• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Quesa

tbh that's a little unfair bo, here's a more accurate graph that i found on cyborgmatt's twitter:

cFHL8q5.png

I dunno why but that graph makes me happy

I like this graph

Haha! I was just thinking of posting this here (I'm a filipino). My younger brother just showed this to me and I cannot believe this is actually being made and that it actually exists! The "trailer", as well as the rap song background summarizes the whole plot in chronological order no less. The acting is very bad. Also, watch out for the Shakey's product placement.

This is absolutely the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst.
Until now, I'm still thinking that this is just made by some troll or made by some highschool students but no, apparently it is being showed on some theaters here.

WTF!!!

Edit: That poster should read "ashamedly presents". pinoy pride indeed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys I figured it out next update in a dream is 'the international', going to be multinational themed and have techies and pit Lord and 6.80d and hats themed for all different places and compendiums and reddit I'd ginna get mad over a tiger sniper hat for being too colorful. It happens Thursday, hype blog thing is on Monday after noon be prepared, now time for sleep im like xvost/10 sure though also I'm coming down with cold make the coughing stop

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tree is in a good spot, I don't think he'll be touched.

Lycan, Mirana and Dark Seer are probably in Icefrog's sights.

Zephyx

I'd say Invoker and Centaur can both expect a nerf.

And has Lina ever been good? Icefrog pls :(

Nerfs? QW Invoker and Centaur most likely. Batrider (I don't know how you can nerf that hero more) and Ember are also good candidates.

For buffs, Lina and most carry strength heroes are good candidates. :D

FACE

Banned
Nerfs? QW Invoker and Centaur most likely. Batrider (I don't know how you can nerf that hero more) and Ember are also good candidates.

For buffs, Lina and most carry strength heroes are good candidates. :D

Increase CD and/or decrease firefly damage? Or decrease the duration of Lasso(I hope not).

Lycan is probably getting hit with the nerf stick and hopefully so will Naga.

Gofu

Banned
Most of the nerfs in this thread wont happen. No hero is too imba atm, people will whine about ember/lycan/invoker just like they did with AA but teams are adapting. Lycan 1/7 W:L in SL is funny. People asking for invoker nerfs to EMP when only 1 wex invoker in SL is funny.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Most of the nerfs in this thread wont happen. No hero is too imba atm, people will whine about ember/lycan/invoker just like they did with AA but teams are adapting. Lycan 1/7 W:L in SL is funny. People asking for invoker nerfs to EMP when only 1 wex invoker in SL is funny.

gofuckyourself

sorry, your name just fit too well

Zephyx

Increase CD and/or decrease firefly damage? Or decrease the duration of Lasso(I hope not).

Removing the flying movement of Firefly and decreasing damage over time may be overkill. I really don't know at this point but we'll see.

Lycan is probably getting hit with the nerf stick and hopefully so will Naga.

Reducing Lycan's base damage or his strength/agility gain should be enough. They can also debuff the wolves instead. I don't know about Naga though. Probably reduction of her 6 base armor to 3 or 4 or increased damage received of her illusions should do the trick.

On another topic, do you think they should debuff Tiny?

Hylian7

You completely left out the fact that IceFrog does nerf sometimes based on what's extremely popular. Batrider got nerf after nerf after nerf and was STILL picked for a long time. Then he got that lasso range nerf and he was done. He wasn't particularly OP at that point, just first pick first ban every game, and he wanted to shake things up.

PPD single handedly making Treant get a nerf would be hilarious.

Hah that's what I had in mind.

Ok I have a lot of bad theory craft ideas, but what the hell I enjoy it. How bad an idea is getting Ethereal Blade on non-agi heroes?

