• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
He's not actually a super hard carry, at least compared to guys like Luna or Void so yeah, if you can either outlast him or outpush him then he's not that scary. The problem is that if you had a mid-game oriented lineup you have to turn it into a push strat because he owns the midgame.

He's actually a pretty hard carry. Not many heroes get a free 80 base damage on top of one of the best anti-carry abilities in the game that isn't purge-able by anything whatsoever. Don't forget he probably has the best overall base stats of any hero (factoring in his gains, MS, armor, regen, and a 1.5s BAT). Not to mention he's a melee carry that has the potential to become ranged (being melee is a huge crutch in dota that is usually balanced out by things like high MS, armor, or base damage). TB has all the benefits of being a melee hero without the drawback of being kited all the time), and he has the strongest "reliable" illusions in the game that can also be ranged and absorb his free 80 base damage putting them at near 100% of his melee damage early on.

He's a hard carry that is a monster at all stages of the game--early, mid, and late. It's a misconception to say he's bad in the late game simply because TB games NEVER go late because he's an insanely good early and mid-game hero as well, so most of the time you don't get to see a 6 slotted TB.

Also TB has ridiculously bad HP. I think worse than some hard supports like KoTL even (during early game)

This is brought up a lot and it's not really a big deal at all for a hero like TB. At level 1-2, most magic nukes are going to tickle you, and with his insane base armor, regen, and MS, his survivability is better than most heroes at these early levels. He'll also pretty much always get guaranteed FB with reflection given that he has some sort of decent support behind him and that will give him a huge advantage in lane going forward (he'll get a small gold/xp adv. over you and then proceed to repeatedly kill). Beyond these levels, he's a hero that buys a shit ton of stat items to exponentially increase his damage and farm potential--this isn't ember spirit that never builds stats or AM who has to invest 4400g into a pure farming item.

TB fixes his HP problem rather quickly and you find yourself facing a ranged behemoth with 300 base damage, 30 armor, and multiple tanky ranged illusions that deal 180 damage each 25-30 minutes into the game LOL.

I think Draskyl unintentionally put it best regarding TB in the dumbest way possible: "TB is balanced because phoenix is in the game." Yeah, this is like saying 6.79 broodmother is balanced because earth spirit is in the game. I personally think TB is balanced because you can pick Lycan.

shira

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
radiance damage on illusions is decreased by 50%, supports shouldn't be dying trying to kill pushing illusions with heart.

Why shouldn't they be? Underfarmed support dying to overfarmed illusion hero attempting to do something heroically stupid and completely avoidable? What's the problem?Personally I think freakinchair (my go to mid or carry player) should be immune from dying from 20s chain stuns, hacking storm spirits, and Lion's finger of death, this shouldn't be happening.

KingKong

split pushing, while being an obviously valid strategy, is really annoying and dumb and not fun to play for or against so I wish icefrog does everything he can to nerf it

FACE

Banned
Here are my TB suggestions:

- Make his slow scale with levels
- Increase the CD on his slow
- Reduce range on Sunder
- Increase BAT on his ranged form
- Reduce his stat gains
- Reduce his armor
- Make metamorphosis his ult(20/40/80 damage increase).
- Just remove this fucking hero(and phoenix) from the game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
split pushing, while being an obviously valid strategy, is really annoying and dumb and not fun to play for or against so I wish icefrog does everything he can to nerf it

Yeah screw split pushing I can't believe 3-5 heroes out of 100 can play the game a little differently than group up at 10 minutes and push/team-fight. So fkn dumb man, it's not like 90% of competitive games are deathball push strats; it's not like Lycan, the model of a split-pusher has been played strictly as a 5 man pusher in competitive to rack up the wins. I agree completely that any trace of what's left of this cancerous thing called "split-push," better called "rat-dota" needs to be quashed and I would like to see 5 man dota become even stronger, I really hate diversity and different strategies counter-balancing each other in my dota.

Fuck obviously valid strats.

Sibylus

Banned
Here are my TB suggestions:

- Make his slow scale with levels
- Increase the CD on his slow
- Reduce range on Sunder
- Increase BAT on his ranged form
- Reduce his stat gains
- Reduce his armor
- Make metamorphosis his ult(20/40/80 damage increase).
- Just remove this fucking hero(and phoenix) from the game.
You can nerf the bird, but you can't take him from meee

KingKong

Yeah screw split pushing I can't believe 3-5 heroes out of 100 can play the game a little differently than group up at 10 minutes and push/team-fight. So fkn dumb man, it's not like 90% of competitive games are deathball push strats; it's not like Lycan, the model of a split-pusher has been played strictly as a 5 man pusher in competitive to rack up the wins. I agree completely that any trace of what's left of this cancerous thing called "split-push," better called "rat-dota" needs to be quashed and I would like to see 5 man dota become even stronger, I really hate diversity and different strategies counter-balancing each other in my dota.

