• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Nymerio

Heroes which I know how to counter:

or not:

Strangely, Doom appears to be my nemesis.

And finally, heroes which I have never played with:
pk6Qnyj.jpg

There are (a few) other stats, but I am not going to clutter the thread with them.

You never played AA? :(

srHs4Ua.gif

Usobuko

Banned
How does the tiebreaker works for SL? I just watch this tournament. Assuming if both iG and NaVi win and everyone is tied at 6 points in group B.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
DK just has lycan figured out man, they bait/force every team to first pick it and then just pick a hella strong aggro tri that shits all over him. Similar to how EG handles him but taking it to the next level.

DK just has lycan figured out man, they bait/force every team to first pick it and then just pick a hella strong aggro tri that shits all over him. Similar to how EG handles him but taking it to the next level.

Out of curiosity why is jungle Lycan not seen as being viable anymore?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Out of curiosity why is jungle Lycan not seen as being viable anymore?

Because he's a free kill to any roaming supports. No escape, always at 10-50% hp, and relatively slow for the first few levels. It works in pubs because people don't usually care to gank, and even if they do, chances are they'll fuck it up and you can just call in your team for a couple free kills and an xp boost.

Competitive is a different beast and you'll never get away with a free jungle (smoked supports will chain gank the lycan and put him down enough so the mid can come in at 6+ to get in on some of dat free gold/xp as the lycan languishes at a level 4-5 deadzone), and by jungling Lycan you're already gimping your lanes and the Lycan is just a giant beacon screaming "GANK MEEEEEEEEEEEEE." Not to mention jungle lycan can't do howl level 1 or at all in the first few levels, and so his team loses out on some huge utility. Lycan is really strong right now because of that level 1 howl and its kill power in trilanes.

Because he's a free kill to any roaming supports. No escape, always at 10-50% hp, and relatively slow for the first few levels. It works in pubs because people don't usually care to gank, and even if they do, chances are they'll fuck it up and you can just call in your team for a couple free kills and an xp boost.

Competitive is a different beast, and by jungling Lycan you're already gimping your lanes and the Lycan is just a giant beacon screaming "GANK MEEEEEEEEEEEEE." Not to mention jungle lycan can't do howl level 1 or at all in the first few levels, and so his team loses out on some huge utility. Lycan is really strong right now because of that level 1 howl and it's kill power in trilanes.

Yeah that's a fair point. One well placed observer ward would be enough to mess him up. Ty for the info.

Wes

venison crêpe
One of the best games I've managed to catch live recently. The first Rosh fight, will they - wont they, which lasted about 6 minutes was fantastic.

Lotto

Wow, I kinda counted RoX.Kis out of this LAN. Pretty surprised to see them take this game off of Na'Vi. GG, well played from them.

rox just got too tanky for ember i think, his damage comes in waves and going for mjollnir over crit or bfury only worked up untill the bkb's pipe heart etc came up

Top Bottom