• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

I haven't played too many games of qw but qe is like 10 times more fun and you also don't get shit on in lane so I'll probably keep doing that.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I could see the EMP changes being reversed but honestly, when I stroll into mid I'm more scared of QE than QW. QW takes a lot of work to pull off which, I guess, is more pertinent to your bracket than mine, but I feel relatively safe against QW.

I also feel stronger playing as QE, because of the presence he exerts in his lane and in other lanes, something QW lacks entirely.

SO heavy.

QW is such a joke that even I can play it and faceroll effectively. Tornado + EMP is ridiculously easy to hit now and all you need are 3-4 spells to be effective in fights--cold snap, tornado, EMP, and ghost walk.

My ideal nerf is to see the damage component of EMP completely removed, forces q/w invokers to put a few points in exort if they want more damage in team fights (along with the insane control q/w brings). Also reduces his solo kill potential which is stupid right now with ghost walk.

Also dotabuff winrates are generally meaningless from a balancing perspective cause most people are awful at this game.
Dotametrics and the competitive scene are much better measures.

Puck is completely fine. He simply has a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling. And as acknowledged most people suck at dota. So put the two and two together and you get a low winrate. Now let's take wk, high skill floor, not so high ceiling. Do the maths.

Raytow

I keep winning with Lycan, but my god is the hero so boring, might use him in ranked to see if it helps me to get out of the trench, but in regular match nuh uh, boring ass tower pusher...

Duesy

QW is such a joke that even I can play it and faceroll effectively. Tornado + EMP is ridiculously easy to hit now and all you need are 3-4 spells to be effective in fights--cold snap, tornado, EMP, and ghost walk.

My ideal nerf is to see the damage component of EMP completely removed, forces q/w invokers to put a few points in exort if they want more damage in team fights (along with the insane control q/w brings). Also reduces his solo kill potential which is stupid right now with ghost walk.

Also dotabuff winrates are generally meaningless from a balancing perspective cause most people are awful at this game.
Dotametrics and the competitive scene are much better measures.

Definitely agree that emp needs a nerf. 540 mana is 100% of most strength and agility heroes' mana, effectively nullifying their skills and making them creeps. The timing is brain dead easy too. For the first few levels all you need to do is emp before you hit them with tornado and it is pretty much a guaranteed hit if they don't have some sort of blink. When he hits level 6, he is able to kill pretty much anyone if they are below 75% with that combo.

QE is pretty broken too if you can land some sun strikes in the early game. The faster you reach level 10, the faster the game is over. They may have nerfed forged spirits a bit but they are still extremely strong against everyone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
\Also dotabuff winrates are generally meaningless from a balancing perspective cause most people are awful at this game.

Ice pays more attention to pub stats now than he did before, as evidence by the 6.76 Drow nerfs.

Hylian7

Ice pays more attention to pub stats now than he did before, as evidence by the 6.76 Drow nerfs.
I can't find it, which patch was she removed from CM briefly? I remember constant changes to her as she would go back and fourth from being OP to useless.

Calidor

Defeaning Blast is sooo good.. so underused as well! disable + disarm + damage, also unlike tornado you can overlap EMP with it at the same time!

Just make it reduce intellect temporarily.

so you can combo it with od

My issue is that it forces you to go back to base early game unless you have decent mana regen. It effectively ruins pushing and early game team fights at the same time.

A New puck set is going to be bundled with a ticket and that old pudge gladiator set is now set up to be sold on its own, so I guess it won't be tied to the ticket anymore?

Chris R

I like the end of duplicates, but I'm still more likely to buy something from the market as it will be cheaper 95% of the time.

If it isn't then I'll risk it and open a box or two.

Though I'd open more boxes if those damn keys went on sale at some point.

ReRixo

Banned
so I can trade for the shitty rares from a chest so that when I use a key it guarantees I get something good? then trade away the shitty rares for no loss

sounds good, but it may inflate the price of shitty rares and decrease the value of the good sets from chests

Kade

BjMkhFHCIAAQ1g6.png:large

Chris R

so I can trade for the shitty rares from a chest so that when I use a key it guarantees I get something good? then trade away the shitty rares for no loss

sounds good, but it may inflate the price of shitty rares and decrease the value of the good sets from chests

Doubt it works that way. I bet it keeps things on the backend to know what you have received.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody still thinking about putting the moves on Dendi's sister...

