• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Razzer

merlini just hating on mvp wtf lol

I wouldn't say he's hating on them. He has said that they have all the right ideas on how to counter what Navi are doing, just that they don't have the execution. Which is true. Noone expected the Koreans to do well, Merlini is basically saying what we all know, that they aren't quite good enough yet, but the signs are there.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I like MVP and I was hoping they could win at least 1 match. Hopefully they stick together after losing this tourney and likely losing all their matches if they make TI4 (is 1 Korean team guaranteed in TI?) They definitely have potential, but it will take at least 1 more year to pull it together, IMO.

FACE

Banned
This Na'Vi lineup...

jnBvBTVNpj81N_e.jpg

iamblades

I like MVP and I was hoping they could win at least 1 match. Hopefully they stick together after losing this tourney and likely losing all their matches if they make TI4 (is 1 Korean team guaranteed in TI?) They definitely have potential, but it will take at least 1 more year to pull it together, IMO.

Korean teams have to qualify as SEA teams IIRC.

Depending on the invited team in that region, I don't see any of the korean teams aside from Zephyr having any chance vs Titan, Scythe, Mineski or Mith, and Zephyr would be heavy underdogs..

Speaking of Titan is playing Zephyr right now actually.

Sheever is a fine caster. Not yet up to par with LD or Tobi, but she's getting there.

Gotta hand it to her, rather than resting at her laurels the girl must have been training casting her ass off.

Nirvana

They just said IG.
If Na'vi beats IG they are into the BO3 right? Then their chances skyrocket... if they pick it up a bit. They won but I think they played pretty bad.

Na'vi aren't playing that well. It's always depressing to watch, hopefully like Iceiceice said they will start playing better outside of the group stages, as with nearly every tournament they play in.

Na'vi aren't playing that well. It's always depressing to watch, hopefully like Iceiceice said they will start playing better outside of the group stages, as with nearly every tournament they play in.

I think/hope it is training time for Na'vi after Starladder. I can't believe they go into a tournament as big as this without training their ass of before....

dmshaposv

iJ3BG77rZpnk.png

Don't play AM in pubs. Like ever.

Its sucks because he is extremely elusive and carries really hard late game, but at least at pub level you cant rely on ur allies to prolong the game. In pro games he either gets free farm of good lane support which helps them control the flow of the game.

Pubs: GG report anti-mage noob, doesnt come to team fights at 10 mins.

Alliance will take this I think, radiance Spectre is surely going to eat them up.

Surprised Empire didn't take Spectre at all this tournament, they usually play her.

kvk1

How the mighty have fallen.

It saddens me as a Na'Vi fan to see Alliance like this.

Hope they can shape up before TI.

Cassius

I think Loda would have been better off getting an early Vanguard or Drums. Spectre is so, so easy to kill in fights, and she can't utilize Radiance like a Naga.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So I haven't played much Dota since last summer (no PC anymore). Is the general consensus that the latest (couple?) patch hurts teams like Alliance who were pretty strong at maximizing farm around the map? I read somewhere that the average pro match is around 30 minutes these days, which must mean that you can't sit around and farm for 60+ minutes anymore.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm expecting IG to beat Navi unless they sort their shit out.

They have both beaten each other this tournament, so this match could be interesting at least.

shira

Empire: ┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓ ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

So I haven't played much Dota since last summer (no PC anymore). Is the general consensus that the latest (couple?) patch hurts teams like Alliance who were pretty strong at maximizing farm around the map? I read somewhere that the average pro match is around 30 minutes these days, which must mean that you can't sit around and farm for 60+ minutes anymore.

dunno maybe its just me but i feel like theres been alot more 50+ games this tourney than 30-

Top Bottom