• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

ahahaha, one of TBs lines for casting Reflection

"Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting your...stop hitting yourself."

Hope that's acted as well as it is in my head.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
He isn't. Whoever said this was making excuses.

Heh. Loda (explicitly stated), Sigma (explicitly stated), and Navi (based on their bans) disagree with you. I don't think Invoker's broken, but just goes to show the differences in perspective between pro's and pubs (us).

They better get an illidan-like voice actor for Terrorblade or I'm gonna be sad.

Na bro they better get Illidan. The model, the glaives, the demon stuff. Like give Blizzard 90% of the hat royalties idc, I need Illidan in this game or I'm quitting for HoS best moba.

Satch

Banned
So if Support Alch is as good as many of you are saying, why is it Earth Spirit that makes you rage? Serious question.

SuppAlch cant silence and stun multiple enemy heroes from where you cant see him, and cant deal massive lingering damage when/if you get out of his attack range, and have that damage loop restarted when he places an item in your path out of his own melee range, and cant escape after all of that with the incredible efficiency that ES has

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So if Support Alch is as good as many of you are saying, why is it Earth Spirit that makes you rage? Serious question.

I am being honest in that I haven't seen Earth Spirit picked by the enemy in a real game in a month, so I haven't had a chance for a game that made me go "Yep, hes OP."

I don't see how this has anything to do with Support Alch though. The big strength with Alch as a draft pick is that he is both a really strong support and a very viable carry. I'm hoping he doesn't get nerfed to hard, since I really like this aspect, but I do think the stun may be too strong.

Does a bloodstone suicide keep the gem if you had it or does it drop?

It drops.

Strider

I'm such an idiot.

I've always been torn between watching matches and playing games myself but this whole time I couldve been using my PS4 web browser to watch streams on the TV and keep playing games. . . . . .

manfestival

just won a game of dota 2 that we got a little lucky thanks to the peruvians on my team being jerks and allowing for a guy to not have any pause time, which allowed me to farm up and carry our glorious team to victory. to be able to carry this hard as racecar naix is just a wonderful feeling. saw everyone in starladder finals going orb of venom/sny/drums and its just amazing.

Radec

Seems like the Arcana is working out for me
st4d.png

I fucking hate playing against Linkens as an LC.

bounchfx

Any chance those spirit sets get released as one large pack? That was my first thought.

I really hope so! That's the idea, but we have no explicit control over it. I'd love to see the whole collection released together like the recent hair or armor packs.. but who knows what Valve has in store for the update!

Thanks again guys for all your kind words, it means a lot to me!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
These pro players really need to step up their interviewing. Just an awkward mess all around.

For what it's worth I doubt they have assistants on their payroll in charge of managing their interview/speech etiquette.

I actually thought that Loda thanking their sponsors and "Kelly" who handled merchandise was more professional than saying "Yeah we did good and they did bad, not really sure what will happen next.", or ignoring questions like Puppey + Dendi.

Just noticed this.

December 20, 2013 - Valve

- Launching the game will now allow you to reconnect to a match in progress even while searching for the Dota 2 Network. In concert with this change, all existing low priority punishments have been reset.

Maybe this is why the game has been unbearable as of late.

Nymerio

So, I was playing with a couple friends today and we were arguing about what mode to play. My friend mentioned limited heroes as a joke but it got me thinking that I'd really like a Worst Played mode. Only heroes with the lowest win rate or heroes you've never played available. I'd play that, especially if it was all random worst played. Optionally don't count matches so people actually play it.

Terror blade has no Anti Mage lines, he seems more related to doom than am now. I figured they'd do something like that, I wonder ow the community will react if they're not brothers

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Terror blade has no Anti Mage lines, he seems more related to doom than am now. I figured they'd do something like that, I wonder ow the community will react if they're not brothers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, How can he be related to doom, terrorblade is still a demon hunter, just a demonic demon hunter goddamit!!!

domstah

Do you think they'll do anything to help with the counter picking nonsense that keeps happening in All Random - people taking forever to pick. Would Randomizing Heroes if the clock hits 0 fix it, or is just something that always existed has bubbled down the potato tier that I play in?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
and then you go on my dotabuff and see how few games I actually play a day :3

A lot of that time is spent spectating while I work on other things.

sure bro we all kno u've been playin night and day since buttrider pillaged your pride

ur like batman with his back broken in that pit thing in that one movie; keep doin those pushups and pullups might fix ur back eventually

SamVimes

When Bristle gets to actual first pick first ban necro will be picked all the time me thinks.

That plus DK plus Viper. Also i'm trying this Treads-Mek-Skadi build, it seems to be working really well but i always had a stupid high winrate with Necro in pubs so dunno if that's helping.

Chris R

All random is fun until you go up against a team of NS/ET/Kunkka :(

That and you team up with someone who has no idea how to play or build Lifestealer, but sure as hell will make sure the other team is nice and fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom