• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Looks like neil is now shadowbanned on reddit too.
This is just stupid. Like 90% of Dota cinema's content is posted by other users unaffiliated with dc.

I think a reddit admin has some vendetta against esports or something, this is seriously making me question my use of reddit if they're going to be dweebs about everything

kvk1

It's probably the Riot paid mods from the LoL subreddit influencing global moderation.

I have no idea what I'm talking about and/or what happened.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
yea this is the work of riot

next move, r/dota2 links redirect to r/leaguoflegends

All the major community members of the Dota 2 community are going to be banned on reddit at this rate lol. Workshop contributors are probably next.

How ridiculous, this is just shameful to watch unfold. I wonder how long before reddit goes the way of digg.

All the major community members of the Dota 2 community are going to be banned on reddit at this rate lol. Workshop contributors are probably next.

How ridiculous, this is just shameful to watch unfold. I wonder how long before reddit goes the way of digg.

there's nowhere else for them to go to though. all the other communities are either too small (this one, for example) or considered "toxic"/bad somehow (nadota, playdota, d2g)

valve is probably not interested in promoting their forums for this too, since it's not a job one of their employees would find interesting

Razzer

"You have randomed Dazzle!"

'Sweet, this should be fun, I love this hero!'

"Enemy dude has randomed Ancient Apparition!"

'...'

Then an automatic Windows update shut down my laptop after I had just won us the early game by ganking ( and getting exp from pulls etc). I get back and we still manage to win... and I just found out I got an abandon for it.

Sigh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know what I find a bit odd. I thought reddit shadow bans were there for bots, so people running them wouldn't notice quuckly. Shouldn't the likes of Matt and Neil have been given a normal ban if they are breaking some rule?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
But you and everyone in here has always said radiance is generally a crap item and should only be bought if you can get it quickly, like before 20 minutes. If things are rough at all in your lane (which often happens to a Spectra), should you still get it?

Spectre is one of the only heroes that a mid-game radiance is good on. The increased ability to afk farm with the synergy from her global teamfight presence and the fact that it carries to all of her illusions and makes every teamfight miserable for the enemy team pushes it over the edge IMO

shira

I think it will be neat. People will have to rely on others to post stuff and people will have to be more critical in upvoting, instead of CBSmatt name recognition.

If content is good enough it will find it's way onto the front page instead of mods bumping the same old people to the top everyday. It was starting to feel like Matt could almost manipulate threads to get insane amount of upvotes no matter what the topic was simply by commenting.

ksan

so i just had a spectre game where i instapicked her, next two people picked furion and ember, after that one of the two remaining guys raged, and said that he was going duo offlane with the other player
so i was stuck solo safe with spectre against windrunner, pretty much an impossible lane for anything else than leeching experience
still had great success with getting the few last hits i could get, going vanguard->diff->manta in a slow pace, only using haunt to get to the fights and tping back to get any farm i could
I really think spectre is an amazing hero in pubs, it's practically a timer regardless of how it is going, the most important thing is that you farm the best you can given your situation. This time my team mates got on all other lanes, including jungle, so any farm I got was a huge deal.

And why did I go diffusal? If you're radiance is done post 20-25 min, it's probably not gonna do much. Diffusal is actually a heavier carry item, and gives you a better transition to the late game. Radiance is especially good when it can leverage your farm, or cancel the first important blinks of your enemy supports, but otherwise if you're going for late game items diffusal is really fucking good and is even actually still good in your "6-slot".

I think it will be neat. People will have to rely on others to post stuff and people will have to be more critical in upvoting, instead of CBSmatt name recognition.

If content is good enough it will find it's way onto the front page instead of mods bumping the same old people to the top everyday. It was starting to feel like Matt could almost manipulate threads to get insane amount of upvotes no matter what the topic was simply by commenting.

Dota 2 Reddit is the closest thing we have to an official forum. Anything Matt would have posted is probably going to make it to the top anyway, so it seems entirely pointless and we'll lose good insight from Matt in comments sections of random questions. When does the line get drawn? Are tournaments at risk of making announcements via reddit? Are workshop artists unable to gain feedback before they submit a set?

Chipping in to say hello. I have 700 hours but I still suck and haven't posted on dotaGAF. I didn't think I was worthy enough.

