• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

rfREOjD.png

nooooooooooo

my perfect warlock record ;_;

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A more interesting stat is how the Medium Number of hours played in under 19, but the Mean is 147. So at least 12.5 Million accounts total have played under 19 hours.

Hylian7

PSA: The new nVidia beta drivers are awesome. I used to be unable to play borderless window with triple buffering (D3DOverrider) but now I can.

Shinypogs

It's actually really neat to see how many accounts play a game plus how many hours have been played of them. I'm actually kinda shocked dota 2 beat tf2.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
PSA: The most recent HD4000 drivers have started causing a brightness flicker on my laptop and it's making me real salty.

Kreunt

Banned
Not sure why people are whining. This is probably the most balanced patch ever IMO.

TB not included

but he's probably still less broken than most broken heroes in the past.

Madouu

Since we always get a post once in a while asking for the link to a VOD of a certain game or another, I thought I could try and list the daily vods that are available, especially since there's quite a bit of dota action going on right now. There's a few websites that already do this but it seems that there are always a few links that are missing so I will try and be as exhaustive as possible here.

04/15/2014 VODs

• HyperX D2L Western Challenge cast by Ayesee & Tralf

Fnatic vs Empire (bo3)
    0-2
    : Game 1 - Game 2 - Game 3
    Fnatic vs Alliance (bo3)
    2-0

• ASUS ROG DreamLeague Season 1 cast by Draskyll, Lumi, Bruno & Shane

Liquid vs Dogma
    0-1
    : Game 1
    Liquid vs Empire
    0-1

• Dota 2 Champions League Season 2 Final cast by Tobi & Synderen

Na`Vi vs C9 (bo5)
    3-1
    : Game 1 - Game 2 - Game 3 - Game 4 - Game 5

• The Inaugural - Group B cast by GoDz & Lysander
    Orange vs Phoenix (bo3)
    0-2

• WvW National Electronic Sports Classic cast by WhatIsHip & pimpmuckl

Tongfu vs Orenda (bo3)
    2-1

• WvW National Electronic Sports Classic cast by GoDz

HGT vs LGD (bo3)
    2-0
    : Game 1 - Game 2 (pretty crazy game) - Game 3

• ECL 2014 - Group A cast by GoDz & Lysander

LGD vs Speed Gaming
    1-0

• American Dota League Season 2 cast by Maut & KOTLGuy

Osiris vs Shadows of the Past
    1-1
    : Game 1 - Game 2
    No Earthspirit vs vs Union Gaming
    2-0
    : Game 1 - Game 2

I'll put ADL links when they're available, they're kind of slow to upload their vods generally. Hope this'll be useful for some of you!

Lotto

Since we always get a post once in a while asking for the link to a VOD of a certain game or another, I thought I could try and list the daily vods that are available, especially since there's quite a bit of dota action going on right now. There's a few websites that already do this but it seems that there are always a few links that are missing so I will try and be as exhaustive as possible here.

04/15/2013 VODs

I'll put ADL links when they're available, they're kind of slow to upload their vods generally. Hope this'll be useful for some of you!

Awesome, thanks for this! So many tournaments so little time. I'll probably check out more of the Chinese/SEA games, been saturated watching too much western Dota.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Before any of you people think about buying a god damned shadow blade on Bane just know that I will walk to the ends of the Earth and back to kill you and I will win the game and you will look like a FOOL. You have been warned.

So, when 6.81 hits and Terrorblade gets the slap on the wrist, what's getting nerfed?

I see a lot of people complaining about Sunder but Reflection is probably more deserving (at the moment)

So, when 6.81 hits and Terrorblade gets the slap on the wrist, what's getting nerfed?

I see a lot of people complaining about Sunder but Reflection is probably more deserving (at the moment)

Yeah it's only his reflection I think. It's so tough to lane against him given how strong he is mid and late game. He's insanely good at every stage of the game.

Mordeccai

Just played two rounds of blink drow

blink dagger too stronk. treads -> 2x wraith band -> farm blink -> gank and it snowballs from there.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The more I play and the more it seems like people are getting over their Mirana love affair, at least at my tier, the more I like this patch. I'd like to see some TB nerf and I'd like to see some broad, hero-nonspecific thing that makes ten minute deathball harder to execute, although I have no idea what that is.

Randdalf

What tactics do you guys like to employ versus Terrorblade? Luna destroys him lategame once she has Satanic and Sniper really does work against him defending towers, especially with a Maelstrom.

The Technomancer

What tactics do you guys like to employ versus Terrorblade? Luna destroys him lategame once she has Satanic and Sniper really does work against him defending towers, especially with a Maelstrom.

He's not actually a super hard carry, at least compared to guys like Luna or Void so yeah, if you can either outlast him or outpush him then he's not that scary. The problem is that if you had a mid-game oriented lineup you have to turn it into a push strat because he owns the midgame.

Timber works pretty well.

He's not actually a super hard carry, at least compared to guys like Luna or Void so yeah, if you can either outlast him or outpush him then he's not that scary. The problem is that if you had a mid-game oriented lineup you have to turn it into a push strat because he owns the midgame.

Honestly, TB scales super hard and is easily among the top 7 carries in the late game along with Void, Medusa, Spectre, Naga, Luna and Lancer. Also, I remember going toe to toe with a similarly farmed Luna (like 5 slotted? It was pretty late into the game) and wrecked her. Especially since Sunder will most likely keep you alive.

The Technomancer

Honestly, TB scales super hard and is easily among the top 7 carries in the late game along with Void, Medusa, Spectre, Naga, Luna and Lancer. Also, I remember going toe to toe with a similarly farmed Luna (like 5 slotted? It was pretty late into the game) and wrecked her. Especially since Sunder will most likely keep you alive.

Maybe its just the games I've played against him then. He lacks the AoE damage/control of guys like Medusa and Luna and Void and the mobility to blink around the fight like AM so it always feels like by the time the game reaches the point where other carries are doing simultaneous teamwipes he's still single (or dual) target bursting one or two heroes.

Renoir

RwKKSEm.png

Ive been on a streak, i stopped playing scared sully my chart...
Ive been watching these tournaments though and im fiending to get some .

Maybe its just the games I've played against him then. He lacks the AoE damage/control of guys like Medusa and Luna and Void and the mobility to blink around the fight like AM so it always feels like by the time the game reaches the point where other carries are doing simultaneous teamwipes he's still single (or dual) target bursting one or two heroes.

I dunno, I just CTRL+right click on anyone or anything and it dies within half a second late game. He dishes out sooo much damage at any stage of the game, it's not even funny.

Then again, I've had more success with just ending games early with his uber illusions but you can easily go late with him as well.

Top Bottom