• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Any one at PAX East and got their hands on this little bastard before me?

Bk_QU2jIIAAr1xv.jpg

Does there have to be voting?
There has to be something in place to help filter out poor content.
Thacker's Peruvian rants.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There has to be something in place to help filter out poor content.
Thacker's Peruvian rants.

NeoGAF just locks threads and bans users. Or they die of their own accord.

NeoGAF just locks threads and bans users. Or they die of their own accord.

Yeah but you have to have mods and stuff. Reddit is more for what do you guys want to talk about (or the illusion of it at least), message boards everyone gets a fair shake but there are people who volunteer to their time to eliminate the ones who have shown they don't deserve it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The doto polos are of a high quality. Shame the XL seems more like a XT, shit goes down to my knees almost.

Shit, I had to order an XL for my Normal Dota Polo, I hope the Large isn't overly large ether.

Yeah but you have to have mods and stuff. Reddit is more for what do you guys want to talk about (or the illusion of it at least), message boards everyone gets a fair shake but there are people who volunteer to their time to eliminate the ones who have shown they don't deserve it.

Individual subs can just ban users, and there is normal bans too, as opposed to Shadow Bans (Which were designed for bots, but seem to be dolled out to real users these days)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The bone out of my king.

11ibIzt.jpg
I really do think Valve changed Skeleton King to Wraith King on their own accord, and likely not due directly to Blizzard forcing it. People constantly called him Leroic and associated him with the Diabo Character, which was likely undesirable for Valve. Similar to Wind Runner, Blizzard likely couldn't actually claim copyright on the name, people would still associate it with the Warcraft Character. Its not so much Blizzard's saying 'You can't call them that", it more that Valve doesn't want their characters seen as rip offs of Blizzard's.

Milabrega

Whatever you do Matt, don't make too many subsections and don't make it light text on a dark background. I dunno what your CBS contract is like but if you can make it separate do so, that way you own the tangible asset if its a success not them.

Dark theme people are monsters. Monsters who certainly deserve it as an option.

Haly

Give me a dark theme though, I need my dark theme.

Haly

Isn't that why Volvo gave us MMR? Since it's already tied to your steam ID, just make the winrates public, so you can see if xXxRtzFan420xXx is 30% win rate copper scum or 70% win rate 5k elite.

Karakand

Dark theme people are monsters. Monsters who certainly deserve it as an option.

mah brega :dap:

i've always wondered how dark theme people handle natural light... do they hiss and recoil from it a la bart simpson when he sold his soul to millhouse? (spoilers)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Shit, I had to order an XL for my Normal Dota Polo, I hope the Large isn't overly large ether.

I have all three in large. They are slim fitting, but made to fit buffer or larger people than I, edit: most noticeably in the shoulders.

They are long though, which is good for me.

i've always wondered how dark theme people handle natural light... do they hiss and recoil from it a la bart simpson when he sold his soul to millhouse? (spoilers)

seeing a bright page huge.

Haly

Kind of, yeah.

Dark theme + f.lux = gently making love to my eyeballs

Vamlock

I had mentioned before, but it was right after Anuxi did her giveaway, so it probably got lost in the shuffle. I have a hotel booked for TI with a friend that has two queen beds. We can share a queen if someone else (or two) wants to join us to take the other bed in order to bring the price down some. I'm booked Thursday to Tuesday. It's not a fancy hotel. PM me if interested and I can share more details.

Also, anyone wanna make a team for fun to enter the ESL One qualifiers?

shira

I had mentioned before, but it was right after Anuxi did her giveaway, so it probably got lost in the shuffle. I have a hotel booked for TI with a friend that has two queen beds. We can share a queen if someone else (or two) wants to join us to take the other bed in order to bring the price down some. I'm booked Thursday to Tuesday. It's not a fancy hotel. PM me if interested and I can share more details.

Also, anyone wanna make a team for fun to enter the ESL One qualifiers?

Did you hit tobe? I think he wanted to split a room.

shoot pm --> hit pm

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107746776&postcount=7601
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=70583

Karakand

the real reason radiant has a higher winrate in long games is because their side is bright

dire players fall asleep looking at their dark theme for 50 minutes + dota's bright spell effects discombobulate them

#CrackedTheCode

FACE

Banned
Welcome fellow Trench All-Star, it's np, you can post itt, just always remember before clicking the Submit Reply button:

1. It's always your teammates' fault you lost even though you tried to shackle someone in a dual lane of Kunkka and Mirana.