My winrate is 47% if anyone wants to learn how to play badly at 20fps with the render bar down all the way, I'm your man.

ksan

#reminiscingaboutoldtimes
Jgspdin.png

rxAYG4v.png

http://dotabuff.com/matches/605640179

how to (wo)man-fight Huskar with Lina.

Step 1) Have max passive.

Step 2.) Purchase Desolator

Step 3.) :3
pfft, i wanna see that shit when you go lina carry from the get to
kinda ham still... ;*

ksan

Chipping in to say hello. I have 700 hours but I still suck and haven't posted on dotaGAF. I didn't think I was worthy enough.

My winrate is 47% if anyone wants to learn how to play badly at 20fps with the render bar down all the way, I'm your man.

Man, unless you post your own theories about what's imba when you aren't literally arteezy, there's no reason to not post here. That's the only time when you actually get shit talked here.

BeesEight

This is just stupid. Like 90% of Dota cinema's content is posted by other users unaffiliated with dc.

I think a reddit admin has some vendetta against esports or something, this is seriously making me question my use of reddit if they're going to be dweebs about everything

This is what got you questioning reddit? :p

But yeah, that subreddit has been sort of floundering on a lot of fronts for awhile now. I used to go for the discussion when the game was in early beta. Granted, most of it was fairly basic things about game mechanics or what heroes do but it seems that you're likely to get an actual game thread once in a blue moon when everything else is just people posting fanart, people advertising tournaments or people posting something a streamer did in the last 24 hours.

FACE

Banned
"You have randomed Dazzle!"

'Sweet, this should be fun, I love this hero!'

"Enemy dude has randomed Ancient Apparition!"

'...'

Then an automatic Windows update shut down my laptop after I had just won us the early game by ganking ( and getting exp from pulls etc). I get back and we still manage to win... and I just found out I got an abandon for it.

Sigh.

Ice Blast counters Shadow Weave, Shallow Grave counters Ice Blast(for one hero, anyway). Not that bad of a match up.

Sibylus

Banned
What would it take for the Dota community to even come close to matching the quality of Draskyl's music selection?

#whereisthedadmusic

Why the hell would you watch cwm's stream? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Did you appreciate the echo->blink dota THAT much?

I just used to go on his channel and ask him if he used to look up to Hagi and if he had pictures of Hagi on his wall and did he want to be Hagi when he was younger.

Satch

Banned
im gonna start streaming last out of everyone

id hate to overshadow everyone with my impeccable taste in music before you even have a chance to begin

Man, unless you post your own theories about what's imba when you aren't literally arteezy, there's no reason to not post here. That's the only time when you actually get shit talked here.

i, too, am glad only the top chefs in the world can complain about the food they're eating. fucking plebs don't know how to taste things

i heard the best chefs in a certain european country love eating shit. can't wait to hear from all their followers who will surely enjoy such delicacy

i, too, am glad only the top chefs in the world can complain about the food they're eating. fucking plebs don't know how to taste things

i heard the best chefs in a certain european country love eating shit. can't wait to hear from all their followers who will surely enjoy such delicacy

he never said you weren't able to

just that you might get dogpiled by doing so

manfestival

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat. I have a recurring nightmare of drifting to my computer, opening up my Dota 2 Streams bookmark and not seeing that 15k streamer, so as I click on arteezy's stream all I hear is Yung Lean in the background and derivatives of "we won boys". I try to prove Singu has higher mmr and scream "mimimi" but to no avail. Then, a dim light ignites the room, and I see the whole of team C9 surrounding me. "victory stream 20 minutes from now http://twitch.tv/sing_sing" Singu says with a grin on his face. As he pulls down his pants, Singu says "Shoot Arrow Catch Arrow". This is the point where I usually wake up. I haven't slept well for weeks and I'm waiting for someone to give the teams the beating they deserve. I'm beginning to think TI4 might be my last chance, and I'm praying for Singu to take

Vaporak

Dota 2 Reddit is the closest thing we have to an official forum. Anything Matt would have posted is probably going to make it to the top anyway, so it seems entirely pointless and we'll lose good insight from Matt in comments sections of random questions. When does the line get drawn? Are tournaments at risk of making announcements via reddit? Are workshop artists unable to gain feedback before they submit a set?

Dota2 actually does have an official forum, but who really wants to post there.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/

Top Bottom