• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Nymerio

I love the fact that there are trailers for fucking item sets that are better than some trailers of real games I've seen. And that death ward is amazing.

I was surprised because Witch Doctor was one of the first heroes made item ready and he only has 3 sets, one is Valve made, and hasn't had a new set in a year and a half. He hadn't even had any submitted that looked passable in that time. He's even only gotten 1 item in the last year.

Razzer

I opened the video then immediately switched to another tab. When I heard the music though I knew it was gonna be good. Didn't disappoint, sick trailer and sick set.

Edit: Oh and can't wait for the Mushi QoP set it foreshadows too.

Hylian7

My condolences :(

This is so stupid. So many shadowbans don't even get an explanation. On a whole the Dota 2 subreddit wouldn't be where it is now without your contributions.

kappa keepo plz no pasterino

damn @ that pastebin + fallout.

Hylian, I feel I'm probably included in the 'troll squad' so I'll say my bit - First off I don't post that stuff in your stream chat to troll you or antagonize you, it's all in good fun. Chat is usually empty anyway! Second, you're being a little unfair to gofu and 109 in the amount of trolling vs advice they give you. Granted, you were being targeted by a lot of posters when you originally posted that. Realistically I'd say about two thirds of what they try and tell you - when they are actually talking to you - is genuine advice that despite your best efforts doesn't seem like it is getting through to you. Maybe, try going a game at a time and working on things one by one instead of trying to do everything or a lot of things at once? I am by no means a good player and don't claim to be one jsyk. For example, spend a game doing what you normally do, but I want you to click on enemy heroes more often. Observe other parts of the map more often (lanes, heroes, etc) and avoid being locked down on your hero in that tunnel vision. Do just that for an entire game or as long as it takes until it becomes natural and then implement something else. Obviously if you feel you can try more things go for it but from what it seems people are saying, that's not working as well. Just my thoughts m8 I'm not against u innit pls no copy pasterino fettuccine alfredo machiatto americano cappuccino frappuccino Al Pacino dongerino

You forgot the delicious Italian dish Nyx makes called the Spike d'carapace.

Seriously though, I can understand that. I am trying to get better about clicking around the map more, I just always have this paranoia that something will happen the moment I take off the "tunnel vision" (like a fucking Mirana arrow out of nowhere, seriously, fuck that hero) which is why I have the bad habit of not doing that sometimes. On top of that you have stressful games that are already frustrating whether I am playing like shit for whatever reason, my teammates are, or we are against some straight up bullshit (TB + Ember = NOOOOPE).

Hylian7

That was what I was saying, it's so much better than shadow blade but I got ignored and laughed at.

Blink on drow is legit same with sniper, position is key with those two.

Hylian I try to give you advice like blink on drow but you just laugh at me

Honestly I don't understand the appeal on blink on those two. "Positioning is OP", okay then why not buy it Luna, Terrorblade (although he is OP without it), Medusa, Timbersaw, Nature's Prophet, Lycan, Visage, and Ember Spirit? I suppose the only one of those I could potentially see an argument for is Medusa, but even that one is shaky at best because you need all of those slots on her for real items. Especially on Sniper, who has a billion range, he really doesn't need a blink and can't afford to go one without being stuck hitting like wet tissue paper. Same thing applies to Drow, except you already have some damage and need other things. By the time you would get to use that Blink Dagger, someone has already canceled it by damaging you.

This Blink Dagger fad is silly and will surely wear off sometime.

Hylian7

Pretty much everyone else you listed has an escape that will allow them to get away in most situations.

I'd get blink on NP over shadowblade.
And everyone can get Blink canceled preventing that escape. Blink isn't a good escape item.

Also I am not a fan of Shadow Blade NP myself, I wouldn't opt for either on him.

Ultimatum

Banned
Honestly I don't understand the appeal on blink on those two. "Positioning is OP", okay then why not buy it Luna, Terrorblade (although he is OP without it), Medusa, Timbersaw, Nature's Prophet, Lycan, Visage, and Ember Spirit? I suppose the only one of those I could potentially see an argument for is Medusa, but even that one is shaky at best because you need all of those slots on her for real items. Especially on Sniper, who has a billion range, he really doesn't need a blink and can't afford to go one without being stuck hitting like wet tissue paper. Same thing applies to Drow, except you already have some damage and need other things. By the time you would get to use that Blink Dagger, someone has already canceled it by damaging you.

