• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fighting Game majors that get 20-40k max viewers get their own thread all the time. Granted those are for a huge amount of games at once.

I can't stop anyone from making a thread but look at the activity here regarding this tournament. It's already pretty low, and can't really sustain a thread.

K.Sabot

I can't stop anyone from making a thread but look at the activity here regarding this tournament. It's already pretty low, and can't really sustain a thread.

It's the community effect.

It's why I fought for keeping the FGC threads on gaming, those threads have grown and thrived because the visibility.

I was super sad the day the Dota 2 beta threads went to community.

K.Sabot

Even crappy MLG Halo tournament threads thrived.

It's also the only time I know of them, and they even get me to watch them.

Make threads for Dota majors and you'll probably even see the community thread grow.

I don't think they'll be as popular as FGC major threads because it's only one game, but I think it would be a great idea.

Razzer

If someone wanted to take the time to do it I say go for it, I think Steve's intro thread shows that once the drive-by trolls get lost MOBA fans can get along fine (with occasional friendly ribbing).

I wouldn't mind it, and you made a good case for it honestly. And if it doesn't flourish... Then it just fades away and no real loss.

No real risk (other than potential fragmentation of conversation regarding it, but as already mentioned there is very little of it here) and only potential reward (more active discussion).

It might be too late for starladder, but we might want to consider making a thread for esl.

Haly

The hype of one fightman fan is worth five MOBA fans.

Subitai

Fighting Game majors that get 20-40k max viewers get their own thread all the time. Granted those are for a huge amount of games at once.
TI4 will probably get its own thread I'm not sure this one is big enough to warrant one.
From my point of view as a more casual follower, the fighting game guys regularly put up threads for much relatively smaller events just within fighting games. Having a thread at least lets people who might not know, know there is a big event going down.

I'd also add Bomber's WCS thread doesn't get much traffic, but it gets bumped with enough posts to let people know when there is something going on.

I can understand maybe not having one for qualifying/reg season, but this is the finals now and I think people would tune just knowing that they're gonna see the best.

Quesa

I wouldn't mind it, and you made a good case for it honestly. And if it doesn't flourish... Then it just fades away and no real loss.

No real risk (other than potential fragmentation of conversation regarding it, but as already mentioned there is very little of it here) and only potential reward (more active discussion).

It might be too late for starladder, but we might want to consider making a thread for esl.

Like I said earlier just have a thread that acts a competitive dota chatroom.

aeolist

Banned
i like how they kept saying mmy was playing support

that meepo had blink, treads, vlads, mek, aghs, and heart

that was not a support meepo, they just had 4 cores

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Nothing stopping someone from making a thread for the smaller tournaments.

When did China get fun with drafts jeez.

Watching DK is like watching Alliance in 2013, only that they're actually fun to watch. Watching IceIceIce or Mushi manmode makes me giggle everytime.

Also seriously, a Meepo pick? And they win? Geez.

EDIT: Also helps that most DK players can play a variety of heroes well.

Razzer

DK are also good at every style of Dota. They can split push efficiently, they gank and rotate well, they know how to deathball and 5-man, and if 4 protect 1 ever comes back they have one of the best ricing carry players in Burning.

Anno

Didn't catch the beginning of this game, but why are DK allowed to get Invoker/Centaur so often? I know DK play a wide pool of heroes but these have to be their two favorites right now.

Haly

Jesus christ ice3, keep your fucking socks on you're making my country look bad.

EWmof.gif
invoker/centaur...
p0QHO.gif

Top Bottom