IsXvmRm.png

You've been warned.

Quesa

Okay I wanna try out push lycan tonight. Any recs? Jungle/lane? Skill/item builds? Amount of swag necessary to pull off?

Demoli

Okay I wanna try out push lycan tonight. Any recs? Jungle/lane? Skill/item builds? Amount of swag necessary to pull off?

Both Jungle and Lane are fine. Max wolves then Howl. Vlads -> threads ->medallion ->Necro.No swag whatsoever in mindnumbingly walking up to a tower, pressing w, and pushing it down with no real danger. No finesse needed.

0/10 hero.

Its pretty standard, there isn't much choice for deviation. Vladds, Treads, medallion and then either necro or bkb. BKB if they are responding to your split pushing and have sufficicent CC, necro otherwise. He's still a beast team fighter, so if your team doesn't have a strong split push then you can start gearing him toward things like basher, armlet or ac. His feral impulse affects just base damage iirc, so 30% more benefit from armlet can be pretty beast.

I still play him jungle, get shield/quelling/tangos. Don't be afraid to walk back to base if you're low on health or mana, lycan's jungle starts slow but once you get to level 5 you can clear most of it on just one pack of wolves. There might be a better starting build for jungle, haven't really experimented.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't think taking dupes away makes opening chests more or less worthwhile than it was. I still just want specific items out of chests and the common items are cheaper than the cost of a key.

swap EMP and Deafening Blast invocations

*cackles maniacally*
Both are awfully easy, though. If you put EMP on one of the more awkward combinations maybe that would help? Maybe WWQ? Idk.

I don't think taking dupes away makes opening chests more or less worthwhile than it was. I still just want specific items out of chests and the common items are cheaper than the cost of a key.
I assume the value proposition will be made with the quality of the bonus items you could possibly get.

LiQuid!

I assume the value proposition will be made with the quality of the bonus items you could possibly get.
The bonus items you could get have usually been a good value proposition in the past. The mythical+ items from many old chests can be incredibly valuable. You're still going to get the same amount of common items on the way to getting that one big score, you will just be going thru a rotation instead of getting one at random.

Both Jungle and Lane are fine. Max wolves then Howl. Vlads -> threads ->medallion ->Necro.No swag whatsoever in mindnumbingly walking up to a tower, pressing w, and pushing it down with no real danger. No finesse needed.

0/10 hero.

don't listen to him, Lycan is a man fight hero. That rat dota stuff is in the past. Just man up and right click wins

dmshaposv

So guys what is the best way to play doom?

Jungle lvl 1? Or lane and jungle after a few levls (like lycan).

What items should i build to help my team early on? Shadow blade ulti? Mek for team or afk farm that radiance?

Ive played four games so far with him and need to learn when to go in fights and when to farm with him.

xanavi

The point is that it's hilariously hard to maximize Deafening Blast, making EMP require QWE would make for some awkward scaling.

Problem is EMP doesn't have that many scaling components. I guess you'd go back to scaling the formation time but have that change with quas and have exort scale the damage multiplier? I actually like the sound of that but making deafening blast scale only with wex in exchange sounds way too strong.

TheCrow

So guys what is the best way to play doom?

Jungle lvl 1? Or lane and jungle after a few levls (like lycan).

What items should i build to help my team early on? Shadow blade ulti? Mek for team or afk farm that radiance?

Ive played four games so far with him and need to learn when to go in fights and when to farm with him.
In the 116 games I've played with doom I prefer to lane but jungle can work too if you have the team composition.

As for items I like to go for basher after phase boots and then ac our Vlad's depending on how my farm is going.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

6.76 drow was partially a dota 1 reaction, dota 1 was still getting publicity and still had a decent scene, and they first picked or first banned drow every game (blame the pinoys).

yeah ice pays attention to pub whining here and there (pl, sb), but I still like to think 95% of his balance changes are in accordance with competitive. Balance around the top and address severe outliers at the bottom gg no re.

according to dotabuff we need to nerf wraith king and buff anti-mage. sounds legit

Ketch

I've had a lot more success in solo que then when I play with friends... and I think that's mostly because my friends are way better then me, so playing at their level is like training in a gravitation chamber.

I'm basically vegetaKrillen

Top Bottom