• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

FACE

Banned
4F64BC2C86FBB2FB2ED493BE4352389380411A29

Hah!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lycan section is legit the gayest thing I've ever seen.

Morzak

So after playing some games last year I decided to give the game another try. Man it's just frustrating, I mean I suck at the game but the last time I played people i was matched up with at least seemed to have a concept about the game. Now I have Jugg, Weaver, Lion going offlane while leaving me as lina in the save lane. DK's tanking creep waves and nearly dying.... I pick support nearly all the time, since everyone else seems to pick carry or farm dependent heroes.

I honestly don't know how to approach it, I'm occupied enough with my own mistakes ( getting caught out of position way to often).... It's just frustrating if you have absolutely stupid teammates 4 games in a row.....

Hylian7

I'm starting to wonder if the point if this Doc is to collaboratively give tips or just say inside jokes. Right now it seems like the latter.

I'm starting to wonder if the point if this Doc is to collaboratively give tips or just say inside jokes. Right now it seems like the latter.
At the beginning some of us were writing tips. Then it had some funny jokes with a good mix of still good advice.

Then everyone wanted to be the class clown and now it's just a mess of hur dur x and y suck.

Hylian7

At the beginning some of us were writing tips. Then it had some funny jokes with a good mix of still good advice.

Then everyone wanted to be the class clown and now it's just a mess of hur dur x and y suck.
Yeah, I think we should clean it up. We have a thread for inside jokes like that. If people want tips from GAFfers, they should have a place to look. For example Tinker is just "This hero sucks, no he doesn't, buy a Blink Dagger. Kappa"

I know one thing that always frustrated me when I first started playing Dota was getting actual tips from this thread and inhouses and instead usually getting troll tips or something about "Sanjay Dota milkman is a scumbag" while in one of my first ever IHs I was Tiny mid against Milkman as Huskar, not knowing who he was nor how to win that matchup. That didn't really help me much to go through that.

8 game win streak, and all of them by a good margin too.The game is tricking me into thinking I'm not garbage tier, just to slam a big losing streak in my face.

I love playing in a tier in which people think CM is a harmless support early game. Laning is too easy, Frostbite too good. And I'm getting better at timing my ult.

Haly

8 game win streak, and all of them by a good margin too.The game is tricking me into thinking I'm not garbage tier, just to slam a big losing streak in my face.

I love playing in a tier in which people think CM is a harmless support early game. Laning is too easy, Frostbite too good. And I'm getting better at timing my ult.

Beware the forced fifty.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
WOW WHO CLOSED THE DOCUMENT AT LEAST MAKE IT VIEW ONLY HOLY SHIT MAN LIKE I WAS LINKING IT TO MY NOOB FRIENDS LIKE PROCARBINE TO READ AND BENEFIT FROM...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Whoever locked the doc can't win with heroes that aren't TB.

Quesa

WOW WHO CLOSED THE DOCUMENT AT LEAST MAKE IT VIEW ONLY HOLY SHIT MAN LIKE I WAS LINKING IT TO MY NOOB FRIENDS LIKE PROCARBINE TO READ AND BENEFIT FROM...

ppl pointed out it was a security risk. Trying to make a version that won't let you into my brazzers acct

Beware the forced fifty.
10 games over fifty now, oh god.

How slow is Blink+Mek in 15 minutes on Enigma? It was my first game as him and I feel like I was garbage in the jungle. Never practiced his jungling.

My first Black Hole was a five man though so that was fun. Sadly the game was too easy so very few team fights.

Haly

How slow is Blink+Mek in 15 minutes on Enigma? It was my first game as him and I feel like I was garbage in the jungle. Never practiced his jungling.

Pretty good. That's like a Sacred Relic, and a 15 minute Relic is good.

kneePat

At most it's only one game more than the potential max of a bo5.

Mathematically, it should be a bo7 with a 1 game advantage. Considering you need a .666 win rate to win bo3s it should extend to the finals as well but fuck logic.

Its also better than 2 bo3's, and you still only at max play 6 games. Also, this would make any potential wins in the first bo3 for the loser bracket team still worthwhile for them and it also maintains that the winner bracket advantage is a .500 win rate which I think is fair.

bo5 with a 1 game advantage (losers need to win @ .750) is broken just as much as no winners bracket advantage... but dota games take too long so this problem is pretty fucked.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
so I got into this brazzers account from that google doc.

it's just called "MexicanCheeseDildo"

no idea what that means

Madouu

04/19/2014 VODs

• Star Ladder Star Series Season 9 LAN Finals cast by LD & Merlini - Sheever & Merlini

Loser's Bracket Round 1
    RoX.KIS vs Empire
    0-1
    : Game 1
    Na'Vi vs MVP Phoenix
    1-0

Loser's Bracket Round 2
    Empire vs Alliance
    1-0
    IG vs Na'Vi
    1-0

Winner's Bracket Final
    EG vs DK (bo3)
    0-2
    : Game 1 - Game 2 - Game 3

• The Inaugural cast by GoDz & pimpmuckl

Group B
    Scythe vs Orange (bo3)
    2-0
    : Game 1 - Game 2 - Game 3

• WPC 2014 cast by Zyori

Newbee vs TongFu
    2-0
    : Game 1 - Game 2
    DT vs Vici Gaming
    1-1
    DT vs Newbee
    0-2

04/15/2014 VODs
04/16/2014 VODs
04/17/2014 VODs Starladder LAN finals day 1
04/18/2014 VODs Starladder LAN finals day 2

So I need some advice with keeping a snowball going with Slark. I can get some kills early and get a Shadow Blade/BKB/whatever but past that I just can't close out games.

Any help?

Top Bottom