2. If your teammates don't speak the primary language of whatever server you're in queue on, they're terrible people and Valve needs to protect us from such behavior with a region locking walled world and / or a LARP of 1985's Come and See.

3. If you're live posting a professional game, be sure to not (1) name the competition in any of your posts and (2) not link a live stream of the competition in any of your posts.

I do this quite often, my bad. I'll remember to post a link to the stream before spamming this thread with my inane comments about the match.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
currently in a game with a 4 stack that refused to purchase courier, then fed it twice when it was purchased

edit: oh sweet, now one of them took my powertreads from the courier onto their own invo

shira

Fingers crossed for magic immunity or anti-cleave armor or something. Game gotta end sooner rather than later.

currently in a game with a 4 stack that refused to purchase courier, then fed it twice when it was purchased

Any one at PAX East and got their hands on this little bastard before me?

Bk_QU2jIIAAr1xv.jpg

Apparently the booth had 200 plushies and douchebags bought them in bulk.
I hope Ti4 has rules and checks in place to prevent this.
Shadowblade get! Thanks for that Thinkgeek deal!

http://a.pomf.se/cygymj.webm

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
12 game win streak

DON'T STOP ME NOW I'M HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME I'M HAVING A BALL
Forced 50 is a lie, just play better and work towards winning.
The doto polos are of a high quality. Shame the XL seems more like a XT, shit goes down to my knees almost.
I'd say high is debatable. I have two frays from just 2 days of wear, but thankfully they haven't gotten any worse.
They do look nice and are decent and far above many t-shirts for sure though.

Korean production value, hosting a fucking BBQ whilst discussing Dota.

eDZMIPM.jpg

Apparently the booth had 200 plushies and douchebags bought them in bulk.
I know there was only a very limited amount there but if they were sold in bulk that is disappointing to hear.

NBtoaster

I lost 2 games in a row as Phoenix :( Both times because of a crummy Ember Spirit on my team.

Tip: Don't max sleight if your lane is being destroyed by magic damage.

Conceptor

Apparently the booth had 200 plushies and douchebags bought them in bulk. I hope Ti4 has rules and checks in place to prevent this.
Are you serious? Ugh.... I asked a friend who was going to pick one up for me as he is there.

Last year at TI3 a few individuals bought out the majority of the Secret Shop too and resold everything

edit: KDL allstar match with money on the line! FEBBY VS TENBIRD

Kalnos

Banned
I really do think Valve changed Skeleton King to Wraith King on their own accord, and likely not due directly to Blizzard forcing it. People constantly called him Leroic and associated him with the Diabo Character, which was likely undesirable for Valve. Similar to Wind Runner, Blizzard likely couldn't actually claim copyright on the name, people would still associate it with the Warcraft Character. Its not so much Blizzard's saying 'You can't call them that", it more that Valve doesn't want their characters seen as rip offs of Blizzard's.

That may be true, but Wraith King is infinitely more lame regardless. At least that $2.50 set that came out makes him look less dopey.

Lotto

Did people actually bet rares on this All-Star match? Mass dagon gaming, lol glad to see the koreans having fun with this.

he keeps talking about bots and alts but i really doubt everyone involved in that that has been banned was involved with that

he even explicitly talks about how pimping your own site is fine

also it was a reddit wide mod, not just dota 2 mod and they weren't involved at all? weird

I have been on Reddit for years and they like my content, why would I all of sudden start using bots?

He speaks about Dota 2 mods looking after everything but none of them had any issues with me or my work and also none of them knew why I was banned.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I have been on Reddit for years and they like my content, why would I all of sudden start using bots?

He speaks about Dota 2 mods looking after everything but none of them had any issues with me or my work and also none of them knew why I was banned.
omg your avatar

As it turns out a lot of subreddits eventually have bad mod rotations (vanguard leaves) and sour relations. I mean I wanted to help /r/buildapc but they went circlejerking to Logan in the worst possible fashion throwing the scientific method down from the mountain of easy ignorance.

Kalnos

Banned
It really just doesn't make sense. Why would the admins feel the need to come into the r/Dota2 subreddit and begin moderating it themselves? Seems like the subreddit moderators had it handled.

They're handling it poorly because they won't say why they did it, and why they suddenly now care after all of this time.

Top Bottom