• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

elyetis

By the way, I don't know why, but my MMR has been decreasing for the past weeks. I used to be ranked 2.5K-2.6K MMR, and now, I am more in the 2.3k-2.4K trench. The difference is huge.
I went from 3800 to 3200-3300 in a matter of weeks and don't see any difference to be honest.

Just did 3 game, 3 ember in the opposite team, not getting boring at all..

Wok

I went from 3800 to 3200-3300 in a matter of weeks and don't see any difference to be honest.

I have seen a difference: nobody buys wards in my team, everyone chooses a carry, and people do not farm and do not defend, they just fight and feed.

Sometimes someone knows how to play, but I guess it is a smurf account. I dislike smurfs very much.

inkls

I have seen a difference: nobody buys wards in my team, everyone chooses a carry, and people do not farm and do not defend, they just fight and feed.

Sometimes someone knows how to play, but I guess it is a smurf account. I dislike smurfs very much.

Might also be the time at which you play. I'm at 2.5-2.6k and the change you describe happens after 8-9pm est. Usually I get competent teammates and after that time no one knows whats a ward.

elyetis

That's pretty much what I still see in my 3200 to 4200 ( play with a slightly higher mmr friend who was 4200 when I was 3800 ) mmr.
People will still last pick a jungler even thought there is no hard laner, heck I had an ally last pick a nature prophet and call jungle, while our team already had enchantress + enigma.

edit : OMFG a 800mo patch

not

Zeth

Not ur work Hylian, sorry.

The Mirana, lol.

Oh god - watching your steam team chat - this is why I've put off queuing for 4 months.

Wok

Might also be the time at which you play. I'm at 2.5-2.6k and the change you describe happens after 8-9pm est. Usually I get competent teammates and after that time no one knows whats a ward.

Actually, this is a smart guess, I have changed my gaming hours recently!

What casters do you guys like the most? I think the LD, Merlini combo was the most entertaining yet still informative cast I've heard yet. I don't like Ayesee, like at all. He loves his own voice but doesn't know any Dota worth a damn.

Mohasus

I like v1lat because I can't understand him so even if he says something wrong, it doesn't bother me. Lysander is funny and LD/Merlini combo is good too.

Hate Tobi and Ayesee, stop screaming please.

ViviOggi

What casters do you guys like the most? I think the LD, Merlini combo was the most entertaining yet still informative cast I've heard yet. Don't like Ayesee, like at all.

I'm a fan of LD, Dadskyl and the GD boys, although Tobi can work when combined with a pro player. I also like GoDz but he only seems to cast occasionally nowadays.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Synderen is the best especially with Sunsfan or Tobi. Tobi is pretty good too. LD and Merlini are boring but at least they talk about Dota unlike the twats on Dream league.

ViviOggi

I actually like Necro a lot and think he'd complement a deathball very well, he's just so difficult to lane. He's kinda ass as a support, falls off too fast as a 1, doesn't give you enough during the early game to warrant a 2 position and is very unsafe on the offlane. How many Icefrog nudge buffs will it take for him to see play?

I saw Dad wrecking with Lothars on Necro a long time ago, he should try that again

shira

http://a.pomf.se/irkhym.webm
choo-choo
http://steamdb.info/app/580/

qGGjujt.png

[fail]fail[/fail]

Chat wheel isn't prevented when communication banned.
Fixed bug allowing more than the maximum reports/commends per week.
Allow chat in private/tournament lobbies while communication banned.
Players are now notified how much time is remaining on the communication ban.
Fixed server stability issue that was resulting in a reduced number of servers and long wait times.
Fixed issue where heroes were not displaying in the Loadout panel when using some items.
Workshop panel updates the hero and item models on import.
Fixed an issue where some courier effects were not being loaded and displayed.
Fixed an issue where Lina's Fiery Soul skin was incorrect.

All current communication bans have been lifted as of this update.

And no hats!?

NO HATS?

FACE

Banned
new patch? what does it do?

- Chat wheel isn't prevented when communication banned.
- Fixed bug allowing more than the maximum reports/commends per week.
- Allow chat in private/tournament lobbies while communication banned.
- Players are now notified how much time is remaining on the communication ban.
- Fixed server stability issue that was resulting in a reduced number of servers and long wait times.
- Fixed issue where heroes were not displaying in the Loadout panel when using some items.
- Workshop panel updates the hero and item models on import.
- Fixed an issue where some courier effects were not being loaded and displayed.
- Fixed an issue where Lina's Fiery Soul skin was incorrect.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=83528

Randdalf

ChaT whEel isn't prevented when CommunIcation bannEd.
Fixed bug allowing more than the maximum reportS/COmmends per week.
Allow chat in private/tourNament lobbies while communication banned.
Players are now notified how much time is remaining on the communication ban.
FIxed seRver stability issue that was resulting in a reduced nuMbEr of servers and long wait times.
FixeD issue where herOes were not displaying in the Loadout panel when using some items.
WoRkshop pAnel updates the hero and item models on import.
Fixed an issue where some Courier effects were not being LoadEd And dispLayed.
Fixed an iSsue where Lina's Fiery SOul skin was incorrect.

I found a secret code embedded in the patch notes!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Considering it's been nearly three weeks since even a hat patch and all we get there is a handful of not even useful bug fixes, surely there's gotta be an actual patch coming pretty soon.

Kade

Patch is 90MB but the downloading folder in SteamApps is (reserving) 1.48GB. Hasn't ever done this before. Doesn't mean anything, right? Just Windows being weird?

Top Bottom