This Blink Dagger fad is silly and will surely wear off sometime.

this is where positioning comes in

Blink Timber was pretty common even before the buff.

Medusa seems like she would benefit hugely from blink as well, although I guess you can't really get it since she needs seven items to be useful already.

Razzer

The thinking for blink on Drow and Sniper is similar to Blinkz. All 3 are squishy ranged heroes (well clinkz can get tank with ult but you get the point) who have high natural dps from their skills. If you want to have more of an early impact a blink allows you to aggressively utilize these skills. With Blinkz it was about finishing off targets you are ganking. With Drow, if someone comes within range of your ult's activation radius, then blink away. Blink is best for this as it's instant and precise. Sniper doesn't have the ult but as someone closes the gap blinking away lets you proc more headshots. It's a glass cannon build, usually combined with MoM to give you huge dps very cheaply.

If so many top players are doing it (in competitive matches too) then there must be some merit.

Hylian7

Blink Timber was pretty common even before the buff.

Medusa seems like she would benefit hugely from blink as well, although I guess you can't really get it since she needs seven items to be useful already.
What is Timber Chain? Seriously you have a super escape that only requires something that grows on 50% of the map if not more. Not only that you have reactive armor that allows you to get to a good position to chain from.

shira

is there a way to embed webM from gfycat?
It becomes a 2 step process

gif/youtube --> webm converter
http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-webm

webm host
http://pomf.se/

Watch the video. Seriously. It's probably the best/most impressive thing I've seen on the workshop yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmwQ9wvc9G4
SAandward.jpg

Totally wrong lore.
If anything it should have been riki/stealh assasin's death ward. To just create lore with Venomancer out of nothing ...

268x268.resizedimage

XBOX 4nnouncer pack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VwPRLEGzcQ
"Oh my goddable, it's unbelievable"
"Pudge, you better leave it to Dendi"

If there is no Russian version I'm going to be pissed.

Hylian7

The thinking for blink on Drow and Sniper is similar to Blinkz. All 3 are squishy ranged heroes (well clinkz can get tank with ult but you get the point) who have high natural dps from their skills. If you want to have more of an early impact a blink allows you to aggressively utilize these skills. With Blinkz it was about finishing off targets you are ganking. With Drow, if someone comes within range of your ult's activation radius, then blink away. Blink is best for this as it's instant and precise. Sniper doesn't have the ult but as someone closes the gap blinking away lets you proc more headshots. It's a glass cannon build, usually combined with MoM to give you huge dps very cheaply.

If so many top players are doing it (in competitive matches too) then there must be some merit.
Top players also did 5-man Midas strats, with some of those Midases taking 15 minutes.

Razzer

Top players also did 5-man Midas strats, with some of those Midases taking 15 minutes.

And midas got nerfed.

Edit: Okay I don't like snarky retorts so I'll add this. Blink on these heroes isn't some mandatory thing that you must do because everyone else does. But it's an option. You shouldn't be so dismissive.

Hylian7

And midas got nerfed.

Edit: Okay I don't like snarky retorts so I'll add this. Blink on these heroes isn't some mandatory thing that you must do because everyone else does. But it's an option. You shouldn't be so dismissive.
But did Midas really need that Nerf?

Sure, it is an option, but almost anything else is a better and more effective option. Besides, you shouldn't buy Blink on heroes that scale because you are delaying (or not at all) capitalizing on their strengths.

Demoli

Totally wrong lore.
If anything it should have been riki/stealh assasin's death ward. To just create lore with Venomancer out of nothing ...

It's a japanese tale That a frog prince defeats the snake lord in order to impress/defend the slug princess or something, so it's nto ttoally out of the blue.

I believe Naruto also used the same legend as a basis for Orochimaru//Jiraya/Tsunade

Edit: Blink Timber is ttoally legit, you need a way to get in there once highground starts being involved and it allows for better initiations.

Razzer

But did Midas really need that Nerf?

Sure, it is an option, but almost anything else is a better and more effective option. Besides, you shouldn't buy Blink on heroes that scale because you are delaying (or not at all) capitalizing on their strengths.

