• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

ViviOggi

rip in pepperoni c9
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

BigAT

I didn't see the game at all, only the final scoreboard, but how the hell does a team that goes triple midas stomp that hard in just ~18 minutes?

Acinixys

I didn't see the game at all, only the final scoreboard, but how the hell does a team that goes triple midas stomp that hard in just ~18 minutes?

1: C9 trilane was useless
2: Its RTZ and Mason
3: C9 is not as good as EG and their picks didnt work out?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Singlehandedly getting Dark Seer nerfed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Seriously, people give all the credit to RTZ but he's by far the best player in the team.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd call Universe the best off-laner and Arteezy the best mid-player currently though. PPD and Zai also put most other supports ( especially TL lol) to shame with their roam ganks. Can't comment on Fear cause he's out of commission, but he's traditionally been regarded as the best NA carry and one of the better carry players all-around.

SamVimes

I wouldn't go that far. I'd call Universe the best off-laner and Arteezy the best mid-player currently though. PPD and Zai also put most other supports ( especially TL lol) to shame with their roam ganks. Can't comment on Fear cause he's out of commission, but he's traditionally been regarded as the best NA carry and one of the better carry players all-around.

Thing is when they're behind it's always him that pull them back with the big plays.

"why isn't singsing playing more aggressive?" uhm because he saw dazzle picking up an invis bottom?

Razzer

the constant mana burn by Pieliedie is mitigating the damage a bit in this trilane. EG simply don't have the mana to bully C9 as much as they want it seems. Still winning though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
love this ds aggro tri against lycan, exploiting the hero's weakness pretty hard and not giving him a free pass into the midgame (and lycan has pretty much always been the strongest midgame carry in the game, that's his prime).

you 100% have to aggro tri against lycan, if you give lycan a free lane you get a free loss pretty much

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
C9 needs to go train some more. They're being so inconsistent lately

EDIT: Space Jam up in here.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I have a question out of curiosity.

Why has the player in the safe lane farming been regarded as the hard carry and the midlaner regarded as the "secondary carry".

The player in mid has solo exp + farm, while the safe laner is usually laning with a support that will sap a percentage of the exp.

Genuinely curious how this setup got started.

aeolist

Banned

Why has the player in the safe lane farming been regarded as the hard carry and the midlaner regarded as the "secondary carry".

The player in mid has solo exp + farm, while the safe laner is usually laning with a support that will sap a percentage of the exp.

it's more flexible than that, rtz tends to be the 1 position player on EG in mid

overall mid is under more threat of ganks from the sidelane and has to directly contest the other mid while safelane usually gets solo farm

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

A normal mid will eventually leave the lane to go gank, and having runes and access to the lanes on both sides both promotes ganking and being ganked. The reason the hard carry sits in safelane is exactly because it's safe. They don't need an EXP lead like the Mid does, and a good support can find sources of EXP elsewhere instead of leeching off of the carry, as you say, all the time.

The exception to this are hard carry Mids like Naga and OD. Naga because she excels at farming with a bottle and regular access to runes. OD because his lane control is the best in the game, but only in a 1v1 situation.

Top Bottom