• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/593146452

Pretty much first time Chen, after my friend screwed me over in Captains Draft and said we had someone good with Chen after I said I had interest in getting better with him. No pressure.

About 10 minutes before first Centaur, fml.

Don't know what I am doing, don't screw completely up. Team doesn't notice that half of my creeps are not really doing anything.

"gg, commend Chen"

Chen ez commend.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How to win lane by Purge:
Fight in a lane with no one else

He also should really learn how to last hit before coughing up $50/hr, this is pretty painful. He doesn't even understand creep aggro mechanics and is clicking Pudge when there are 8 enemy creeps around him Zzzzzz
Purge is not a good teacher. He's teaching way more advanced mechanics when his student is just randomly casting his spells and he can only use 3 of them.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is so bad. I really wanted to learn how to play AA better too

EDIT: This guy is completely incapable of microing spiders

Kard8p3

Sounds like 2 more reasons not to play ESO.

iWgb7mHRTay1D.gif

Kard8p3

http://dotabuff.com/matches/593146452

Pretty much first time Chen, after my friend screwed me over in Captains Draft and said we had someone good with Chen after I said I had interest in getting better with him. No pressure.

About 10 minutes before first Centaur, fml.

Don't know what I am doing, don't screw completely up. Team doesn't notice that half of my creeps are not really doing anything.

"gg, commend Chen"

Chen ez commend.

been tryin to fkn tell GAF how ez Chen is, no one listens.

edit double post bc i am dumb and have lack of sleep.

sry

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't wanna trash this dude too bad cause he's clearly new, but why the hell would you drop $50 on an hour of tutoring if you don't even know basic mechanics of the game? What was he expecting Purge to teach him?

Divvy

I don't wanna trash this dude too bad cause he's clearly new, but why the hell would you drop $50 on an hour of tutoring if you don't even know basic mechanics of the game? What was he expecting Purge to teach him?

Well he's probably pretty nervous. Probably doesn't play this badly usually. Although he's probably never played any micro hero before.

I feel like the floor seats for TI4 are going to sell out in like 2 minutes, it seems to be what most people are talking about getting.
Yeah I'm gonna go for floor probably I guess. Only 100 dollars more and it seems where all the cool kids will be. Plus it kind of sounds like if you buy a floor you can still sit in GA so I'll just be where ever.
acridmeat dota: the hardest throws
Yo arab remember that dumbass game we played.

Maybe he just wanted to be e-held for an hour just so that he can remember how to feel.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zephyr "Angry Face" Purge
I feel like the floor seats for TI4 are going to sell out in like 2 minutes, it seems to be what most people are talking about getting.
Yeah I'm gonna go for floor probably I guess. Only 100 dollars more and it seems where all the cool kids will be. Plus it kind of sounds like if you buy a floor you can still sit in GA so I'll just be where ever.
As someone who has been to multiple events you really need/want the floor seats and to get there early. General admission seats will probably be okay since you can just get there early and get good seats on the close rows, but it's such a giant difference for the overall experience / cost it just makes sense to get floor seats (Travel, food, hotel, etc.)

Really hoping I can get some floor seats, if I get any here I'll pass the extras on, hope someone can do the same.

Zephyr "Angry Face" Purge

As someone who has been to multiple events you really need/want the floor seats and to get there early. General admission seats will probably be okay since you can just get there early and get good seats on the close rows, but it's such a giant difference for the overall experience / cost it just makes sense to get floor seats (Travel, food, hotel, etc.)

Really hoping I can get some floor seats, if I get any here I'll pass the extras on, hope someone can do the same.

I'm really really really hoping it's not a clusterfuck to get tickets. Hoping really hard.

Edit: This kid is pro.

sephi22

Doto-Gaf, I have some questions regarding TI4.

If my friend buys a TI4 ticket but then cancels his travel plans, what would be the best way for him to sell his ticket? He wants to know if he can sell the ticket for the same price that he bought it for, and what would be the best medium/website to do so.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
l4BGbGA.png

If my friend buys a TI4 ticket but then cancels his travel plans, what would be the best way for him to sell his ticket? He wants to know if he can sell the ticket for the same price that he bought it for, and what would be the best medium/website to do so.
IDK

21-2-21 spec and they honestly still could have won if their item builds were not completely garbage
NGcTrhr.png

shira

Here's where it gets tricky. You have to call Ticketmaster to change the ownership with your ID and credit card. This is almost impossible to prove online unless you know the other party extremely well. Like how is Sergei in Russia supposed to know if I actually transferred the ticket ownership to him after he pays me.

Only the USA gets physical tickets. International buyers have to pick them up at Key Arena with government ID and credit card.

Divvy

Everyone on his team is facepalm worthy in such a diverse variety of ways. He's actually the best one on the team

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

He can resell it, but I don't know what way would be best. When I had to sell my TI3 ticket on Ebay, the first seller fell though, and the second tried to scam me out of it and almost got away with it. The person ether stole an ebay/paypal account, or falsely claimed his account to be compromised. In the end, I was able to get Paypal to cover me with Seller Protection, because I had activated the ticket and didn't just trade the Steam Item, and was able to actually mail a copy of the ticket along with just emailing a link to it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This guy has 1553 hours of Dota 2 logged. That's amazing. http://dotabuff.com/players/42560509

I'd feel bad taking a $100 bucks from this guy if I were Purge :( Didn't even win a game
Just goes to show that approaching the game to learn and improve is hugely different than grinding.
So many resources to learn how to play, just learning how to play a lane and 3 heroes really branches out a ton.

vHigh is 3700, dunno what high is, but it would be 3300 MAX (Actually since I had very high games, my unranked was 'normal' so IDK if it's accurate anymore or not)

1IX1XRG.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So how does this Purge thing work? Pay the man $100, get 1 game coached?

Also, you know there is a problem when you have a less then 50% win rate on 2 of your 3 most played heroes.

Hey, Dotabuff added an Items thing, thats cool. Comparing my items to that AA playing guy, first thing that sticks out is games ended up a TP scroll. I end 60% of games with a TP scroll in my Inventory, KekkoKAmen has 12%.

Wok

He can resell it, but I don't know what way would be best. When I had to sell my TI3 ticket on Ebay, the first seller fell though, and the second tried to scam me out of it and almost got away with it. The person ether stole an ebay/paypal account, or falsely claimed his account to be compromised. In the end, I was able to get Paypal to cover me with Seller Protection, because I had activated the ticket and didn't just trade the Steam Item, and was able to actually mail a copy of the ticket along with just emailing a link to it.

This sounds like a bad experience. For TI4, isn't there a way to exchange the ticket directly with Ticketmaster?

shira

But this time around we aren't getting a steam tradable ticket. Steam trades are semi-secure if you use a middleman to ensure that both parties exchange items. With this kind of ticketmaster ticket I don't know how you can convince the buyer that you have transferred the ownership to them.

I could just take their money and go to Seattle. It's linked to my credit card and my ID.

Wok

Refund & Exchange Policy

Refunds and exchanges are available for tickets for participating venues and teams.

Refunds

Get a full refund on tickets for participating venues and teams if you change your mind within 72 hours of purchase. Call 800-653-8000.

Exchanges

Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. Tickets bought at a Ticketmaster retail location must be exchanged at the same location. One exchange per person, per event.

We can't refund or exchange tickets for events that are less than 7 days away, and we can't refund or exchange resale ticket purchases for TM+ events.

Some non-participating venues (and artists, teams, etc.) have a "no refunds or exchanges" policy. But if the event is close and you can't make it, we'll do everything we can to help. Contact us!

I have found this webpage, quoted above.

Top Bottom