Glad you agree

Hylian7

NOW people are complaining about Phoenix? So fucking late.
People didn't immediately complain about Earth Spirit despite being in Dota 1 for months. Even when he hit Dota 2 nobody complained about him until that Jerax video came out (I was saying he seemed OP before that)

Kreunt

Banned
dying to ancients at 20 minutes, new meta.

People didn't immediately complain about Earth Spirit despite being in Dota 1 for months. Even when he hit Dota 2 nobody complained about him until that Jerax video came out (I was saying he seemed OP before that)

yeah earth even got nerfed BEFORE most people caught on to him being ridiculously broken.

iamblades

I don't mind split push strats or even flat out rat dota, but fuck tinker.

That is all.

Ketch

Most of Storm's damage is magical though, so a BKB counters him really hard.

Yea.. And cleave from BF ignores armor too huh? What if they made the bonus damage on slight magical? That's probably a huge nerf... They'd have to make it much stronger in the early game. Didn't they make a bunch of balance changes on ember in DOTA 1? I still think he's balanced. good hero.

Nymerio

I love these games where you're almost giving up but then everything works out better than expected. Shadow Shaman, Death Prophet and Nature's Prophet on the other team, keep loosing towers in the beginning, ready to give up and bam start winning fights, keep lanes pushed and win the game.

FACE

Banned
Yea.. And cleave from BF ignores armor too huh? What if they made the bonus damage on slight magical? That's probably a huge nerf... They'd have to make it much stronger in the early game. Didn't they make a bunch of balance changes on ember in DOTA 1? I still think he's balanced. good hero.

I think Ember shouldn't be able to hit heroes hiding in the fog.

Quesa

I don't mind push strats, I just hate dota.

How do exploit Phoenix for ez wins when I get back from writing a billion final papers

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
EMPIRE NOOO

Muhahahahahaha! Man it was so back and forth for a long time there. I believe in the fnatic late game though. After seeing their 96minute game against mouse before ti3, I believe they have the endurance to play the long end game chess dota.

aeolist

Banned
i like furion style split push where there's a risk of getting caught out but you can pull crazy comebacks like ti3 finals

illusion split push from naga and tb when you never see the actual hero is lame

I haven't been paying much attention to the inside talk...What are the rumors about what update/event/new heroes we're going to see next?
There's some pretty substantial work done on Pit Lord and Techies (less so Techies). Also we usually get our last major balance change before the International around this time every year.

Demoli

People complaining about Rat dota need to git gud. Apart from Naga split push, it's the easiest playstyle to effectively counter.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit you guys Hanni is so fucking rich!!!

Artanisix

This is brought up a lot and it's not really a big deal at all for a hero like TB. At level 1-2, most magic nukes are going to tickle you, and with his insane base armor, regen, and MS, his survivability is better than most heroes at these early levels. He'll also pretty much always get guaranteed FB with reflection given that he has some sort of decent support behind him and that will give him a huge advantage in lane going forward (he'll get a small gold/xp adv. over you and then proceed to repeatedly kill). Beyond these levels, he's a hero that buys a shit ton of stat items to exponentially increase his damage and farm potential--this isn't ember spirit that never builds stats or AM who has to invest 4400g into a pure farming item.

TB fixes his HP problem rather quickly and you find yourself facing a ranged behemoth with 300 base damage, 30 armor, and multiple tanky ranged illusions that deal 180 damage each 25-30 minutes into the game LOL.

I think Draskyl unintentionally put it best regarding TB in the dumbest way possible: "TB is balanced because phoenix is in the game." Yeah, this is like saying 6.79 broodmother is balanced because earth spirit is in the game. I personally think TB is balanced because you can pick Lycan.

TB might be OP but you are vastly exaggerating his ability to withstand nukes. I think it's important to be honest with a character's disadvantages, no matter how powerful they are otherwise. Heroes like Sand King will crunch TB every time unless TB is running around with a heart.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Fnatic still wipes with Hanni's nearly 1k GPM lol

edit: OMG THAT RAX DYING IN TWO HITS WHAT

Top Bottom