• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Trasher

I'm expecting IG to beat Navi unless they sort their shit out.

They have both beaten each other this tournament, so this match could be interesting at least.

I almost give Navi the slight edge since they lost in the last game to them. Who knows though; maybe Chuan will actually ban out heroes they play! /Kappa

Wait, is Chuan drafting for iG these days? I can't remember. =/

Nymerio

Yeah, though he has increased his hero pool they're just not on the same level as they were previously. They're still my favourite team though, and after the game they played against EG yesterday I can't not like them.

Trasher

Yeah, though he has increased his hero pool they're just not on the same level as they were previously. They're still my favourite team though, and after the game they played against EG yesterday I can't not like them.

Actually, I think it was Kpoptosis who said Bulldog has played 12 unique heroes every patch except for this one. He's played 11 so far. Needs that extra hero!

I'm curious as to what that number is for most players. Not sure if that's high or low tbh. Seems low though if I were to guess, but maybe not if you mainly play in the offlane solo role.

It's not just the hero pool that's the issue, it's what that hero does.

Bulldog, when Alliance were dominating, either had the most or 2nd most farm on Alliance.

When he plays something else, they don't have someone picking up that slack.

Finalow

dis music.
┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓ ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Trasher

It's not just the hero pool that's the issue, it's what that hero does.

Bulldog, when Alliance were dominating, either had the most or 2nd most farm on Alliance.

When he plays something else, they don't have someone picking up that slack.

That's the thing though. He doesn't seem to have a hero in this patch where he can do that. 4 protect 1 just seems to really struggle right now. LD, and even NP to an extent, used to be so good in picking up the slack for their team if Loda was struggling early on.

shira

┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓ ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

t1397913300z1.png

iT4Fq4iAk29I8.gif
Vengeance_Aura_icon.png
ibvzL1CRTu3Yiz.gif

Razzer

That's the thing though. He doesn't seem to have a hero in this patch where he can do that. 4 protect 1 just seems to really struggle right now. LD, and even NP to an extent, used to be so good in picking up the slack for their team if Loda was struggling early on.

I think what set apart Bulldog from other offlaners at the time was also how good he was at disrupting the enemy. He played LD, NP and Bounty and he used them to block pull camps, give the supports an awful time in general whilst still finding farm. With the changes to the offlane and the pull camp it's easier to find experience and gold and less important to disrupt passive supports, so what Bulldog had other over people isn't as important anymore. It won Alliance so many games because of how efficient Akke and EGM were in comparison to any other team because of Bulldog.

Quesa

"Do you think you've learned anything from playing with EG?"

"No, I think they're learning more from me honestly."

HumblEE

Trasher

I have a feeling NaVi will lose even though I give them a slight edge going into this match. TI3 champs and runner ups are looking rough.

This is classic NaVi though. They love playing do or dies.

Top Bottom