• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

FACE

Banned
badumtsssssssssss

icheBii5uqOhH.gif

OKay then, how about people just Quote this and I'll random number generate the victor from the list. :D

Quote to win DAZZURL Shadow flame set or something.

:D

Hylian7

OKay then, how about people just Quote this and I'll random number generate the victor from the list. :D

MY SHADOW LEEEEEAPS AHEAD!

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with this. He is right, people rarely use it. You should use it for the bonus damage attack at least.

Also one thing people don't understand about the storm one: Dispel Magic works on your own tornado. Your can tornado an enemy out of the fight and once you kill everyone else you can Dispel him down.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Oh boy Dazzle!

I find it odd they made the Weapon Rare, but the Headdress Mythical. Also, that the entire set is "Mythical" and not rated Legendary like the Vengeful Spirit Set.

Quesa

Hylian it was an unintentional pun. He wouldn't see ppl use it because it turns them invisible

jokes.

Edit why am I now friends with Ryan Gosling's Teeth

Vamlock

What's the deal with these?

http://www.joindota.com/en/cups/1495
http://www.joindota.com/en/cups/1497

Are these really for ESL One? I mean, they don't even have any qualifier info posted on their own page.

Anyone? I ask because I'd like to put together a team for the US qualifiers just for fun.

On an unrelated note, I recently booked a room here with two queen beds for just my friend and myself for Thursday to Tuesday. I'd like to find some people to share with (if they don't mind sharing a queen bed). We're not really party animals, so you definitely wouldn't have to worry about that. Just PM me if interested and we can talk details.

Edit:

Adding this to my post.

You have to be good at micro to use his skill ?
I think you mean OP as fuck, can't wait for that new earth spirit, sure.

Meepo was the most bandwagoned hero ever.

3 days after release, no one picked him. Techies might have more staying power because people can atleast deny themselves.

Even in good hands I don't think meepo is that great of a hero.

Hylian7

Hylian it was an unintentional pun. He wouldn't see ppl use it because it turns them invisible

jokes.
I did not catch that, haha.

On a random note I made a second attempt at breaking habits and rebound my item keys. Before I had them on Alt+QWEASD. This worked well for me, but I felt like when things got too frantic sometimes it was prone to mistakes. Tinker is a good example of this. I would be 6-slotted and sometimes have trouble getting my Dagon or Sheep off. On top of that, it always felt awkward to do the bottle charge sharing because that required Ctrl+Alt+QWEASD.

I rebound them to ZXCVBN. Those keys seem logical and I gave it a try in a Tinker bot game (6-slotted in about 20 minutes because bots suck even on unfair) and did well. I didn't have any of the miskeys I had with the Alt+ configuration.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is Techies really that bad? I feel like you should be able to get some good value out of his traps and mines.

Plus, couldn't you just jungle with Techies? Stack camps and blow up the stacks with mines.

Hell, you can actually make use of Suicide Squad to deny your self early on too like a lot of weaker junglers, it should give you gold/XP for creep kills, right?

I did not catch that, haha.

On a random note I made a second attempt at breaking habits and rebound my item keys. Before I had them on Alt+QWEASD. This worked well for me, but I felt like when things got too frantic sometimes it was prone to mistakes. Tinker is a good example of this. I would be 6-slotted and sometimes have trouble getting my Dagon or Sheep off. On top of that, it always felt awkward to do the bottle charge sharing because that required Ctrl+Alt+QWEASD.

I rebound them to ZXCVBN. Those keys seem logical and I gave it a try in a Tinker bot game (6-slotted in about 20 minutes because bots suck even on unfair) and did well. I didn't have any of the miskeys I had with the Alt+ configuration.
I ultimately settle on

ZXC [space] G and one of my extra mouse buttons. Still debating between autocasting and not. It really, really speeds things up (autocasting sheeps/dagons feels at least 2x as fast), but when you haven't use a method before, the adjustment period takes longer.

n0tail is gonna fight you

yea he ruined Alliance. They should let him pick it more. Still as a pocket pick, but more than once every 3 months.

BeesEight

I think part of the reason that Meepo was so anticipated and Techies are now has to do with how different they are conceptually from the rest of the hero pool. Even if people only play them once or twice, the idea of them is pretty exciting.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Techies because they're one of the few heroes I remember playing from Dota 1. I'll probably be trash with them but at least it won't be as hard as Meepo.

One can never have too many feathers.

Top Bottom