from the store has had its price set to zero and an extra flag saying its not being sold anymore tossed on.

Oh, and the Iceforged set has been added to the Schma.

Vaporak

DotaGaf my friends list is lacking. I'm real bad but trying to learn. Anyone interested in running through some fun lane combos, even if its with bots? I wouldn't mind switching back and forth between support and carry.

My Steam handle is whiskeystrike (I have a Solid Snake avatar). Also, if someone could invite me to the Steam Gaf group that would be pretty sweet as well.

You an join the public neogaf chatroom anytime, and if one of the guild leaders is online they can invite you to the Neogaf guild.

Just friended you. I'm done for the night, but we can game sometime soon. I'm still in cardboard tier matches and learning stuff too

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
17 mins in, Bloodseeker is rushing Radiance, team is all carries, no courier.

I must have dropped to shit tier for AP.

Support Alch is so so nuts right now. Just played my first game as him and pretty much felt invincible after hitting 6 and building a mek.

How do you build support Alch?

Pratfall

I'm no pro and I fed a bit at the beginning, but I went basi, treads, mek. I think soul ring is sorta standard for infinite stuns with your ult. Once you have that core you can get some points in greevil and just start going all aura (Drums, AC). I am still a noob with him though.

Bad7667

That has nothing on my 40-50 min ranked match where my two carries didnt buy a bkb against a lina, luna and sandking. I'm sure there was even more magic damage but can't remember.

I had one game where a Luna rushed a butterfly and kept dying to a disrupter ult combo. She left the items of the BF in her stash for 20 mins because she couldn't actually finish the "rushed" BF.

Dota is hard.

Artanisix

~*_(+)_*~*_(+)_*~*_(+)_*~*_(+)_*~*_(+)_*~*_(+)_*~*_(+)_*~

MUMBLE GAF vs. BUTTRIDERS (aka angry invoker in my naga siren game)
BEING LIVE CAST @ http://www.twitch.tv/travdood
COME ROCK OUT
COME SUPPORT US
COME CRUSH THE BUTTRIDERS IN SPIRIT

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
But what if Angry Invoker's friends are actually good at the game? I mean, the guy got matched with you in solo, he should be of comparable skill. If you lose, you will bring extreme shame onto us!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

MUMBLE GAF vs. BUTTRIDERS (aka angry invoker in my naga siren game)
BEING LIVE CAST @ http://www.twitch.tv/travdood
COME ROCK OUT
COME SUPPORT US
COME CRUSH THE BUTTRIDERS IN SPIRIT

I like how after he bitched out your Radiance Naga, he gave it a go himself. A couple of times. And lost. What a player.

Tuning in~

GorillaJu

There's a picture floating around of the Silent Ripper card showing a preview of it (I believe) posted a few weeks before the Silent Ripper was uploaded to the workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom