• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

ViviOggi

You're not going to die, you are likey going to need some "light" surgery though. glhf.
Dota2_LV_LS.jpg

also got a doc appointment lined up today, let's go
Good luck.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That said, I feel like Dendi's is the better story (from tragedy to champion) overall, which is a stroke of luck on Valve's part. In the end, Fear has the most of my pity and support because he's been working so hard. Dendi regularly sees success and hyhy has also done well in the LoL scene, but Fear is still waiting to be vindicated.

Going in I didn't know about this, and after learning about it Dendi's ups and downs make more sense to me at least.
It seems to me like he was using Dota to successfully block out the pain from losing his dad, (completely understandable), and he ended up turning into one of the best in the world because of it.

inkls

Use different heroes, but if you want to wait for techies then 1 week after release sounds good.

Pm me so we can decide stuff like number of rounds, heroes used, etc.

Go get help milk.

Pic of Milk:
rattletrap_vert.jpg

I identified with hyhy's story the most because, while my parents were much milder than the quintessential tiger mom(s) you saw in hyhy's segments, I knew a lot of asian kids who were under the same pressure from their families. Most of them had bad relationships with their parents, so I could understand indirectly hyhy's feelings. Also he just wanted to get back together with his waifu.

That said, I feel like Dendi's is the better story (from tragedy to champion) overall, which is a stroke of luck on Valve's part. In the end, Fear has the most of my pity and support because he's been working so hard. Dendi regularly sees success and hyhy has also done well in the LoL scene, but Fear is still waiting to be vindicated.

I will be rooting for Fear in TI4, even if my favored team is still Alliance.

But clockwerk isn't a robot,
He's iron man...

They all had pretty sad stories, Fear's had the best ending though.

Chris R

Think of the good stuff though, you can stay home and play Dota on your sick leave now.

I'd totally get a setup working so I could sit in bed and dotes it up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fear had the saddest extra feature. Just him missing jump shots over and over again.

Like a metaphor for his DOTA2 career.

Kard8p3

Speaking of KingRaven every time I see him he looks like he's on the verge of a panic attack, he's always like rocking back and forth, guess it's just some odd tic or something.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I wanted to watch the 2011 internationals grand finals after watching f2p since I wasn't into dota until last year. Can someone explain to me why there isn't a game 1 at all? I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Calidor

So I wanted to watch the 2011 internationals grand finals after watching f2p since I wasn't into dota until last year. Can someone explain to me why there isn't a game 1 at all? I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

iirc navi started with a 1-0 advantage since they qualified through winner bracket

ReRixo

Banned
Are we not expecting TI4 qualifiers soon? If TI4 is in July, then the qualifiers should be here within the next month if they have the same gap as they did in TI3 (between qualifiers and event).

Haly

I'd imagine military service is probably a bigger factor than age.

NesTea still hasn't done his yet, he's on his way out soon whether he likes it or not.

I think a big part of the 25 myth is that there is no real skill ceiling for digital competitive games, because they're always being rebalanced in response to new metas, and new metas are developing from the balance changes. This is especially true for DOTA2. This means that each new generation of players is starting from a higher base skill level than their predecessors, with all the advantages of youth (more time to play, more energy and ambition), so people eventually leave when they can no longer keep up the same rate of growth they had as 20-somethings. Just look at the average pub game 5 years ago versus now. Despite all the russians and peruvians and throws and whatnot, the standard level of play is considerably higher, so you can only imagine what the disparity is like at the pro-level.

kagete

31 and already on the rocking chair. I don't even win games anymore, been playing with too many rednecks and chavs. I need new friends ASAP.

0TYG8G5.png

Haly

31 and already on the rocking chair. I don't even win games anymore, been playing with too many rednecks and chavs. I need new friends ASAP.

I will carry you Kagete.
iFOeZkO2J2Rmf.png

ElyrionX

I've been playing (and losing) as Puck a lot lately. I definitely feel like he needs some buffs. His early game presence is still really strong but he falls off way too quickly in the mid to late game and it's a giant struggle to have any kind of impact in team fights. The issue is that many initiation heroes have seen buffs in the last few patches (Disrupter and ES are two that come to mind) and Puck's skills have remained largely the same and are very much low impact in team fights late game.

I'm thinking he could use a slight buff to the silence duration (3 secs is very low and the AOE is small) of Waning Rift or perhaps Dream Coil can be made to be more potent (perhaps slightly more damage or a stronger Aghs upgrade).

My Dotabuff profile is here in case anyone wants to see my Puck games:

http://dotabuff.com/players/3128034

FACE

Banned
Gets away with ghost walk -> sees familiars -> attacks familiars even though the rest of the dire team isn't far -> gets killed by clockwerk.

Pretty poor decision by s4, not that it matters though.

Kade

Pingpingpingpingpingping. Get out of mid. I want to miss last hits in peace.

Kade (Crystal Maiden) has disconnected from the game. Please wait for them to reconnect.
Kade (Crystal Maiden) has 5 minutes left to reconnect.
Abandonment by Kade (Crystal Maiden). The game is now safe to leave.

Haly

My Dotabuff profile is here in case anyone wants to see my Puck games:

http://dotabuff.com/players/3128034

Your problem, without looking at your Dotabuff in the slightest, is that you're playing a team-centric initiator hero in pubs.

Puck absolutely demands consistent followups which your teammates can't provide. You're trying to play him as a self sufficient mid like QoP, or TA when really, all he does is create space for his teammates.

Could he stand to be buffed? Maybe. But that won't solve your fundamental problem which is that you're playing a team hero in a solo environment.

ElyrionX

Your problem, without looking at your Dotabuff in the slightest, is that you're playing a team-centric initiator hero in pubs.

Puck absolutely demands consistent followups which your teammates can't provide. You're trying to play him as a self sufficient mid like QoP, or TA when really, all he does is create space for his teammates.

Could he stand to be buffed? Maybe. But that won't solve your fundamental problem which is that you're playing a team hero in a solo environment.

Not really. I've been playing him in the offlane in 5 stacks.

Haly

Not really. I've been playing him in the offlane in 5 stacks.

I stand corrected, but my point remains the same. If you're not playing a leader role organizing ganks and making it impossible for the other side to gain momentum, you should try another hero. There's a reason Puck's overall win-rate is so low despite being a staple competitive pick.

ElyrionX

I stand corrected, but my point remains the same. If you're not playing a leader role organizing ganks and making it impossible for the other side to gain momentum, you should try another hero.

Fair point. Let me dwell on this a bit.

Top Bottom