• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Invoker does more than just EMP, and it has a way lower cooldown than Black Hole, so that comparison is a bit off.

My point is there are A LOT of skills in DOTA2 that are "ridiculous" at first glance but aren't as strong as they seem to be when put into practice. The only way Invoker can reliably EMP you is if they lead with Tornado or Cold Snap at close range, or they have friends stunning for them. In the case of the former, it's usually not a lethal combo and the Invoker just has one more spell left. In the case of the latter, any AoE spell is going to wreck your shit.
The difference is that he has a skill to set it up almost 100% at a time. The cast range is long, cooldown is also not that huge and it is not channeled.

Tornado -> EMP is harder to land than you think it is. You actually need to lead with EMP before you use Tornado or people will just walk outside of the range UNLESS they are very close to you, at which point I ask why are they so close to fucking Invoker?

Tornado
Disable Duration (based on Quas): 0.8 / 1.1 / 1.4 / 1.7 / 2.0 / 2.3 / 2.5

EMP
Delay: 2.6

Look at that, I'd say a Tornado -> EMP is "guaranteed" only at level 5 of Quas, which is like level 15-16 because no Invoker in his right mind levels Quas faster than Wex.

Ketch

ugh. Just played 3 of the shittiest games ever in a row. Fail at support, fail at mid, fail at support again.

game is hard.

Ketch

Shhhhh. It's never your fault, blame your teammates and move on. Everyone will think you're an asshole but it really boosts your confidence.

... sadly I did so bad, I wouldn't even be able to convince myself. =(

Yesterday we won every game. Today, same team we loose every game... but not just losoe but get fk'n stomped hard. It was very depressing.

Zephyx

Tornado -> EMP is harder to land than you think it is. You actually need to lead with EMP before you use Tornado or people will just walk outside of the range UNLESS they are very close to you, at which point I ask why are they so close to fucking Invoker?

It still doesn't change that you, by yourself, have a skill to setup EMP. Yes, it still requires practice but most combo-based skills also does. The range of both Tornado and EMP also increases as you level up Wex so setting up even when you're far shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Look at that, I'd say a Tornado -> EMP is "guaranteed" only at level 5 of Quas, which is like level 11-13.

FTFY.

11-13? That translates to midgame where the combo is most potent. Also, I think most people would leave Quas at that level and max Wex or go for Exort from that point onwards. It's like level 2 X Marks the Spot with Torrent as you can score a guaranteed hit if you leave X Marks at that level.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
We made a comeback after being two rax down at 50 mins against an ags tiny and mkb/bfly/bkb/satanic gyro...with sk, timber, lina, and pa. Game was insane. Starladder take notes on beating tiny.

gKwhAC9.png

Hell of a swing there. http://dotabuff.com/matches/620392924

Hylian7

How the fuck did you make it there?

doesnt look that different from mine
Losing streak, got back out though.

I guess that needed an explanation. I'll list a few of the things.

1. Ancients Dusa with the ward that doesn't know how to do it without the ward.
2. Nobody bothering said Dusa.
3. Bloodseeker starting silencing me at level 1. There was no gank coming for me, so I just went ham on him with my extra damage. Hooked him at 2 for FB. I made a mistake and died to him a few minutes later, but right after that I got a hook on him.
4. They really had a better team comp than us and still lost.
5. Invoker had 30 CS and never even finished that Euls.

Shinypogs

I wonder what would happen if Icefrog removed EMP altogether and replaced it with a new spell?

I think it'd be interesting, maybe have a mini lore thing tied in about him learning/ remembering a forgotten art.

Also holy fuck he just seems broken in his 27 spell version.

G.ZZZ

Lost 400 MMR last 3 months. Earth picker confirmed.

Not even mad, i just random first and then people random all the team after me. It's like no one care anymore even in ranked. Remove this, it's just useless.

Acinixys

4kMMR race status:
Me: 3724 (last ranked game 2 months ago)
Hylian: <3500
Kirby (or was it someone else): ?

I really wish I could play ranked. No one Qs for it on the South African server so i have to play on EU West with 250 ping if i ever want to boost my MMR, which means playing support 100% of the time. :(

Boken

Banned
Reflection
Attack Speed Reduction: 15/30/45/60%
Movement Speed Reduction: 15/30/45/60%
Duration: 2/3/4/5

Sound good?

wait what

TB reduces attack speed too!?

thats absolutely disgusting

ps you are absolutely gutting reflection
i guess its not a big surprise since u think 4x cd on nidalee spear is "balancing" her

M.D

gotta love people that fight non stop and not farm, then decide to join team fights only when they are in a number disadvantage and die every time

spirit breaker safelane somehow ended lvl 16 (lowest on the team, i was solo support with him in lane and ended up 18) with 77 last hits 43 minute game.. how the fuck does that even happen

Fevaweva

I feel like Brewmaster is deserving of a buff. He is a complete non-entity despite being really good (I have found at least) against the likes of TB, Wraith King and Lifestealer.

inkls

wait what

TB reduces attack speed too!?

thats absolutely disgusting

ps you are absolutely gutting reflection
i guess its not a big surprise since u think 4x cd on nidalee spear is "balancing" her

Exactly what you would expect from a earth spirit picker. Seriously though, I just think they should give her spear the tresh treatment except its mana. Mana cost increases, but you get half of it refunded with a successful spear on a player. ez

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I feel like Brewmaster is deserving of a buff. He is a complete non-entity despite being really good (I have found at least) against the likes of TB, Wraith King and Lifestealer.

He just got a substantial buff. I just think he doesn't fit really well in the meta so he goes under appreciated by pubs as well.

Boken

Banned
Exactly what you would expect from a earth spirit picker. Seriously though, I just think they should give her spear the tresh treatment except its mana. Mana cost increases, but you get half of it refunded with a successful spear on a player. ez

u r just copying me now

Randdalf

He's a really good hero if he's put against the right hero lineup. If he's put against a bunch of casters and heroes with stuns, he really serves little purpose in fights because he can be so easily shut down and because there's no right-click hero he can completely take out of the fight.

manfestival

My point is there are A LOT of skills in DOTA2 that are "ridiculous" at first glance but aren't as strong as they seem to be when put into practice.

They are ridiculous and are still very strong regardless of practice. The game itself is balanced on imbalance basically.

Never played shadow shaman before. Dropped in with him an went on a 4 game winning streak. Good stuff. Going in lane with a strong melee character and channeling someone super early leads to hilarious first bloods.

Top Bottom