• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Madouu

Hello guys,

I just had a game where people didn't unpause when people had disconnects and patiently waited for them to come back, where a team showed the opposite ember spirit how to get out of the infamous "stuck4life" bug, and where people were generally nice to each other.

A lot of mistakes were made, more than a few by me, but the general level of play was decent. Both my teammates and enemies were competent and tried their best to win. Everybody had fun.

Randdalf

Sick Medusa. I really love the hero so much, but can't get the GPM I need to make it work :(

Yeah. In that game RTZ had ~80 last hits at 11 minutes in, he hit virtually every creep in lane. If he didn't die the Rapier would have come out even quicker.

Sick Medusa. I really love the hero so much, but can't get the GPM I need to make it work :(

Take stats early, don't bother getting your ult because you ain't showing up for teamfights, hope the enemy team ignores you, farm the shit out the map, get split shot last, ignore that crappy snake spell, come out at 40 minutes press r and then you win, don't do that asinine ancient shit.

terrible advice but works for me #100percentmedusawinrateicefraudplz

elyetis

Hello guys,

I just had a game where people didn't unpause when people had disconnects and patiently waited for them to come back, where a team showed the opposite ember spirit how to get out of the infamous "stuck4life" bug, and where people were generally nice to each other.

A lot of mistakes were made, more than a few by me, but the general level of play was decent. Both my teammates and enemies were competent and tried their best to win. Everybody had fun.
You most likely posted in the wrong thread, things like that doesn't happen in dota.
( just had a game tonight where the opposite team specificly unpaused 2 times in a row to dive and kill a friend who just had a deconnection )

Kreunt

Banned
they really need to fix the phoenix bug where you cant stop your dive.

also: strayan matchmaking has been really slow the last few days.

Ketch

I just had it happen with a Beastmaster hawk, so it seems to be flying unit related and not courier specific

Super annoying.

I noticed this too. It seemed like the flying unit was having collision with ground units but not detection or pathing to go around... Like it knew it was supposed to fly over but couldn't.

elyetis

I noticed this too. It seemed like the flying unit was having collision with ground units but not detection or pathing to go around... Like it knew it was supposed to fly over but couldn't.
Got that in my last match, flying courier strangely stuck between jungle creeps.

Boken

Banned
d6TLc6h.png

hylian stream highlights

ElyrionX

On Invoker, when do I go QE and when do I go QW?

Also, I'm not sure why it seems like Orchid is picked up more on QW than hex. Is it the easier buildup? No matter how I look at it, hex is clearly the superior item in all situations.

Duesy

On Invoker, when do I go QE and when do I go QW?

Also, I'm not sure why it seems like Orchid is picked up more on QW than hex. Is it the easier buildup? No matter how I look at it, hex is clearly the superior item in all situations.

Depends on what you are comfortable with. If your team is lacking damage, then you will probably want to go QE. If the other team has a bunch of low int heroes, then you can ruin them with QW. Both of them are pretty viable regardless of the match though. Orchid is easier to build and you can pick it up faster, which allows you to start dominating faster. Usually if you pick up orchid you are going to pick up sheep later on anyways. Orchid also gives that sweet 25% damage.

Personally, I go QE 90% of the time because it just feels like you can run away with games easier and your solo kill potential is so much higher than with QW.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Aw yeah, did my taxes, some how got back 50% more then what I paid. The power of Freedom. And education tax credits.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Freedom of being poor.

Well yeah, I'm a student who works a full time job and come from a poor family, I'm pretty poor (Though I got a sick ass virtual hat collection). I really need to go and look at my past tax returns, I got far less in the last few year (But my family filed them, I need to see if they just claimed me or their accountant sucks at taxes). Would do it now, but I got my self locked out of the IRS website :/

Well yeah, I'm a student who works a full time job and come from a poor family, I'm pretty poor (Though I got a sick ass virtual hat collection). I really need to go and look at my past tax returns, I got far less in the last few year (But my family filed them, I need to see if they just claimed me or their accountant sucks at taxes). Would do it now, but I got my self locked out of the IRS website :/
We're all poor...

On the inside.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can you do my taxe, I'll pay you
I just used TurboTax. Quick Haz, I need new PC parts, everything is fucking breaking at once (I think my stuff must have got damaged in a storm last month, my SSD broke, my Graphics cards on the frits, my Ram is less stable then before, and the DVD drive broke). I want a MB that uses a 4670k, a new mid range Graphics Card, a SSD, some Rams, maybe a new optical drive.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I just used TurboTax. Quick Haz, I need new PC parts, everything is fucking breaking at once (I think my stuff must have got damaged in a storm last month, my SSD broke, my Graphics cards on the frits, my Ram is less stable then before, and the DVD drive broke). I want a MB that uses a 4670k, a new mid range Graphics Card, a SSD, some Rams, maybe a new optical drive.
Z87X Biostar for cheap, or $200 ASUS board
GTX 760
RMA SSD or buy 840 EVO / M500
Run memtest 86+ buy whatever 1.5V is cheapo
Asus or Samsung $23 ODD

Hylian7

I don't understand lately why I'm playing so badly.

I played a total of 5 games today, and didn't play that well in any of them. I only won 1/5. I don't know what my problem is. Usually I'd have a higher percentage of them being me stomping them.

lmgHvS0.png

The one game I did win I only think I did "Okay" I guess. (those of you that were watching on stream tell me what you think).

