• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

ElyrionX

I'm like 100% positive that there were versions of Aeon of Strife with "evolving" pokemanz. In those crazy ass ones where you could buy books of +agi and shit, your dude would evolve when he got to certain levels.

I am so legit that I even know what Aeon of Strife is though I had no idea there were versions based on Pokemon.

GorillaJu

I am so legit that I even know what Aeon of Strife is though I had no idea there were versions based on Pokemon.

Well you know there were versions that had all sorts of silliness. I may be mixing it up with an angel arena map, or something but I definitely recall pokemon-named heroes. I think even Starcraft had some "evolving" versions of V-Tec paintball.

Holy shit, V-Tec paintball. :lol that game was the Dota of its time.

Elyrion youre from SEA right? Maybe you can answer this question:

wtf does 'sohai' mean? Does it mean 'cunt'? I see it written out about 100 times per game when I play on SEA. It's especially funny when it's combined with english. Like "u farm for fk? sohai a bit" I'm also not too sure what 'for fuck' means. It seems to be used in a disapproving way. Like if you're ganking and they don't want you to gank, they'll say "u gank for fk" or something.

ElyrionX

Elyrion youre from SEA right? Maybe you can answer this question:

wtf does 'sohai' mean? Does it mean 'cunt'? I see it written out about 100 times per game when I play on SEA. It's especially funny when it's combined with english. Like "u farm for fk? sohai a bit" I'm also not too sure what 'for fuck' means. It seems to be used in a disapproving way. Like if you're ganking and they don't want you to gank, they'll say "u gank for fk" or something.

Sohai is a Cantonese vulgurity as far as I am aware. More likely to be used by Hong Kongers and Malaysians. Not exactly sure what it means. And I don't see it being used much when playing on SEA. It's not used by Singaporeans.

"u gang for fk" basically is disapproval of you ganking. Say if you buy Armlet on CM, a rude player would say, "you buy armlet on cm for fuck?" or "you buy armlet on cm for what? For fuck?". This one is Singaporean lingo.

Where are you from?

GorillaJu

Sohai is a Cantonese vulgurity as far as I am aware. More likely to be used by Hong Kongers and Malaysians. Not exactly sure what it means. And I don't see it being used much when playing on SEA. It's not used by Singaporeans.

"u gang for fk" basically is disapproval of you ganking. Say if you buy Armlet on CM, a rude player would say, "you buy armlet on cm for fuck?" or "you buy armlet on cm for what? For fuck?". This one is Singaporean lingo.

Where are you from?

I'm American but I play on SEA sometimes.

Quesa

A nintendo moba would be bad because they have a comfort zone of about 3 feet now and when they leave it people die

Hylian7

I swear TB is like a super Venomancer in trilanes. 60% MS and AS slow on level 1. LEVEL ONE.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/571604318

Also Shallow Grave + Sunder is ridiculous and this game was the first time I got to try that combo. I got graved in a fight in their base right in a clusterfuck of their team and was able to get a Sunder off during the Shallow Grave with 1HP.

That was easily one of the best trilanes I have ever participated in.

manfestival

I swear TB is like a super Venomancer in trilanes. 60% MS and AS slow on level 1. LEVEL ONE.

Also Shallow Grave + Sunder is ridiculous and this game was the first time I got to try that combo. I got graved in a fight in their base right in a clusterfuck of their team and was able to get a Sunder off during the Shallow Grave with 1HP.

You still owe me that 1v1 mid manmode with axe

ElyrionX

Gonna get nerfed for sure. The hero is ridiculously strong.

Hylian7

Gonna get nerfed for sure. The hero is ridiculously strong.
Yeah, he is. Who needs nukes when you can pop Meta and just right click them?

I've always wondered why Meta isn't his ultimate. Was it ever his ultimate in Dota 1? I know it might as well be, but I can see that Sunder would be OP if it wasn't an ultimate.

Wok

Morphling is really fun to play. You spend most of the game switching between strength and agility and you are almost impossible to kill. I dislike the ultimate though.

Basically, if people try to gank you, press D and W and run away.

FACE

Banned
Morphling is really fun to play. You spend most of the game switching between strength and agility and you are almost impossible to kill. I dislike the ultimate though.

Basically, if people try to gank you, press D and W and run away.

You could also leave a replicate on your base/other lane, press R and laugh.

