• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Boken

Banned
<3

I don't see it this way. Having someone stomp the shit out of them is exactly what korean needs to get good at dota. Worst case scenario zephyr's just giving korean teams way better practice then they would have had otherwise while taking all their money. When you say that they're 'squandering the growth of other teams' I can't see how that's true unless all these people were only playing for money, and you'd have to be an idiot to play dota for money.

Zephyr should under no circumstances be invited to TI4, I think that would be really silly of valve. We'll probably get to point and laugh at them during the qualifiers though.

who does zephyr scrim with?

who does zephyr scrim with?
Google'd it :

It's hard to find practices before 8pm, so we generally just pub as much as we can to get individual skill up, watch replays of our opponents, and watch replays of ourselves. Specialized practice for matches generally involve watching the other team, and asking people like Fluff what to do and if he notices any patterns that the other team does. The teams we normally scrim are the top Korean ones, MVP Phoenix, MVP hot 6ix, 5inQ, some other random Korean teams, and a smattering of SEA teams such as Scythe, Orange, Mith.Trust, First Departure.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/dota-2/444142-zephyrblitz-talks-nsl

Madouu

In my opinion, If the korean teams are scrimming them often they will undoubtedly benefit from it, it might not show up in the near future but there's always more lessons to be learned from a loss than a win. Hopefully, they're taking as much notes as they can.

M.D

rip 13 game win streak

2014-2014

OD pings mid since the start after enemy team picks a zeus, then this guy picks pudge and goes mid

god fucking awful pudge, starts to talk shit when i told him it was a bad pick and OD was supposed to go there

calls me a noob and sits at the fountain saying "report me"

this is the game i know!

Boken

Banned
In my opinion, If the korean teams are scrimming them often they will undoubtedly benefit from it, it might not show up in the near future but there's always more lessons to be learned from a loss than a win. Hopefully, they're taking as much notes as they can.
Yeah its alright
Good to see bkid streaming some dota, the hon>doto pro players transition is almost complete now.
I saw testies playing league the other day

Can someone explain this to me because I'm properly dumb.

People are getting banned from Reddit because they're linking their own sites. And it's more than just Dota 2 people?

shira

I need someone who is actually good at making mockups, mine suck.

http://i.imgur.com/jy1dvlY.png

Do you want these ideas of a new forum reposted on r/dota2?
I'm sure they could whip up exactly what you want in a few hours.

Also not sure what phase of development your scheme is in or if you want the general public to know what you post here or don't tweet.

iFX9ms92tKaps.png

https://twitter.com/LDdota/status/454830500289732608

RIP LD

BeesEight

Well, the first thing Valve could do is stop blatantly copying Blizzard designs.

Seriously though, those voice clips have made me really appreciate the work done on Puck.

it'll be successful just because it's a blizzard game

just like hearthstone

Basically. I guess it depends what definition of flop we use. I seriously doubt Heroes will make any significant impact on the LoL/Dota 2 scene either player or competitive wise but it'll make Blizzard enough money to justify the development expense based on their built in core audience alone.

Ketch

I seriously don't think zephyr is good enough to cause any damage to the Korean scene. Once these teams start figuring out how to play (oh,you're supposed to get all the last hits?) then they will start beating zephyr simply because they know how to run an esport team. Zephyr won't be able to keep up.

I'm glad to see some Americans kicking ass in Korea though, seen it the other way around plenty of times in SC. And I'm also happy to see purge living his dream, even if he had to play against children to do it.

Anybody not part of the Korean dota scene that's mad about this is just a jelly h8r. And if you are part of the Korean scene, time to get good cus zephyr is kind of trash tier anyway.

shira

I seriously don't think zephyr is good enough to cause any damage to the Korean scene. Once these teams start figuring out how to play (oh,you're supposed to get all the last hits?) then they will start beating zephyr simply because they know how to run an esport team. Zephyr won't be able to keep up.
Mechanically they are fine, it's decision making, drafting, and scenario familiarity which they don't have and you can only gain over time.

Nexon Super Invitational and inclusion in Starladder and ESL Frankfurt will help, but someone like Puppey will be outdrafting them until the Koreans can either get good enough to out-meta the meta or shape the meta - like Alliance did last year.

Razzer

Mechanically they are fine, it's decision making, drafting, and scenario familiarity which they don't have and you can only gain over time.

Nexon Super Invitational and inclusion in Starladder and ESL Frankfurt will help, but someone like Puppey will be outdrafting them until the Koreans can either get good enough to out-meta the meta or shape the meta - like Alliance did last year.

To be fair, though it took him till the finals to do it Puppey worked out Alliance too, just the infamous decision-making that cost them it. Dude's a Dota genius.

So my Tide polo doesn't fit and I get alch bracers out of my lockless box, the third I've unboxed from them

Well this is a good day...

At least it was only 8 dollars lol

Ketch

Maybe they're mechanically fine, but in every other esport in Korea the Koreans are mechanically perfect (hyperbole! I know).

And I'm not trying to stereotype, it's just what the scene in Korea provides... The ability to practice more then everyone else. That's why they dominant in SC. Maybe the international, and all the other online dota tournaments, level the playing field a bit.

I think they will get big based mostly on their execution... They may not be able to out strategize a puppey, but they'll be able to execute a navi strategy better then navi.

But either way they should surpass zypher easily.... Korean teams aren't going to be giving up on an esport just because some Americans are beating them. Never gonna happen.

Top Bottom