• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

he never said you weren't able to

just that you might get dogpiled by doing so

it's the same. people "dogpile" due to believing that. and it's limited to that simply because that's as far as people can take it (in order words, can't actually stop others from posting about it)

i'm not gonna derail the thread into this meta argument bs though, so this is my last post about it

Karakand

Chipping in to say hello. I have 700 hours but I still suck and haven't posted on dotaGAF. I didn't think I was worthy enough.

My winrate is 47% if anyone wants to learn how to play badly at 20fps with the render bar down all the way, I'm your man.

Welcome fellow Trench All-Star, it's np, you can post itt, just always remember before clicking the Submit Reply button:

1. It's always your teammates' fault you lost even though you tried to shackle someone in a dual lane of Kunkka and Mirana.

2. If your teammates don't speak the primary language of whatever server you're in queue on, they're terrible people and Valve needs to protect us from such behavior with a region locking walled world and / or a LARP of 1985's Come and See.

3. If you're live posting a professional game, be sure to not (1) name the competition in any of your posts and (2) not link a live stream of the competition in any of your posts.

ksan

i, too, am glad only the top chefs in the world can complain about the food they're eating. fucking plebs don't know how to taste things

i heard the best chefs in a certain european country love eating shit. can't wait to hear from all their followers who will surely enjoy such delicacy

it was real talk, no valuation if it's right or not
he never said you weren't able to

just that you might get dogpiled by doing so

this man understands

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat. I have a recurring nightmare of drifting to my computer, opening up my Dota 2 Streams bookmark and not seeing that 15k streamer, so as I click on arteezy's stream all I hear is Yung Lean in the background and derivatives of "we won boys". I try to prove Singu has higher mmr and scream "mimimi" but to no avail. Then, a dim light ignites the room, and I see the whole of team C9 surrounding me. "victory stream 20 minutes from now http://twitch.tv/sing_sing" Singu says with a grin on his face. As he pulls down his pants, Singu says "Shoot Arrow Catch Arrow". This is the point where I usually wake up. I haven't slept well for weeks and I'm waiting for someone to give the teams the beating they deserve. I'm beginning to think TI4 might be my last chance, and I'm praying for Singu to take

It was in response to that.

Pls don't put me on your ignore list.

Satch

Banned
god i hate you people shut the fuck up hating each other is so 2012

what happened to loving your fellow dota poster

everyday you ingrates are mad at someone whether its sandwich guy or hylian or this guy above with the moose avatar and theyre always angry back at the rest of you guys just fucking stop

god damn morans in here making me so mad. shit man just fucking buff earth shit again so we can unite against his tyranny like back in the olden days as a family

im gonna drink margaritas when i get home :))))))))))))))))))

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just got a bottle of this I'll be drinking later:
BakersBourbon.jpg

Glix

Solo ranked. Solo the offlane with AA. PA darts me and tries to dive me under tower. I frozen feet and kite him around the tower, he freezes, I chilling touch, and end him.

This is what I learned:

1. I love this fucking game.

2. The things that happen at my mmr are ludicrous.

So here's a question:

Aside from the obvious trolling abuse possibilities, would Eul's be too good if you could use it on allies?

Would be like having a Shadow Demon disrupt for a 2700g item. It's already been steadily buffed in at least the last 4 versions. Would be interesting to test out and see how it affects the game at least.

Haly

Your instinct is correct in that it would be very strong, because Eul's worked that way in HoN and it was a very strong item there, but it wouldn't be "too good".

Glix

So here's a question:

Aside from the obvious trolling abuse possibilities, would Eul's be too good if you could use it on allies?

Would be like having a Shadow Demon disrupt for a 2700g item. It's already been steadily buffed in at least the last 4 versions. Would be interesting to test out and see how it affects the game at least.

I play AA a lot so I'm down with the Euls. I think about this when I play and I'm pretty sure it would be way too good. I find using it on myself is amazing, and turns around a lot of shitty situations. To be able to do that on ANY member of the team, I think, would be very very strong.

Haly

Leaked 6.81 changelog:

Code:
Puck
-Puck's class is now Fae Drake

Hylian7

Welcome fellow Trench All-Star, it's np, you can post itt, just always remember before clicking the Submit Reply button:

1. It's always your teammates' fault you lost even though you tried to shackle someone in a dual lane of Kunkka and Mirana.

2. If your teammates don't speak the primary language of whatever server you're in queue on, they're terrible people and Valve needs to protect us from such behavior with a region locking walled world and / or a LARP of 1985's Come and See.

3. If you're live posting a professional game, be sure to not (1) name the competition in any of your posts and (2) not link a live stream of the competition in any of your posts.
I never blanmed my teammates in that match...

I can easily see some like Team Liquid, Gosu or Joindota being next on the ban list and if these rules include self posts say goodbye to Ayesee, BTS and more.

The Dota 2 sub is basically no longer going to be a central news aggregator once they have finished.

All of this is really tempting me to go forward with my concept of a new Dota 2 community hub that I have been thinking of for a while now.

Quesa

I can easily see some like Team Liquid, Gosu or Joindota being next on the ban list and if these rules include self posts say goodbye to Ayesee, BTS and more.

The Dota 2 sub is basically no longer going to be a central news aggregator once they have finished.

All of this is really tempting me to go forward with my concept of a new Dota 2 community hub that I have been thinking of for a while now.

But matt Gaf already has a dota thread

Haly

Please do Cyborg, except no infinite sub forums like playdota.

That shit is a disaster.

HOLY SHIT chat bans are so fucking stupid. I keep having to take abuse from completely oblivious teammates while I try to support them as hard as I can. What's the ban actually fixing?? You can already mute people in game! I got so disheartened with this sorry situation that I actually abandoned a game because of it. I think my 14th abandon in 2000+ games.

If you have to punish people, just ban them from queuing with strangers outright for 24 hours. That way you don't have to suffer through the pain of trying to play with, or as, a chat banned player.

:(((

Please do Cyborg, except no infinite sub forums like playdota.

That shit is a disaster.
It will still be in a similar style to Reddit except I would have content broken down into tabs, you would have a home tab that would bring everything together but on top of that you would have esports, workshop, artwork etc.

Use Steam openid for the login, all Dota 2 players have a Steam account.

Reddit's base algorithms are pretty flawed to, that is going to be the hardest part. I mean the fact that you can vote on something without even visiting the link just tells you everything.

Honestly its very early days, still planning out a lot of different ideas.

Haly

Reddit's base algorithms are pretty flawed to, that is going to be the hardest part. I mean the fact that you can vote on something without even visiting the link just tells you everything.

Does there have to be voting?

Top Bottom