Let me take a moment to be honest with you Dota GAF: I apologize for all the rage posting lately. I don't know, I was just getting fed up with it. It wasn't right, it was stupid, and I apologize. You probably noticed less rage over the last day or two already.

Secondly, no offense, maybe I'm just bad at sarcasm, but I really wish people would lay off of the whole black and white "You're Dendi"/"You're terribad" thing in the Dota community. If you make a mistake and people point it out, suddenly you are a trenchie. Make good plays, you are Dondo.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Haz dropping the knowledge bomb.

Seriously Kirby, get on that.

Now to pull the trigger. Do I really need $750 in computer hardware.

Then I remember my PC did in fact crash while trying to do my taxes. Fuck it, bought.

Do I put Win 7 or 8 on it now.

Razzer

What do you think a Nintendo-made MOBA would be like?
It would be amazing in some areas, and there would be a great amount of detail and polish, but honestly I would expect them to misunderstand the appeal of the genre and make some dumb design decisions. Also, it would not be on PC so the control scheme would be wacko. A MOBA made by someone else using Nintendo IP though? Sign me up.

Boken

Banned
What do you think a Nintendo-made MOBA would be like?

itd be like HotS

unless Sakurai makes it, then itll be fucking awesome

i still maintain that a pokemon Moba would be the best though. all the depth of pokemon elementals chartz n team building with a back n forth drafting stage omg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel like a Pokemon Moba done right would actually be more complex then Dota. You would need a way to actually just change your move pool as the game progresses rather then just make moves stronger, and all small tactics that go with Evolutions, like holding off on an Evolution to get an ability early or a different ability.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Now to pull the trigger. Do I really need $750 in computer hardware.

Then I remember my PC did in fact crash while trying to do my taxes. Fuck it, bought.

Do I put Win 7 or 8 on it now.
No
Also Win 8 + Classic Shell
I don't understand lately why I'm playing so badly.

I played a total of 5 games today, and didn't play that well in any of them. I only won 1/5. I don't know what my problem is. Usually I'd have a higher percentage of them being me stomping them.

lmgHvS0.png

The one game I did win I only think I did "Okay" I guess. (those of you that were watching on stream tell me what you think).

Let me take a moment to be honest with you Dota GAF: I apologize for all the rage posting lately. I don't know, I was just getting fed up with it. It wasn't right, it was stupid, and I apologize. You probably noticed less rage over the last day or two already.

Secondly, no offense, maybe I'm just bad at sarcasm, but I really wish people would lay off of the whole black and white "You're Dendi"/"You're terribad" thing in the Dota community. If you make a mistake and people point it out, suddenly you are a trenchie. Make good plays, you are Dondo.
Admitting is the first step. The Ember game was really really rough. Like I would just take a break at that point.

IDK about the other stuff, I queued up RD/AR after one of your games since I wanted to play and although I lost a 2(us) vs 1 melee lane and went 0-3 start I got carried by my great team (Helped a bit later at least, but not really needed) and we communicated the whole game.
MatchID(Dotabuff)
VOD with commentary and minor swearing Any input at all is appreciated, I really wasn't sure what to do in my lane besides ask SK to help kill but he seemed kinda off about playing SK. Figured it would be nice to have another stream post and a good reference about why I keep nagging Hylian on his camera.

Missed FB because I have like 4 Ursa games and overestimated range, then aggro fail since I didn't look at creeps, but overall I felt pretty okay with my positioning and decisions. I do tend to play cautious.

I get these friendly or silent, but still pay attention teams much more often than bad teams. I think just speaking on the the mic early on just gets people to open up or something.

Yes, Wisp and Viper were dumb, but those 4/5man Black Holes and early LS farm were scary.

I feel like a Pokemon Moba done right would actually be more complex then Dota. You would need a way to actually just change your move pool as the game progresses rather then just make moves stronger, and all small tactics that go with Evolutions, like holding off on an Evolution to get an ability early or a different ability.
How would evolutions work, though? Level up your ultimate or automatically at 6/11/16? How would Megas work too?

dmshaposv

So guys what is the best way to play doom?

Jungle lvl 1? Or lane and jungle after a few levls (like lycan).

What items should i build to help my team early on? Shadow blade ulti? Mek for team or afk farm that radiance?

Ive played four games so far with him and need to learn when to go in fights and when to farm with him.

In the 116 games I've played with doom I prefer to lane but jungle can work too if you have the team composition.

As for items I like to go for basher after phase boots and then ac our Vlad's depending on how my farm is going.

Any other tips/item builds/strats?

GorillaJu

I'm like 100% positive that there were versions of Aeon of Strife with "evolving" pokemanz. In those crazy ass ones where you could buy books of +agi and shit, your dude would evolve when he got to certain levels.

Kreunt

Banned
So guys what is the best way to play doom?

Jungle lvl 1? Or lane and jungle after a few levls (like lycan).

What items should i build to help my team early on? Shadow blade ulti? Mek for team or afk farm that radiance?

Ive played four games so far with him and need to learn when to go in fights and when to farm with him.

Any other tips/item builds/strats?

laning, if available, is pretty much always better for any hero.

Top Bottom