• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Demoli

I sincerely hope the next patch doesnt nerf bat too much, i feel the hero is in a great spot atm.

And please, PLEASE buff undying and Panda.

Nymerio

Played TB for the first time today. Had a Pugna on the opposing team, waiting for him to drain me almost completely and then swapping health felt great. AAA Pugna would let him suck me off again any time.

Razzer

I sincerely hope the next patch doesnt nerf bat too much, i feel the hero is in a great stop atm.

Bat's quite lucky in that his skill set is just so inherently good. I feel it would take massive nerfs to truly take him out of the pro scene. He's the only hero that can just steal someone from their team to yours like that other than Pudge and Venge, who are far less reliable and suicidal respectively. The blink lasso forcestaff combo is just so good, even without the turnrate stuff and flamebreak.

kvk1

Eh. That thread is pretty misleading.

Yes 6.81 comes after 6.80 but an update to the private beta client doesn't confirm anything. Plus they don't need a client update to test new balance changes.

Sorry Matt.

The hype train has already left the station.

Choo-choo!

Randdalf

I sincerely hope the next patch doesnt nerf bat too much, i feel the hero is in a great spot atm.

I wonder if Broodmother will get a substantial rework, the hero just doesn't seem to be effective at all nowadays.

Ultrabum

I wonder if Broodmother will get a substantial rework, the hero just doesn't seem to be effective at all nowadays.

I play a lot of all random. The other day we got 4 carries and kotl vs a brood mother and some other heros. The idiot kotl repicked. Brood mother is still the best hero vs no aoe.

Mnight shamalaman twist, I was the kotl, oh god why????????

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Yes 6.81 comes after 6.80 but an update to the private beta client doesn't confirm anything. Plus they don't need a client update to test new balance changes.

If we only ever listened to your posts though man you'd honestly think we're never getting another content update again.

Demoli

I still think panda is really good people just don't play him.

Undying could use a hey look at me buff though.

Panda just doesnt do enough, No stun outside of ult and storm and fire panda are very squishy. I could see them make all pandas magic immune and a ministun on thunderclap.

Renoir

Im looking foward to undying buff. hes one of my top chart at the moment. I dont see him getting picked much, so i feel boss like when i pick him and ace.
4Aj2JBZ.png

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Reddit posting misleading thread titles?

Someone post this shocking news on Reddit.

Glix

I love watching videos while I'm at work that help me with my game...

BUT...

Youtube works like ass at my job but twitch works great. Any recommendations of user (besides Purge) that has good videos archived that I could watch to help improve?

I went from 2.2k to 2.8k over the last month or so, I've been stepping it up pretty big time.

I miss hats :(

Regular old, hats. Not in some kind of chest, not attached to tickets, not promotions. Plain old sets added to the shop. The last time that happened was the end of February.

1 more round of additions to the drop system and they're out of sets to add unless they add the F2P sets to the system or the Dire/Radiant chest items.

Also next round of drops, DC's Pudge set's time is here. Curious to see if they add that to the system or not. Also Regalia of the Wraithlord, which I'm positive they'll re-add and treat it as a new set entirely.

Razzer

I love watching videos while I'm at work that help me with my game...

BUT...

Youtube works like ass at my job but twitch works great. Any recommendations of user (besides Purge) that has good videos archived that I could watch to help improve?

I went from 2.2k to 2.8k over the last month or so, I've been stepping it up pretty big time.

Merlini tends to talk through his reasoning a lot. Dad is also ok for learning when he isn't just having fun with his mates.

Glix

Merlini tends to talk through his reasoning a lot. Dad is also ok for learning when he isn't just having fun with his mates.

Awesome, thanks.

On the MMR topic... I have certainly had to improve my play... but the biggest change I've made is to my leadership.

I talk to the party before we pick and try and get everyone set on a role. If there is a non-communicator I try and work with him, instead of raging at them, and I implore the rest of the team to do the same. I talk or type throughout the match, trying to keep the team together and on point. Its amazing how much it has increased my winning percentage.

Maybe I will get out of this trench one day.

I'm also starting to see more "surprises" at the higher mmr. I was solo laning as SK against a TB yesterday. The first time he Q'd me (move needs a nerf so badly) I burrow'd him and then sandstorm. The second time he tried it... he had dust. We're talking 3 or 4 mins in. Great move by him, but SHOCKING for me, as in all my games no one has ever dusted me as SK that early before. Re-learning your tricks because they don't work anymore is sucky, but will make me a better player in the end.

Razzer

Awesome, thanks.

On the MMR topic... I have certainly had to improve my play... but the biggest change I've made is to my leadership.

I talk to the party before we pick and try and get everyone set on a role. If there is a non-communicator I try and work with him, instead of raging at them, and I implore the rest of the team to do the same. I talk or type throughout the match, trying to keep the team together and on point. Its amazing how much it has increased my winning percentage.

Maybe I will get out of this trench one day.

I'm also starting to see more "surprises" at the higher mmr. I was solo laning as SK against a TB yesterday. The first time he Q'd me (move needs a nerf so badly) I burrow'd him and then sandstorm. The second time he tried it... he had dust. We're talking 3 or 4 mins in. Great move by him, but SHOCKING for me, as in all my games no one has ever dusted me as SK that early before. Re-learning your tricks because they don't work anymore is sucky, but will make me a better player in the end.

In the game I posted earlier, despite being the only invis hero (SK), and having a NS and Huskar on my team who you'd think would be way more likely mids, Weaver came to mid lane with dust as starting items. I mean wtf why would he think I'd be there. That was a shock.

ok so midas on sven? yay or nay?

or should it only be used in situational scenarios where you are behind for whatever reason?
Midas is not a I'm behind item. If you know youre going to be behind in the future sure. But don't buy it to try and catch up, it will only put you behind faster.

