• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.twitch.tv/KDL_EN

A32nMtU.png
VPm8Bo5.png

rL3tU0u.jpg

2fYlKBn.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
said lazers

edit: fuck all you
git gud

ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ PUNCH HER ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ

xL4qaev.png

x8KJRLl.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
There really hasn't been Korean Doto, but all the production and pieces have been around forever for other games so it's an easy rollover.

ZqMfEJz.jpg

GgV3mHt.jpg

1pRgmCG.jpg

P6rHBG1.jpg

cnutyaM.jpg

I really hope the Korean scene continues to grow. Everyone seems positive on it, with purge even saying they're essentially power leveling them and it won't be long before zephyr is no longer competitive there.

I just can't help but be pessimistic about it as it seems they're just being beaten into the ground by these Americans who come over and fuck it let's just go play lol.

Chris R

I haven't had an AP game for some time. Single and Random mostly. Only had one "bad" game where I was stuck with shit and ended up on Chen. Went 0-5 before someone quit.

Need to stop drinking and play ranked AP games :>

How many games is the KDL finals? Outkast just started @ Cochella :(

Satch

Banned
lysander casting is so funny why dont we like it

also im enjoying my dotaritas :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Much Dagon, Many Zaps.

Really would like to see how Zephyr stands up decent teams though. They've just been clowning their way through the Korean competition. I mean they're obviously not tier 1, but watching them play (current) Fnatic, Rox.KIS, etc. could be interesting.

I have a friend who was ranting about how Zephyr are ruining the Korean Dota scene and how the best thing they can do is get out of Korea as soon as possible and that Purge sucks dick.

To give some context he writes for the LoL eSports site and he had just lost a game of CSGO 16-0.

Chris R

first blood before the start of the game...

Any chance the night until 0:00 change being talked about makes it into the next patch?

Sibylus

Banned
I have a friend who was ranting about how Zephyr are ruining the Korean Dota scene and how the best thing they can do is get out of Korea as soon as possible and that Purge sucks dick.

To give some context he writes for the LoL eSports site and he had just lost a game of CSGO 16-0.
Your friend is an idiot. Zephyr as a team wouldn't even exist without Febby (an indigenous member of the Korean Dota scene) blowing up the team Blitz was on in the first place.

Low Tier
Febbys toxic tho.
Despite how below the bar Zephyr are as a team on the international scale, they're still far above what competitive teams are like right now in Korea, and its seriously squandering the growth of other teams and any drive they have to win tournaments. Its akin to if EG or Navi were to play in B-tier leagues like SECS or TECS. Honestly they're overstaying just to grab at some recognition and some easy money, and maybe a guaranteed spot for ti4 cuz they're the #1 team in korea, but they're easily going to be the MUFC of this year. I mean for fucks sake I dont think they even have 1 korean on their team.

Zephyr is taking advantage of a fledgling scene and its absolutely disgusting imo

LoL is ruining the Korean DOTA scene more than Zephyr ever could. And the SC2 scene too to boot.

I guess people really like that game, though, and you can't fault talented people for following the money.

EDIT: And if Koreans are allowed to travel and stomp non-local B-leagues of white people (WCS America) in SC2, this is fair game
kappa

SamVimes

Febbys toxic tho.
Despite how below the bar Zephyr are as a team on the international scale, they're still far above what competitive teams are like right now in Korea, and its seriously squandering the growth of other teams and any drive they have to win tournaments. Its akin to if EG or Navi were to play in B-tier leagues like SECS or TECS. Honestly they're overstaying just to grab at some recognition and some easy money, and maybe a guaranteed spot for ti4 cuz they're the #1 team in korea, but they're easily going to be the MUFC of this year. I mean for fucks sake I dont think they even have 1 korean on their team.

Zephyr is taking advantage of a fledgling scene and its absolutely disgusting imo

I agree but i don't think they'll get a spot at ti4, they're gonna get in the qualifiers at most.

Sibylus

Banned
Zephyr staying in Korea is doing more damage to themselves than to the scene, imo. They're plateauing themselves hard at the rate the Korean competition is improving. Better to move shop to NA and fight to get to the top again.

Boken

Banned

Febbys toxic tho.

ur friend n 109 are sorta right tho. i wouldnt go as far as ruining the scene but i dont think its helpful. at least it isnt 4 international teams just stomping the Kscene.

its like if the knicks went to play in your college division n fuck all ur shits ups (sry no americano)

i still dont understand why nexon invited a bunch of top tier teams to stomp on the korean teams in the invitational woulda been total hype im sure. dota2 was up a few % a month after it came out, now its just all downhill.

Low Tier
Zephyr staying in Korea is doing more damage to themselves than to the scene, imo. They're plateauing themselves hard at the rate the Korean competition is improving. Better to move shop to NA and fight to get to the top again.

They honestly dont have the potential for that. None of them are grade A competitive players, why do you think they even went to Korea in the first place?

Sibylus

Banned
Lol, Zeph not even trying to hide how shloppy they're getting.

They honestly dont have the potential for that. None of them are grade A competitive players, why do you think they even went to Korea in the first place?
Certainly not grade A in the present, though I think ephemeral potential is less important than risks taken, opportunities pursued, and hard work.

Admittedly, Zephyr is scoring 0 in all three respects right now, so it's all more or less academic. They evidently care more about getting paid than being competitive.

#reminiscingaboutoldtimes
Jgspdin.png

rxAYG4v.png

pfft, i wanna see that shit when you go lina carry from the get to
kinda ham still... ;*
<3

Febbys toxic tho.

I don't see it this way. Having someone stomp the shit out of them is exactly what korean needs to get good at dota. Worst case scenario zephyr's just giving korean teams way better practice then they would have had otherwise while taking all their money. When you say that they're 'squandering the growth of other teams' I can't see how that's true unless all these people were only playing for money, and you'd have to be an idiot to play dota for money.

Zephyr should under no circumstances be invited to TI4, I think that would be really silly of valve. We'll probably get to point and laugh at them during the qualifiers though.

Top Bottom