• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Because if you're attacking a target he won't be affected by the spin, early game your autoattack is poop and the spin damage is pretty good.

Also i wish this stream wasn't laggy as shit for me.
I was going more because you don't move while attacking and you can chase them with it better if you're around the same move speed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103226579&postcount=16328

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103227629&postcount=16332

begone heathen, you're war is lost, you're people scattered, you're idealoguegy obliterated

G.ZZZ

If you are on SF, you power farm like RTZ or you fall behind a lot. Go Midas first like RTZ or don't bother, taking it at 20 after HotD just killed completely his progression, +30 ias +20 damage and some lifesteal for 4000 gold isn't what you need to keep up in a game.

The funny thing is that loda used to do those shit itembuilds all the time while he was in NTH with Envy, and after EE left he started being much more intelligent with them, if not a bit boring (he rarely go for Linken/Skadi/Mjoll as often as RTZ for example).

Mjoll such a sick item right now boys.

Razzer

funny you mention that, because according to envy, it's the opposite

i could be wrong about this, but every time c9 runs drow, they have earthshaker 1) blocking the creepwave mid and 2) sitting her so he can fissure anyone trying to go on her, then she can gust and blink out. the earthshaker stun lasts 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds, as well as blocks most of the time, and gust also pushes people away. in other words, they don't use the blink just for offense on her

there's also the fact that copying everything you see on professional games is questionable by itself, like mid naga. and hylian is right about blink being useless against certain heroes (pudge, clockwork etc)

i'm not gonna get in theory wars about it, but i think force staff is a lot better on drow (and probably sniper as well), if you aren't split pushing and just blinking to hide into trees. you don't need to position yourself in a very specific spot like axe or sand king when going offensive and it can be used to run away reliably. on wk, i prefer euls

tl;dr blink is good but overrated. it's like force staff when speed gaming used to get 3 or 4, and then people wanted to buy the 3rd or 4th force staff by 40 minutes

That's fair. I will mention that by 'similar' I meant it was about accurate positioning, whereas the difference Envy mentions is that Clinkz goes in and Drow goes out. The two statements don't actually contradict, though I can see the confusion, so I should have been clearer. Your point on forcestaff is valid. I guess benifits of blink are lower cooldown, greater control over where you end up and doesn't break trees so you can escape by blinking into them. Forcestaff is better when they can jump on you to cancel blink though for sure. It's all situational.

Quesa

So I got my cheap-ass CK shirt and set (thx shira), and I got a flowering np treant. Is this usually the case or did I get extra-lucky?

SamVimes

You're drunk it's the other way around. If the target isn't damaged by the spin then your auto-attacks will do damage. I think it's relevant only against towers though, cause iirc bkb target still won't take damage from autos during spin.

Oh yeah but i think he still stops to attack? I don't play jugg in 50 years.

lol didn't notice this was a new page

What I've done is increased the camera pan speed sensitivity option (or whatever it's called) just a little bit every week, and now it's almost maxed and I've never noticed the change. Also you could try panning the camera with keys instead of the mouse.... ask Haz, I think he does that crazy shit.

Also, I feel like the only time I use the minimap to position my camera is to get a quick "snap shot" of what's happening there... like I'm looking at the minimap, see an enemy hero near a teammate, click there to see what's up, and then immediately double tap 1 to go back to my hero.

The problem I have is issueing move commands to my hero while looking somewhere else, I've gotten better at this by using the minimap to micro treants while playing prophet.

I think spacebar takes you to mid, or to wherever someone just pinged if you do it fast enough (I don't think I've ever seen this work though).

Awesome, thanks for explaining. The only reason I like LD is because it's an easy way to practice micro... it's just a-moves all day. It's kind of like NP except you don't even have to worry about sprout or ulti'ing.

LD is one of my favorite heroes, he's fun to play. You should play him, but eventually he tapers off once you get higher in MMR. I'm just a little disappointed how well he performs right now in my games, spirit bear use to be something people were intimidated by, but now he's mostly a punching bag to players that are more educated about the game.

Sibylus

Banned
Honestly I don't understand the appeal on blink on those two. "Positioning is OP", okay then why not buy it Luna, Terrorblade (although he is OP without it), Medusa, Timbersaw, Nature's Prophet, Lycan, Visage, and Ember Spirit? I suppose the only one of those I could potentially see an argument for is Medusa, but even that one is shaky at best because you need all of those slots on her for real items. Especially on Sniper, who has a billion range, he really doesn't need a blink and can't afford to go one without being stuck hitting like wet tissue paper. Same thing applies to Drow, except you already have some damage and need other things. By the time you would get to use that Blink Dagger, someone has already canceled it by damaging you.

This Blink Dagger fad is silly and will surely wear off sometime.
Sniper, like Drow, has ample early/middle game damage... provided they can keep their distance. Which is why people build things like Blink Daggers and Force Staffs on 'em (and Mask of Madness MS is useful for this too). It's of particular importance on Drow, who practically turns into a hero with two skills if she can't maintain her distance. While Blink won't save you from all initiation attempts, it can save you from a lot of 'em.