BeesEight

Panda just doesnt do enough, No stun outside of ult and storm and fire panda are very squishy. I could see them make all pandas magic immune and a ministun on thunderclap.

Agreed. I felt the agh's change was a huge nerf to him and the cooldown on his ultimate was long overdue and not the game changer needed for him to keep with the improvements to other heroes.

I used to play a lot of Brew, but in the current scene he just doesn't offer anything helpful. His greatest contribution now is the eight second 75% miss chance that's completely defeated by bkb. And without Aghanim's buffing the spirits to make them tanky, it really puts his ultimate on a short viability window before it's just too easy to focus them down and kill them in the 15-19 seconds you're stuck in it. It may partly be my crap micro, but I never grab Aghanim's now and mostly use his ultimate as a chance for a "second life." Get into a fight, throw out spells and as much damage as I can then when I get low, split and hide the storm panda while trying to do as much damage as possible with the remaining two before they're murdered in like three seconds. It doesn't help that the old way of using Brew involved getting blink dagger and a bunch of items that have no scaling to them either, really shackling you to that lackluster ultimate.

End of the day, Phoenix is a far better pickup for the sort of thing you'd want to have Brew.

Randdalf

Agreed. I felt the agh's change was a huge nerf to him and the cooldown on his ultimate was long overdue and not the game changer needed for him to keep with the improvements to other heroes.

I used to play a lot of Brew, but in the current scene he just doesn't offer anything helpful. His greatest contribution now is the eight second 75% miss chance that's completely defeated by bkb. And without Aghanim's buffing the spirits to make them tanky, it really puts his ultimate on a short viability window before it's just too easy to focus them down and kill them in the 15-19 seconds you're stuck in it. It may partly be my crap micro, but I never grab Aghanim's now and mostly use his ultimate as a chance for a "second life." Get into a fight, throw out spells and as much damage as I can then when I get low, split and hide the storm panda while trying to do as much damage as possible with the remaining two before they're murdered in like three seconds. It doesn't help that the old way of using Brew involved getting blink dagger and a bunch of items that have no scaling to them either, really shackling you to that lackluster ultimate.

End of the day, Phoenix is a far better pickup for the sort of thing you'd want to have Brew.

I think Brew's ultimate is far better used as initiation in a team fight, you just need the right heroes to back you up.

Storage

I think the earliest possible we can expect a new patch would be sometime after DreamHack Bucharest which is this weekend.

It wouldn't make sense imo to release a patch like 4 days before another LAN event

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I don't care if they take their time with the next patch, as long as it has a balance patch and a Compendium with a Techies stretch goal.

They really need to get that TI4 Compendium out there so it has time to grow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the earliest possible we can expect a new patch would be sometime after DreamHack Bucharest which is this weekend.

It wouldn't make sense imo to release a patch like 4 days before another LAN event

Its a lan event with 4 teams directly invited. Its not important at all.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't care if they take their time with the next patch, as long as it has a balance patch and a Compendium with a Techies stretch goal.

They really need to get that TI4 Compendium out there so it has time to grow.

Honestly. The TI3 compendium was released on May 6th last year. We're almost to that point already, and TI4 is nearly a month earlier. So it's actually pretty late already.

manfestival

Guys, I've lost every game I've played as Sven, never failing to die less than 10 times.

I sucked at first with sven. Then I watched a couple pros playing him. I then realized its about playing it safe and farming until you get ganks. Also, leveling up Q first and E second. Many times (depending on enemy positioning), I will just bring all the creeps fairly low and use one q for quick last hits. Magic wand and drums are great early game choices too.

Quesa

At this point I'd be happy with 6.81 and some hats. And I honestly hope Valve doesn't get into the mood of only adding patches with heroes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh come one, Perfect World is now just teasing us. They put the next set of chests on the workshop. They seem to have gotten this private item thing down, but they are forgetting to make the collection private so it still shows up in that tab:

200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251545940
"May Treasure Volume No.1"

200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251547871
"May Treasure Volume No.2"

200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251548787
"Blade Champion Set"

200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249722454
SK Jade King Set

200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250581774
"Brewmaster's Fortune Master Set"

200x200.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250621533
"Holiday Loots"

Is Labour Day a big event in China?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think Tusk and Undying both need buffs to their ultimates. I like playing both of those heroes but their ultimates are the least impressive skills in their kits. Isn't the point of an ultimate to be ultimate?

elyetis

And I honestly hope Valve doesn't get into the mood of only adding patches with heroes.
I can only agree with that, more generaly I still don't see the advantage of delaying content just for the sake of making it a big patch.

Now after 2 full month ( without counting their vacations ) I do expect new hero(s) to be ready at that point.. well I shouldn't say 'expect' since they keep making me lower my actual expectation, let's say 'hope'.

Just looked it up, from TI2 to 19 april there was 10 hero released ( and 6.75b, 6.75c & 6.76; Least Played, Team Matchmaking, All Random game mode, private mid only, private Reverse Draft; tutorial and Quest mode, In-Game guides added; so it really wasn't at the cost of no other big addition to the game ); 5 from TI3 to now, with 5 unreleased hero it mean we actually would have had parity a couple days ago if things didn't get slower ( not just different, slower ).
I think Tusk and Undying both need buffs to their ultimates. I like playing both of those heroes but their ultimates are the least impressive skills in their kits. Isn't the point of an ultimate to be ultimate?
Tusk ultimate is ultimate.... in ability draft with a ranged agi hero. So please give it range ! ( yeah I want tusk to get completly OP )

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Now after 2 full month ( without counting their vacations ) I do expect new hero(s) to be ready at that point.. well I shouldn't say 'expect' since they keep making me lower my actual expectation, let's say 'hope'.

It's actually been 3 months.

Top Bottom