GorillaJu

Yeah, he is. Who needs nukes when you can pop Meta and just right click them?

I've always wondered why Meta isn't his ultimate. Was it ever his ultimate in Dota 1? I know it might as well be, but I can see that Sunder would be OP if it wasn't an ultimate.

Meta was the ultimate of the WC3 hero that he's based on (Demon Hunter). For as long as I can remember in Dota all-stars though, his ult was Sunder. He used to not have that slow, though. It used to be a weaker version of Pugna's drain life.

52club

So guys what is the best way to play doom?

Jungle lvl 1? Or lane and jungle after a few levls (like lycan).

What items should i build to help my team early on? Shadow blade ulti? Mek for team or afk farm that radiance?

Ive played four games so far with him and need to learn when to go in fights and when to farm with him.

Any other tips/item builds/strats?

I actually prefer jungle while helping to cover mid when mid is ganking. I've had some decent success going:

1. Stout shield, quelling blade, tango
2. You should be a able to farm Morbid mask to pick up at base (key is to consume a neutral that will give you a good buff)
3. Then bracer and brown boots
4. Then finish drums then Vlads
5. Then you go Boots of travel

From there on out farming is easy, joining team fights is easy, and you help out your team with Vlads and drums (and hopefully the wolves neutral buff which ca really help your carry).

Lately I go Bloodstone and AC, but really this depends on who I'm facing and how the game is going. You do need good map awareness during the BOTS stage because they will be coming for you.

Hylian7

I just saw something on Cyborgmatt's Facebook about a Meepo pick. I'm on my phone so I can't watch. Who and what match?

ReRixo

Banned
Yeah I know it seems strange, but has been working out alright. Honestly I get to the point mid game where I really run low on mana. Plus it helps with the snowball effect into late game if/when things go well. It is risky though.

there are sooo many better items to spend 5050 on though, just get shivas if you want more mana

Low Tier
huh u already have drums. Dooms int gain isnt even that awful

also blink dagger is absolutely core on that hero lol

Yeah I know it seems strange, but has been working out alright. Honestly I get to the point mid game where I really run low on mana. Plus it helps with the snowball effect into late game if/when things go well. It is risky though.

In my 2k+ matches of dota 2 I don't think I've ever seen a doom buy a bloodstone. Also why waste money on a bracer and drums when you can get something better.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Doom is only good for one spell, Doom. Which is why you need Blink Dagger. Because if you're not Dooming the priority target you're a waste of a hero slot.

inkls

Doom is only good for one spell, Doom. Which is why you need Blink Dagger. Because if you're not Dooming the priority target you're a waste of a hero slot.

So what you are saying is that...

I should?
Buy Aghs + refresher on Doom?

bbd23

Good lord EE
chansub-global-emoticon-c8a77ec0c49976d3-22x30.png

Hylian7

You and 109 hate that hero so much yet he consistently gets picked in the pro scene.

I've been fooling around with doom for a bit. I like mek and arcane first, bkb or ac. I think competitive games do the same except lean more toward shiva than ac. In a pub environment though I think the carry power from AC is more beneficial. After that basher is a solid pickup. Picking up Vlads is a good idea somewhere along the way if there are other melee carries. Really doom is all about stacking armor early game to go along with his beefy strength gain, so he can use his pseudo radiance to stay in the fight after he dooms someone. He's basically a walking aura support. Wolf crit can make him hit decently hard.

Or you could play around and grab blink/shadowblade and centaur stomp, it is pretty good for initiating.

There's no single item you must build every game on him, build around your team.

Doom is shit. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

It is pretty interesting how he has risen lately, this guy has a nice blurb which I agree with

http://www.datdota.com/blog/?p=528

Haly

Doom is shit. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Mirana – Although Mirana received no changes and had little increase in P/B percentage (50% to 57%), her win rate has shot up from 48% in 6.79 to 57% in 6.80. I’m not exactly sure what this is attributed to other than teams are simply getting better at playing her.
Does this scrub even watch SongSong?

Lirlond

He's a shit ganker, a shit carry, a shit support and a shit initiator.

He exists to shit on the strongest member of the enemy team for 15 seconds.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Pretty sure haly was the only one hatin on doom, that hero has received so many goddamn unnecessary buffs. Fuck doom.

Haly

I'm always hating on Doom, especially when there's one on my team.

Useless piece of shit.

Top Bottom