Hard to call a piece of repositioning kit a fad when it's literally the most cost-effective means to fill a hero gap.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Anbokr is the Robin Hood of grammar.
Fighting for those that dont have the time to worry about their apostrophes and leters.
Defending those that are being opressed by the man for being less good at english.

Demoli

This alliance game was nail biting by the end. That crush on Magnus won them the game so hard.

LD is one of my favorite heroes, he's fun to play. You should play him, but eventually he tapers off once you get higher in MMR. I'm just a little disappointed how well he performs right now in my games, spirit bear use to be something people were intimidated by, but now he's mostly a punching bag to players that are more educated about the game.

I agreee with this, to a point. I don't think Sylla can't offlane anymore unless it's against another solo laner or against a dual lane. Bear is simply too valuable now, where before it just wasn't worth the effort to focus the bear, I wish they made the bounty and exp scale with bear level.

Still, Sylla is increadibly strong, you just need your team to apply enough pressure for you to bully one lane and farm it until you get a radiance.

Someone earlier said bot guy is gone, I wonder if that means Juggernaut healing ward having a mind of it's own and chasing you will never get fixed in practice with bots.

Shinypogs

Poor Akke , didn't get to use his last minute dagon. That was a pretty awesome game. I missed the first in the series because I was out, is it worth watching?

Speaking of lone druid, is there a reason dark seer can't put ion shell on the spirit bear? There's a lot of heroes that can interact in way more powerful ways with the bear so why no ion shell?

Speaking of lone druid, is there a reason dark seer can't put ion shell on the spirit bear? There's a lot of heroes that can interact in way more powerful ways with the bear so why no ion shell?

You used to be able to. It was ridiculously broken. Albeit this was before the bear got otherwise nerfed further.

Mohasus

No, I cannot think of a single game I have played with either of those heroes where I thought "Gee, I sure wish I bought a Blink Dagger instead of these actual carry items or a BKB."

I won't talk about blink on sniper as I don't play that hero, but I'll talk about it on drow ranger.
Drow is my most successful hero, and I received a lot of shit for buying MoM on her 2 years ago.
http://dotabuff.com/players/43342875

Now, the only "carry item" you could buy with that gold would be a crystalis or yasha, however, drow at level 7 can kill pretty much any hero with some hits, but you probably won't because any smart enemy will run away from you or cast something to escape.

This is where blink comes in, you can surprise and silence someone (and now that you have blink, you can choose where you'll push the enemy, THIS IS A BIG THING and I hope I don't have to explain why), and that's a kill secured. Levels for drow are way more important early game than farm, she has a lot of damage already.

Blink is a snowball item on her, you waste 2k on it, but you are going to make way more (provided that you know how to abuse it). The silence rework was essential for this to work.

In a way, it's pretty much the same concept of Legion Commander.

Mordeccai

I see a lot of camera control talk going on.... anybody else use the middle mouse click+drag to control their camera? This is exclusively how I move my camera around. If I'm not clicking to last hit or move, my middle mouse is pressed down and I'm moving the camera to see everything. If shit is breaking out farther away, I just click the map. I always see people move the mouse to the edge of the screen and that's just too damn slow and not intuitive to me.

Used to use wasd for camera control and I honestly liked that a lot more, but once I got into assigning control groups I found that I needed to have skills on qwer and groups on 1234.

Also, I've noticed that whenever I timber chain away with timby, he will cast the chain, turn around and attack some random shit, and then zip back if the chain connects. What the hell is up with this? I have auto attack off and I was killed twice last night because my hero decided to turn around after casting chain, walked a little towards an enemy, and I got caught out.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
How the fuck am I supposed to him M?? I can't use the right side of the keys unless I take my hand off the mouse.

Just remap it to something else.

Or lift your wrist off your keyboard
you neanderthal.

I see a lot of camera control talk going on.... anybody else use the middle mouse click+drag to control their camera?

I think inkls does this, or at least he used to. I remember him having pretty good camera control when I was spectating him.

Karakand

You focused on the almost-homograph flub up when the real problem with that sentence was the use of judicious as an adjective to describe the presence of 2 (!!!) postscripts in a digital transmission. (There is no need for postscripts in a digital communication.)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Postcripts have, with the advent of digital communication, become a rhetorical device. Pro's use of postcripts is perfectly valid!

ViviOggi

I see a lot of camera control talk going on.... anybody else use the middle mouse click+drag to control their camera? This is exclusively how I move my camera around. If I'm not clicking to last hit or move, my middle mouse is pressed down and I'm moving the camera to see everything. If shit is breaking out farther away, I just click the map. I always see people move the mouse to the edge of the screen and that's just too damn slow and not intuitive to me.

Used to use wasd for camera control and I honestly liked that a lot more, but once I got into assigning control groups I found that I needed to have skills on qwer and groups on 1234.

Also, I've noticed that whenever I timber chain away with timby, he will cast the chain, turn around and attack some random shit, and then zip back if the chain connects. What the hell is up with this? I have auto attack off and I was killed twice last night because my hero decided to turn around after casting chain, walked a little towards an enemy, and I got caught out.

M3 scrolling is the best

Top Bottom