This is where you are being dismissive. A lot of people are having success. Great players are explaining their reasoning. To just say "this is better, definitely, no questions asked" is not productive at all. Have you tried blink MoM on Drow or Sniper at all? Given it several games with each to make a reasoned judgement? Approach these things with an open mind.

Hylian7

This is where you are being dismissive. A lot of people are having success. Great players are explaining their reasoning. To just say "this is better, definitely, no questions asked" is not productive at all. Have you tried blink MoM on Drow or Sniper at all? Given it several games with each to make a reasoned judgement? Approach these things with an open mind.

No, I cannot think of a single game I have played with either of those heroes where I thought "Gee, I sure wish I bought a Blink Dagger instead of these actual carry items or a BKB."

Razzer

No, I cannot think of a single game I have played with either of those heroes where I thought "Gee, I sure wish I bought a Blink Dagger instead of these actual carry items or a BKB."

I didn't ask whether you had wished you had bought one. I asked whether you bought one, tested how much it actually worked rather than simply giving it one runover in your head and saying it's not as good. I'm guessing the answer is never though.

Hylian7

I didn't ask whether you had wished you had bought one. I asked whether you bought one, tested how much it actually worked rather than simply giving it one runover in your head and saying it's not as good. I'm guessing the answer is never though.
No, but that is like saying I should buy Blink Dagger on AM. Have I tried that? Hell no, and I'm never going to because I know it is bad.

A better example would be like saying I should buy MoM on Clinkz.

aeolist

Banned
No, but that is like saying I should buy Blink Dagger on AM. Have I tried that? Hell no, and I'm never going to because I know it is bad.

you shouldn't buy blink on am because he has blink, don't buy mom on clinkz because he already has attack speed

a positioning item that can be used for aggression or defense on a hero that doesn't have any built-in movement abilities can be a good thing, it's totally different

shira

PSA: If anyone bought a Shagbark plush apparently some people on reddit have been getting additional charges related to heartbleed shit.

I'm ok, but take a gander at you statements jic.

It's a japanese tale That a frog prince defeats the snake lord in order to impress/defend the slug princess or something, so it's nto ttoally out of the blue.

I believe Naruto also used the same legend as a basis for Orochimaru//Jiraya/Tsunade

ah ok, going for the Naruto crowd - I'm ok with that

The 2nd best team OF ALL TIME

ftfy

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm generally not pro-concede options, but on the rare occasion you do encounter people who genuinely waste 15 or 20 minutes or your time fountain camping you, it's fucking infuriating and makes you wish for the option.

This last game was over in 22 minutes, we were down like 30-6 in kills and they'd taken one lane of rax. They just walked in and camped our base until 38 minutes when the game ended. There's simply nothing you can do about it.

Razzer

I see you cannot be persuaded. Oh well. I don't usually say stuff like this, but honestly with an attitude like this, it's not all that surprising you struggle to improve.

I tried to help, but I give up.

Hylian7

you shouldn't buy blink on am because he has blink, don't buy mom on clinkz because he already has attack speed

a positioning item that can be used for aggression or defense on a hero that doesn't have any built-in movement abilities can be a good thing, it's totally different
But is it? You shouldn't buy Blink on scaling heroes because they need items for the late game.

Maybe a better example is Dagon rushing Nature's Prophet.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
hylian pls

if you keep asking for advice and then shut down the people giving advice, your not going to get advice anymore

aeolist

Banned
But is it? You shouldn't buy Blink on scaling heroes because they need items for the late game.

Maybe a better example is Dagon rushing Nature's Prophet.

if you're not angling for the late game who cares? it's a cheap item that can let you win fights/avoid ganks early and mid

nobody's saying blink is core on sniper but it's just as stupid to say you should never ever get it

Vaporak

I'm generally not pro-concede options, but on the rare occasion you do encounter people who genuinely waste 15 or 20 minutes or your time fountain camping you, it's fucking infuriating and makes you wish for the option.

This last game was over in 22 minutes, we were down like 30-6 in kills and they'd taken one lane of rax. They just walked in and camped our base until 38 minutes when the game ended. There's simply nothing you can do about it.

You can just leave. Everyone is allowed to leave a game every now and then without any punishment.

Top Bottom