• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Conceptor

EE should join EG, win ti4
12oWj6u.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
TI is going to be something special this year, especially if EG can keep playing like this.

Conceptor

TI is going to be something special this year, especially if EG can keep playing like this.
Yeah I agree.

Kind of related; I fell asleep before posting last night but I felt DK vs. Alliance was a closer match than the score indicated. IIRC before the game, LD mentioned EGM said he and S4 had watched only one DK replay before. So I would imagine a bootcamped and more prepared squad would provide an even closer game, such as at TI4

Madouu

^ Probably works both ways though. DK didn't have much time to prepare as 5 during the recent days with players on vacation and visa procedures.

edit: Sheever and Kpoptosis will cast the second place play offs apparently.

I actually like the interaction between Kpop and Sheever.

LD's saying a team/players' names really slowly after something happens is sort of getting on my nerves.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Am I crazy for not minding the Sheever and Kpoptosis commentary?

I don't think Sheever is a great caster by any stretch of the imagination but I still like her a lot and like her being involved with this scene so I'm all for it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Am I crazy for not minding the Sheever and Kpoptosis commentary?

I've never found Sheever annoying to listen to. Is she has knowledged as other commentators? No. But her style is fairly laid back compared to most, in my opinion. She gets much more hate than she deserves.

The right kind of choice to swap with when LD/Merlini has to take a break and they need someone for the lesser matches.

Kpoptosis seems to be doing a similiar lower-key job as the analyst alongside her and the interactions are working well, during this draft at least.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I haven't listened to a Sheever cast in ages. Surely it can't be as awkward as her interviews?

Though to be fair, the players she interviews are often pretty awkward too.

Quesa

I just woke up but here's quesa's guide to remembering invoker

Cold Snap, EMP, Sunstrike = pretty easy honestly, no pneumonic needed
Ghost walk = Glass (q?) is mostly transparent like a ghost but is made by twirling it around (wind)
Tornado = Tornadoes are mostly wind (w) but they need cold air (q) to drop in order to form
Meteor = it's mostly a big ol fireball (e) but you need a little wind to push it around
Alacrity = it makes you all buff like a WWE wrestler
Forge Spirits = they're mostly fire but you need a little ice to hold them together like a comet
Ice Wall = It's mostly ice but eventually heat will make it melt
Deafening blast = it has all the colors in its icon!

Not all of these are perfectly logical but sue me that's how I remembered them

Top Bottom