I've been messing around with it on late game Zeus in bot games (yeah I know) and it seems like a nice way to nuke down the enemy carry, especially if they're a right clicker. I wanna try this in a pub but I'm afraid of getting flamed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
PPD single handedly making Treant get a nerf would be hilarious.

arteezy is single handedly going to get 5-6 mid heroes get nerfed

no joke

in general I agree with gofu, a lot of the top heroes aren't OMG WTF BBQ WISP/BATRIDER/TI2 MORPH OP, I mean, you always have to first ban somethin right? Anyhow, I hope icefrog just gives the top tier very minor nerfs and doesn't throw a wrench in the thrilling and diverse meta that 6.80 brought about. OP or not the frog does tend to nerf what's popular and buff the unpopular simply to discourage/encourage hero picks and keep things fresh. I feel like we were at a similar point in 6.78, and quite a few drastic changes hit in 6.79 that I really wasn't a fan of; 6.80 went a long way to "fixing" the chaos of that patch though.

Because the only team that let Lycan through is a strong candidate for the best team in the world by a strong margin, and they only let him through when Lycan would be on Radiant.

Balancing for comp play is one thing, but I think balancing based on what a single team can accomplish is a bit much.

FACE

Banned
arteezy is single handedly going to get 5-6 mid heroes get nerfed

no joke

in general I agree with gofu, a lot of the top heroes aren't OMG WTF BBQ WISP/BATRIDER/TI2 MORPH OP, I mean, you always have to first ban somethin right? Anyhow, I hope icefrog just gives the top tier very minor nerfs and doesn't throw a wrench in the thrilling and diverse meta that 6.80 brought about. OP or not the frog does tend to nerf what's popular and buff the unpopular simply to discourage/encourage hero picks and keep things fresh. I feel like we were at a similar point in 6.78, and quite a few drastic changes hit in 6.79 that I really wasn't a fan of; 6.80 went a long way to "fixing" the chaos of that patch though.

I hope the frog buffs unpopular heroes rather than nerfing the popular ones(Lycan aside)

Removing the flying movement of Firefly and decreasing damage over time may be overkill. I really don't know at this point but we'll see.

Reducing Lycan's base damage or his strength/agility gain should be enough. They can also debuff the wolves instead. I don't know about Naga though. Probably reduction of her 6 base armor to 3 or 4 or increased damage received of her illusions should do the trick.

On another topic, do you think they should debuff Tiny?

I think increasing the mana cost and cooldown of lvl16 song would already be a pretty decent nerf.

With some heroes I have no idea how they're supposed to ever be viable. Heroes like Drow and BS just seem screwed forever, barring a major overhaul or a huge game breaking buff.

Not always true. By that logic you would hear so much more cries of "Riki OP, Pudge OP, BH OP" and others.

I do see people say that, the difference is they are a huge minority, and those heroes are rarely picked and all easily countered. Riki? Pick BH/Slardar or even Zeus and hunt him like the tiny little ant he is. Pudge? Learn to ward and stay in position. BH? Dust and Wards in the lane phase and pick a nice ranged to beat the crap out of him.

Invoker on the other hand, is at a point where he's not easily countered because he has range and a lot of tricks up his sleeve. Add to that the fact that the others require timing and are situational at best, but Invoker can really get into any situation. The biggest problem, Tornado + EMP is just too easy and too useful. You have a 2 ability combo that can drain 1-5 players on the other team of about 500 mana and hp with relative easy. Mana burn is an insanely powerful ability, that's why Diffusal is so effective, and being able to basically ruin a Carries ability to do anything but right click is huge. I haven't played a game in the past 2 weeks where Invoker wasn't picked almost immediately.

Satch

Banned
i mean stuff like qw invoker, ember spirit, tb and even broodshit (from last patch)

im p sure qw invoker has been pretty rare at all of these tournaments but he gets complained about all the time for tornado emp and ember doesnt really do that great at tournaments relative to the complaining

i dont think pubs care that much about icecubed being able to stomp with a qe invoker because who the fuck is playing QE invoker right now in pubs??? everybody is getting stomped by the QW invoker, not iceiceice 2 minute midas sunstrike double forge spirit kappa QEvoker

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People complain about QW voker because they keep getting caught by tornado while out of position kappa.

Maybe 1 out of 3 QW vokers are actually a threat to me.

Zephyx

It's only ridiculous if he actually lands it.

Black Hole is "kind of ridiculous" but no one complains.

The difference is that he has a skill to set it up almost 100% at a time. The cast range is long, cooldown is also not that huge and it is not channeled.

Top Bottom